Next Muppet Replicas: Gonzo, Animal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Big news from Comic-Con! Kevin Eslinger has kindly given me permission to announce the next Muppet Replica after Kermit coming from Master Replicas. It has been officially appoved by Disney.

To get the whole story, go here.

Was Once Ernie

:stick_out_tongue:

muppetperson

Reaction score
That's great Earl-nie.You were given a great privalidge.That was my next choice.Kermit looks great, although a bit shimmery in texture.Didnt Mike the Propologist build the Kermit prototype or was it shared between him and Terry Angus?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
GONZO!!!!!! OH MY DEAR JIM IN HEAVEN THAT IS SO SUPER FANTASTICABULOUSLY AMAZING!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!! WOOOOOT!! That's gonna rule so much!! *dances cares away* :excited: :big_grin: :smile:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
muppetperson said:
Kermit looks great, although a bit shimmery in texture. Didn't Mike the Propologist build the Kermit prototype or was it shared between him and Terry Angus?
I don't know why, but sometimes Antron fleece photographs shimmery. It doesn't look like that in person. Maybe it has something to do with digital photography or the flash.

Mike the Propologist built a Kermit puppet prototype. Disney has not yet approved puppet versions of the characters, only the photo poser versions.

By the way, I didn't post this in my original article, but I'm very happy with the way Kermit came out. You have to pull the material out from his neck a little to make him look perfect, but after you pose him and pull it out, it will stay that way. On its own, it tends to want to flatten out. Kevin said he considered putting a piece of foam in there, because that's where Jim's thumb would have been, but they couldn't get it to look right, so they left it out. But you can fix it when you pose him.

Also, in case anyone wasn't sure, it isn't a toy. You can't play with it repeatedly. The material is delicate and will show signs of wear if you over-handle it.

But with these very small caveats, it is incredible that we finally have a product this nice. Kevin and Master Replicas are to be commended. And Disney too, for allowing a dream to come true for so many of us.

:stick_out_tongue:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Oh WOW!!! great news! i STILL have to order (or pre-order?) my Kermie still :smile: :big_grin: BTW anyone have a link to where I can get Kermit cheap? I know there NOT cheap but cheaper then what i find and FREE shipping at? the cheapest I can find him is on http://timespacetoys.stores.yahoo.net/prkefrpure.html for 174.99 but then shipping is $5 somthin to a total of $180.94 :frown:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
Oh WOW!!! great news! i STILL have to order (or pre-order?) my Kermie still
Me too!

Great news about Gonzo, I hope he will be dressed in the purple suit from The Muppet show days :zany:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Cool that you got the scoop!

I love Gonzo, but I was really pining for a Rowlf. Oh well, I know it goes by popularity and familiarity, so that's okay. Maybe someday.

Also checked out more of your blog, good stuff! Is it too late to guess the location of your picture? Ha ha.

I've been pondering picking up seasons 1-5 of The Flintstones, and I saw that you've got some commentary (or something like that) on Season 5(?)! That's awesome. I remember you guys talking about that in another thread, but I guess I had forgotten.

Back on topic: Can't wait for Kermit! Hope it's not too hard for China to nail Gonzo's likeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.