New movies coming out...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I perfer the Cartoon cat in the hat, made by the Seuss himself!

Plus I absoluttely Love The Grinch Grinches the Cat in the Hat. If Universal DARE ruin this with a Mike Myers/ Jim Carrey version... I'll barf!!!!

He isn't as sophisticated as in the cartoon.. he was little like a sophisticated Con Man... He got the kids to do practiucally everything... The version seems like he's breaking into the house and pretending to be a bad Kid's show host...
Exactly! He was a con man. Like The Music Man with rhymes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Kid's movie or not... I mean, this really doesn't look to good....

I hope they don't ruin Green Eggs and Ham and put Eddie Murphy in the Sam I Am role.... (I actually made that into a short comic)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Exactly! He was a con man. Like The Music Man with rhymes.

In the cartoon he was sort of like Michael Caine from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels meets "Find the Fish" from Monty Python's Meaning of Life...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
In the cartoon he was sort of like Michael Caine from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels meets "Find the Fish" from Monty Python's Meaning of Life...
oh. it's been a while since I've seen that cartoon.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They have most of the Dr. Seuss specials on DVD now... as I've said several pages earlier.

They are The Cat in the Hat (alone... one cartoon on a DVD)

Green Eggs and Ham (With halooween is Grinch Night)

The Lorax (With Pontoful Pock)

The Grinch Grinches the Cat in the Hat (with The Hoober Bollb Highway)

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
We got the "Finding Nemo" DVD today (yay!! :big_grin: ) and I finally saw a preview for "Home on the Range." My brothers both think it looks lame, but I think it looks fun and the sparser animation style is kinda cool looking. I'm looking forward to it. And to "The Incredibles." :smile: That one's not coming out till November 5 next year, but I didn't catch when "Home on the Range" is coming out.
Erin

Beauregard

Reaction score
Magic Roundabout, The Movie. No I am not joking.

Boy is this not fair, Red Dwarf, even Magic Roundabout gets a movie, but the Muppet Babies don't. Gunna' cry.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
home on the range looks awesome! I'm glad it's by the same people who did the emperor's new groove!

Beebers

Reaction score
I'm very late to this but I want to backtrack just for a second re: Cat In The Hat.

The entire thing is an insult to Seuss, and the Cat is made to look like someone who should be imprisoned immediately. And permanently. He's creepy.

Further, scenes such as the one in which he's swinging from a tree and the kids beat the be***** out of him are not only insulting and not funny, but are too influential on young children. These scenes imply that it's okay to be out of control. We have enough trouble with violence in this country and we just keep on promoting it in films and T.V. If my son were a child at this time I would not take him to see this bit of utter junk.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
here's something for you guys to look foward to for next summer. when i went to go see timeline a few days ago, i saw the preview for alien vs predator.........might be another waste of a movie but who knows...