New movies coming out...

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
movielad said:
Another is Big Fish (which I missed out on at the company screening) and The Triplets of Belleville (one catchy song!).
I'm really looking forward to Big Fish as well. I love Tim Burton, Ewan MacGregor, and Albert Finney, and I've heard wonderful things about this film.

movielad

Reaction score
Tee Hee - Tim Burton actually came to our offices to check up on work we were doing for BF - things would suddenly go very quiet when he was around :smile: Never found out if he turned up for our screening or not.. shame :frown:

Regards,

Martyn

buckshot

Reaction score
"big fish" looks sweet. burton is an incredible director.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Ewan McGreggor :flirt: + Tim Burton :big_grin: = Film you could not keep me away from for anything in the world! :excited:

I'm also looking forward to seeing:
Mona Lisa Smile
Girl With a Pearl Earring
Something's Gotta Give
Stuck on You (I think it looks funny even though everyone else seems to think it looks dumb!)
The Triplets of Belleville
Cold Mountain
and of course, ROTK!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I want am looking forward to some films next year, but more the year after:

Bond 21,
Star Wars,
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy,

and so on, but as I said, a few this year too,

The Passion of Christ (Mel Gibson's film)
Thunderbirds, the Live Action version,
Shrek 2...

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I've read some very good things about "The Passion of Christ" over at aintitcool.com. Sounds like a really interesting project.

movielad

Reaction score
Yes, I must admin I'm very interested in The Passion of Christ as well. Mel Gibson is a good director and having seen the trailer it looks like a lot of effort went into shooting it. Couldn't hurt to watch it at least once can it? :smile:

Regards,

martyn

Jennifer12

Reaction score
I'm sort of opposed to "The Passion of Christ" just based on the sleazy way they've been trying to market it.

Creating a pseudo-controversy over something just to incite a real controversy is a little bit below the belt in my humble opinion. Yes, I know it's a marketing technique that is tried and true, but it's not very ethical, which is very interesting when you are selling a movie that is ostensibly about Christianity.

Of course, maybe I should be addressing this in the pet peeves thread....the press coverage of this movie reminds me of the rush for the "big toy" every Christmas. The media announces that everyone wants a Cabbage Patch Kid, Tickle-Me Elmo, pick your product. Then everyone sees that the media has announced that there might be a shortage, which in turn creates a real panicked frenzy because everyone wants their own immediately! People don't realize they way they're being manipulated. :mad:

Ooops! I just slipped while stepping off my soapbox!

Jen

movielad

Reaction score
You make a film about a religious figure, it's always going to be controversial whether you want it or not - whether it be with the Jewish or Muslim (or any other religion) community. I'm not going to judge the film by the amount of attention it's received in the media - but purely on it's own merit.

Unfortunately the media will always pick up on these things and will try whatever it can to exgerate the outrage these things inevitably attract as it'll pull in more readership/viewers. Thank Goodness I don't work for mass journalism is all I can say :wink:

Regards,

Martyn