New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Or you can all ignore me, that's good too.

Has anyone else mentioned that THERE'S GOING TO BE A FREAKING MUPPET MUSICAL?!

Focus on that!
There's a thread for that subject and it's not a done-deal.

Also, the discussion of Disney and the Muppets is very much on topic since they're the ones making this film. :embarrassed: But I agree that the griping about Disney has been going on far too long. :attitude:

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Nice change if subject.You're now my best friend :smile:

Other than Annie Sue, I haven't heard anything else. I'm just really hoping that Strangepork will return at some point.
Aw, shucks.

I'd love to see Strangepork come back, too. Maybe they'll have a montage of performances from the Muppet's tour and we'll get a brief glimpse of them doing Pigs In Space during it (fat chance, but fingers crossed)!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nice change if subject.You're now my best friend :smile:

Other than Annie Sue, I haven't heard anything else. I'm just really hoping that Strangepork will return at some point.
They'd need to rebuild Strangepork. I hear the one they used in Bohemian Rhapsody was on its way out. They were probably lucky it held together that long. Notice how he didn't have his glasses.

At least, I remember him not having them.

cjd874

Reaction score
I'd love to see Strangepork come back, too. Maybe they'll have a montage of performances from the Muppet's tour and we'll get a brief glimpse of them doing Pigs In Space during it (fat chance, but fingers crossed)!
Wow! I actually mentioned that exact possibility in "The Missing Link Hogthrob" thread in Classic Muppets. I wondered what it would be like if Steve performed Link, Matt Vogel played Dr. Strangepork, and Eric played Miss Piggy. But that might be all we see of the PIS characters except Piggy.

If they do have a montage of tour performances as you suggested, isn't there also a possibility of some brand-new skits for Muppet News Flash, the Swedish Chef, Vet's Hospital, Muppet Labs, or Bear on Patrol?

*crosses fingers and stands next to Zeppo&Friends*

Drtooth

Reaction score
If the last movie was any indication, I don't want too many sketches lifted from The Muppets Show. The last film tried to get as much Muppet film and show feel into a 90 minute film as possible, and that worked for that movie. This film seems especially plot driven, and too many Muppet Show skits would edge something out. I'd like to see parts of sketches already in progress or in montage form. Definitely some rehearsal/backstage bits to further the plot.

But I'd rather see full on Muppet Show style skits as viral videos, and it's a shame they haven't done more of that. A TV show is out of the question for some reason, but considering they brought back Arrested Development as a Netflix original series, no doubt that some more original online material would work wonderfully for the Muppets. If they could heighten that presence soon enough, it could spell better ticket sales for the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.