Next Muppet Replicas: Gonzo, Animal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I don't think Master Replicas is the one losing the license. I believe that it said Corgi was the one that ends as of Jaruary 1, 2008. I hope MR keeps up for next year on both Muppets and Star Wars.

tomahawk

Reaction score
I don't think Master Replicas is the one losing the license. I believe that it said Corgi was the one that ends as of Jaruary 1, 2008. I hope MR keeps up for next year on both Muppets and Star Wars.
Corgi owns Master Replicas. The whole line is done after this year. The Muppet license is not connected, but money wise it could be a big blow to MR.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
December 29, 2006

Corgi International Limited Closes Merger With Master Replicas Inc.

HONG KONG -- December 26, 2006 -- Corgi International Limited (Nasdaq GM: CRGID) today announced that the merger with Master Replicas Inc. has closed. Michael Cookson and Jennifer Klatt of Master Replicas Inc. have been named CEO and CFO, respectively, of Corgi.

Cookson commented, "The new Corgi combines three high quality brand names (Corgi Classics, Master Replicas, and Cards Inc.) into a single entity that expands the depth of its licenses, its collectible categories and its range of products."

The new Corgi now holds licenses for many of the highest grossing film franchises of all time including Batman, Disney Classics, Harry Potter, James Bond, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Trek, Star Wars, Superman, and others.

The company will be developing unique, collectible products under three brands. New products will begin arriving at retail in the spring of 2007 for Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars 30th Anniversary, and Transformers and in the fall of 2007, for The Golden Compass.
Corgi Classics will focus on collectible die cast vehicles and figurines, Master Replicas will continue to develop and produce movie prop replicas and high end collectibles, and a third brand will develop licensed products for the gift and toy channels.<p>For more information, please visit www.Corgi-International.com, www.MasterReplicas.com and www.CardsInc.com.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Corgi and Master Replicas are one.

December 29, 2006

Corgi International Limited Closes Merger With Master Replicas Inc.

HONG KONG -- December 26, 2006 -- Corgi International Limited (Nasdaq GM: CRGID) today announced that the merger with Master Replicas Inc. has closed. Michael Cookson and Jennifer Klatt of Master Replicas Inc. have been named CEO and CFO, respectively, of Corgi.

Cookson commented, "The new Corgi combines three high quality brand names (Corgi Classics, Master Replicas, and Cards Inc.) into a single entity that expands the depth of its licenses, its collectible categories and its range of products."

The new Corgi now holds licenses for many of the highest grossing film franchises of all time including Batman, Disney Classics, Harry Potter, James Bond, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Trek, Star Wars, Superman, and others.

The company will be developing unique, collectible products under three brands. New products will begin arriving at retail in the spring of 2007 for Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars 30th Anniversary, and Transformers and in the fall of 2007, for The Golden Compass.
Corgi Classics will focus on collectible die cast vehicles and figurines, Master Replicas will continue to develop and produce movie prop replicas and high end collectibles, and a third brand will develop licensed products for the gift and toy channels.<p>For more information, please visit www.Corgi-International.com, www.MasterReplicas.com and www.CardsInc.com.
Tomahawk is correct.Although there are different divisions,they are all controlled by Corgi.So if the Parent Company finishes the licence, it means master Replicas has finished the Star Wars line from the end of this year, but stock will carry on into next year.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Guys, I've tried to get a reply from Amy about a Gonzo pic or any news and I became the laughing stock of the board. They do not take our collection ceriously like we do. They are only wrapped up in Star Wars. But that's ok, there line is ending in Janruary of next year. Amy DID say there will be more to come for us next year for the Muppets!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Yes, more Muppets next year, but they are planing things that belonged to the muppets, like vehicles, clothes, props in replica or scaled replica form.Let's hope that the Muppets themselves continue.

tomahawk

Reaction score
Yeah, MuppetCaper, I felt bad that they mostly ignored you over there. But all the Star Wars collectors are sweating bullets over the line ending. Good news on more Muppet stuff though.

Status
Not open for further replies.