New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

FraggleLover130

Reaction score
Disney seems to want to strike while the Muppets are hot. That's a good thing. This is an approximate breakdown of what is required for a Summer 2013 release:
  • 3 months to complete & polish the script
  • 3 months of preproduction, soundtrack, set building, location scouting etc.
  • 3 months of production and filming
  • 3 months of post-production editing, effects and mixing
It can be done and not be rushed if they hit all green lights without any substancial set-backs over the next year. Television is an entirely different creature than film so I wouldn't compare the rushed specials to this sequel. However, I suspect this will be a holiday 2013 release. Either way, this is great news!!
I definitely agree! I love Disney, but they should really spend more time. The Muppets are a great thing, and should NEVER be compromised for money- it's just not what they're about! If Disney gets this movie wrong, I'll just go cry. In a corner. And ask myself, "What is happening to this world???????"
:crazy:

FraggleLover130

Reaction score
The Muppets were done far worse before Disney, let's just put it that way.
I'm going to guess that you mean before Disney, but after Jim Henson died? Because some of those movies were pretty bad....:boo:
If you're talking about the Muppet show, or the Jim Henson movies, I have to disagree. Jim Henson should be-and probably is- the King Of The Universe.
:drool:

mr3urious

Reaction score
I think he's referring to when they were owned by EM.TV, or maybe in the '80s with the "Play Along" preschool videos.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm going to guess that you mean before Disney, but after Jim Henson died? Because some of those movies were pretty bad....:boo:
Exactly what I was referring to. "The Muppets" may be a fan fic anniversary special style collection of nostalgic references, but it's still better than some of the last few movies and projects they made. Though I will say the EMTV era of merchandising is sorely missed, but then again action figures for older collectors aren't exactly "in" anymore. Thanks for killing the market MacFarline/stupid little indie tenth party companies who will sink their teeth in the most obscure licenses.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Constantine: "I have something in my teeth."

Pepe: "Next time put me in front of somebody blue or green, okay."

Gervais: Burrell, and Fey: "Here are our hands! They're not in the puppets."

Walter: "...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH..."

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I like it. Could be a lot better, but it serves its point. Would have loved to see a nice illustrated piece, but this will do. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.