None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only thing worse that unseasonably warm weather in winter is when the local meteorologists act like it's such a blessing to be had; it's like the reverse of when somebody is really happy or excited about something, and then there's that one guy who has to kill their happiness for the sake of being a jerk.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
You don’t need anyone to kill your happiness because

pay attention now

you
do
It
to
yourself.

You do realize it’s your responsibility for you to be happy. That doesn’t fall on anyone else but you.

If you’re happier in colder climates, you could do something about it and move north. I bet Chicago would be perfect this time of year.

But if the only thing holding you back is your own excuses, nobody is going to feel sorry for you.

Have some cheese with your whine.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
He’s not wrong on that.

I mean the truth is no one is responsible on how you personally respond to something. That’s on you. Situations like the actions of a killjoy trying to ruin something someone is excited for is something they’re responsible for yes, but how the person responds to that is on them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE OVER 70 DEGREES IN DECEMBER!!

IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE OVER 70 DEGREES IN WINTER!!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE OVER 70 DEGREES IN DECEMBER!!

IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE OVER 70 DEGREES IN WINTER!!
Like clockwork.
People in Florida aren’t crying like you.
I’ve already mentioned there’s a vacant house in Michigan looking for a tenant. All you have to do is get up off your brains and move north.

But no.
That would actually take some effort on your part, and we can’t have that.
Enjoy another blowtorch Christmas, and keep whining til Kingdom Come.
Your misery may love company, but not mine.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be fair however, while I get what you’re saying in that post, finding a new place is easier said than done with how stressful it can be.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I know that too. I moved three times in the last five years.
But if I want a cold winter, I’d move to where the cold weather is, instead of waiting it to come to me. Because it may not come.

I almost moved to Florida, knowing full well it will be 80 degrees year round. I’d know going in we would have a green Christmas.

So maybe another blowtorch Christmas might prompt him to do something.
Unless he doesn’t want it bad enough.
If you have a tremendous desire to do something, you motivate yourself to do it, and you don’t quit until your goal gets done.

But just sitting there accomplishes nothing.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
D'Snowth: complains about the weather

fuzzygobo:

But honestly, I hate cold cold and don't get why anyone would want anything below like 50. It's 14 by me right now.