New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrazyJoe

Reaction score
My post disappeared :frown:

I posted the trailer yesterday afternoon and my post vanished without a trace! Fortunately I see that Boomerang Fish re-posted it.

I can't imagine what happened to my initial post, though :frown:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, maybe it has something to do with the fact there's already a thread discussing the trailer over in the Muppet Appearances section. Which is why another duplicate thread posted by fellow forum member beaker was also deleted.
:rolleyes:

terrimonster

Reaction score
Yeah, maybe it has something to do with the fact there's already a thread discussing the trailer over in the Muppet Appearances section. Which is why another duplicate thread posted by fellow forum member beaker was also deleted.
:rolleyes:
I imagine there will be a lot of threads popping up here, considering threads about trailers for the last movie were in Muppet Headlines instead of Muppet Appearances. I nearly started one myself but checked around a bit because I couldn't believe that nobody would have started one yet. I had been checking headlines repeatedly and never thought to look at appearances.

beaker

Reaction score
What's wrong with one thread dedicated to the trailer like we had in 2011? Hardly anyone is going to look at a 78 page thread and click on it. Strange.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Louise. Gold. Annie. Sue. I. Can't. Believe. This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though I knew Louise was still alive and well, I had thought that she had pretty much retired from performing. I'm so happy to hear this! The best thing is that we know that this is more than a non-speaking cameo role. Even if Annie Sue doesn't end up having much screen time, we can still know that she has a voice, HER voice!

Well guess if one looks closely at Louise's very on off thirty six year puppeteering career this is just soooo typical of her, to suddenly pop up as a puppeteer again, when no one is expecting it. Actually it's kind of typical of the surprising moves her performing career seems to take.
But I must say even I'm surprised to find her once again in major productions - since for something like about ten years her puppeteering seems to have been mostly her cabaret act, odd one off charity performances, and documentaries about puppetry. - though of course there was that memorable piece on TransMission Impossible.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
OH WOWWOWWOWWOW!!!! This is Amazing news for Muppet fans! Louise Gold is back, for real! It will be great to see her reunited with Dave Goelz :concern: :confused: :cool::oops: and Steve Whitmire :smile::shifty::eek::boo: after 25+ years. I wonder if she'll be the only female Muppet performer in the movie. Too...much...excitement... (head explodes, Muppet-style)
http://www.toughpigs.com/the-muppets-again-will-have-gold/

Well actually, although it's over 30 years since Caper. Louise worked with both Steve and Dave a little over 20 years ago on Christmas Carol (where at one point she was assisting Dave Goelz - which resulted in him deciding to name one of the film's chicken's after her). And the 18 years ago she and Dave did The Secret Life Of Toys.
Then 16 years ago they were all doing Muppet Treasure Island (Louise did one of the Rats on Rizzo's Rat Tours - she was the tour guide), and then 16 years ago she was working with both Dave and Steve again on Season 3 of The Animal Show. - so it's not quite as long ago as 25 years.

KrazyJoe

Reaction score
I imagine there will be a lot of threads popping up here, considering threads about trailers for the last movie were in Muppet Headlines instead of Muppet Appearances. I nearly started one myself but checked around a bit because I couldn't believe that nobody would have started one yet. I had been checking headlines repeatedly and never thought to look at appearances.
Agreed. It never would have occurred to me to look under 'appearances'. A new Muppet trailer seems more like 'Headline News'.

In any event, it's a great trailer.....for a short teaser.

Status
Not open for further replies.