None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Climate change doesn’t seem to be a problem to people in Florida. Imagine that. Once you l get past Georgia, climate change gets left behind as well. Or move up to my sister’s old house in Petoskey, Michigan. She sold it in 1995, she thinks it’s still vacant. It’s on the shore of Lake Michigan, not far from where three Great Lakes. You might have to shovel nine feet of snow, but think of the workout you’ll get. You might even lose a chin or two.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, so um, bipolar New England weather was on one of her many mood swings today that it was bright and sunny out today..... it felt like friggin’ spring! Literally right after we get a snow storm a few days ago.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
We’re still digging out from the three feet that got dumped on us on Monday. Plus another five inches tonight into tomorrow.
Biggest winter storm to hit us since 1996.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dang it! We were so close to having our first completely normal/seasonal February in years, but nope . . . early spring has arrived after all. At least much of February has actually been below average this year, which has been a refreshing change of pace - just too bad it couldn't have actually lasted through the entire month, let alone the winter season. :smirk:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You really haven’t had a full on winter since like the 2000s, have you?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What the serious frog?! For no reason at all, it just jumped up to 75 degrees today on the last day of February! What happened to those six extra weeks of winter Punxsutawney Phil said we were going to have?! Stupid groundhog!

See now why I'd rather expect the worst case scenario and not be disappointed? I was so looking forward to the prospect of a great, cold February, and it was . . . until the week of Valentine's when things gradually started becoming more springlike; I'm so disappointed.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So yeah, it's starting to get pretty warm down in NH.... which doesn't surprise me cause Spring is coming about.

I don't mind Spring so much in April and mid May, but by the time late May comes, that's when the weather really starts to get warm..... and then comes.... guh, summer...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, we're already looking at more 70s later this week, which . . . isn't unusual for this time of year, but it still feels too early, and I'm just not ready for it yet . . . fall and winter felt like they flew by :smirk:

But for all intents and purposes, yeah, it's spring already. Wild flowers are already blooming, trees are budding, and it's back to short sleeves now.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
One thing that sucks about summer is how easy it is to get chewed up by mosquitoes when going woods walking...

Oh yeah, and then there's watching out for nearby frogs when you're wearing shorts.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One thing that sucks about summer is how easy it is to get chewed up by mosquitoes when going woods walking...
Dude, it took years for some of the mosquito bites on my legs to completely heal! But, see, this is also one of the reasons why I try to avoid going outside as much as possible during the summer, because it's like every kind of vermin you can imagine is just waiting to attack you, whether it's bees or wasps dive-bombing you, or mosquitos chewing you up . . . ugh.

And the cicadas . . . do not get me started on those little demons from ****, and their infernal racket they bring every single night!