New movies coming out...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
hey i know you guys are going stong with the dr. suess stuff, but have any of you seen a new preview the day after tomorrow? it looks really cool. basically from the previews the movie is about what happenes to the earth after global warming which shows tornadoes, hurricanes, an ice age that is in new york. sounds like a entertaining movie.....

ryan

Drtooth

Reaction score
Beebers said:
Yes, the Chuck Jones work was wonderful and Seuss was content. But Jones' price went way up commensurate with their mutual success and that was the end of the collaboration. No studio or producer wanted to pay his fee, which is a shame. They were both worth it. The bad experiences were both prior to and after the Chuck Jones collaborations.

I wonder how he felt with the DePatie Freling specials (The Cat in the Hat, The Grinch Grinches the Cat in the Hat, Halloween is Grinch night, etc.)

I ask because Joe Raposo wrote the Music to Pontofful Pock (music, Suess wrote the Lyrics)

Beebers

Reaction score
He had mixed feelings about the results.

Beebers

Reaction score
I just saw a very brief preview for Peter Pan, from Columbia. What's the good word on this? I think I'll go see it, it looks like a good treatment of the story.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think PP will be truer (more true) tot eh book than the Disney version. And boy does it look scarey for little kids. Search for a picture of the Mermaids on the internet, they are FREAKY!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
one movie I have looked forward to is the second installment of Pirates of The Caribbian...I heard a rumor it was going to be called The Legend of Devil's Throat (and my dad thinks it should be called the search for Keira's corset) here's a 'poster' (but I'm pretty sure it's fan created, although I could be mistaken)

anyway it's cool to look at

it's neat looking, though

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
That's a cool looking poster, and well-done for a fan-created job. I'd like to see the sequel as well, since the first one was so much fun.

movielad

Reaction score
One film I'm looking forward to is Ella Enchanted despite the trailer making it look like the live action version of Shrek. Another is Big Fish (which I missed out on at the company screening) and The Triplets of Belleville (one catchy song!).