New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's all subjective. It's all opinion. I won't budge on that and make decisions for others. Not even those who like Kermit's Swamp Years. :skeptical:
Sure, you're entitled. And I won't budge on the idea that there is a standard for art. (Haven't seem Kermit's Swamp Years, can't comment, lol)

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Sure, you're entitled. And I won't budge on the idea that there is a standard for art. (Haven't seem Kermit's Swamp Years, can't comment, lol)
So you're the arbiter of art. Okay then. :concern: I nominate Gonzo for that role.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
So you're the arbiter of art. Okay then. :concern: I nominate Gonzo for that role.
No, more like art is the arbiter of art. But actually Gonzo taking the role makes a lot of sense ("What do you know about great art?!") Lol, poor Gonzo. :concern:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Muppets from Space. 'Nuff Said

(though technically not fair an argument, as I don't find it that bad and suffered a lot of Executive Meddling, but it's normall found at the bottom of most people's lists)
Glad someone besides me defends MFS.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wasn't Citizen Kane also a major bomb at the box office? I believe it even got booed at the Oscars that year.
That was all about politics and William Randolph Hearst scaring the crap out of anyone who dared to see it. Theaters wouldn't even carry the film for fears of Hearst's repercussions. He's pretty much the reason why hemp is illegal. And that film kinda killed Orson Welles's career, leaving him to be completely unsatisfied with every single crummy role he could get. He HATED being Unicron.

Glad someone besides me defends MFS.
To be fair, there's a lot of good in MFS. I actually do like it, even though I give it a hard time. But too much backstage politics and a director who just wanted to do the film so he could have something on his resume (especially since his non-Spongebob and Kablam work isn't exactly much better by any stretch) quelled the film's potential. Even the fact that it was pretty much destined to be a space movie (read forced into being one to compete with Star Wars episode 1), even if the other film was to be made (the "In Space" movie rather than "From Space") had an air of jadedness marketing to it. To say nothing of Kermit and Piggy being in zombie mode. But darned if the best parts of the movie weren't good. If only the film was like the Brick House opening, the Jacuzzi party (HEY! Who cut Gonzo's cake?!), Jefferey Tambor and Bobo's chemistry, and the crazy lab rats and VanNeuter scenes, it would have been great. Blame the director for Kermit painting the house and Clifford checking the mail while every other Muppet randomly disappears in the middle of the film.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yet, the prospect of the musical is actually less relevant to the movie discussion. Besides, there's another thread for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.