New movies coming out...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
okay, here is one movie i will not be seeing because it looks really dumb and pointless just bu watching the previews. and the movie is daddy day care. i mean, what the heck is going on with eddie murphy here? man i hate to see good actors do bad movie after bad movie....who is not going to see this movie? i know i'm not...

ryan

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
the thing about Eddie Murphey is that he's trying to get away from the rude and crude and trying to go into more family oriented films. He has made a bad choice or two, but I think I will give this movie a chance...

Sarah

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I agree with ya there. Lord, this film looks TERRIBLE. And you are so right, Eddie Murphy is a *darn* good actor who had been consistantly taking horrid roles. I mean, he was stupendous in Bowfinger, why does he have to do such utter CRAP?!

-Matt

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
why does he have to do such utter CRAP?!
pluto nash comes to mind.......never saw the movie but it only lasted a week at the movie theaters....

ryan

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i just found out from some website that there maybe a home improvement movie for the big screen with the entire home improvement cast....sources say that have a great script worked out...i have no idea what to think about this....

anybody's thoughts on this...

ryan

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
well if it does have a great script, it should be good.

Sarah

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
people who work in movies say that stuff all the time though....

ryan

wolfy

Reaction score
You know, it's funny about that "Daddy's Day Care" movie...

I know a guy who had the original "Daddy's Daycare..." His name is Bri'an (pronounced BREE-on), he's black, about the age of Eddie Murphy now, his wife got a great job as a military officer in the USAF (okay, some folks don't think the AF is a good job, but hers was great and, as a major, not bad pay) and they had two small children at home, a little girl, Bri'ana and their newborn son whose name escapes me. So Bri'an decided to stay home and play "Mr. Mom" and then started "A Daddy's Daycare."

He had a lot of people who loved coming there, including me with my son, but about a year later things didn't work well...

Seems a guy who had been in the AF (kicked out for some pretty bad things!) slipped past the screening process at the state level and, because his record was in the military and not known locally, he was let in by Social Services as a daycare worker. My son didn't like him right away, and we never went back after that first couple hours that he was alone with all the kids.

In case you can't guess, the answer is ... yes... he was ...

But he was caught again (his ex-wife found out where he was working and let the district attorney know about it), kicked out of Bri'an's daycare (which suffered a bit for it for a while, which you can imagine!) and the so-n-so left the state... I only hope he isn't watching kids somewhere else now...

But hopefully "Daddy Day Care" is funnier and has a happier storyline to it...if it's like what happened at Bri'an's...well, I'll know where the story came from!
wolfy

PS Anyone watch the previews of "X-men 2" and "The Hulk" this weekend? Not bad...but don't think I'll spend money unless the kids drag me to X-men, and won't spend money unless the kids drag me, kicking and SCREAMING, to "Hulk." Definitely a DVD movie for me!:stick_out_tongue:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Everyone seems to know of the big name comic book movies, but there are a few lesser known books that are finding their way to the big screen.

Beautiful Killer - AMAZING mini-series. Probably my favorite non-Star Wars comic. Jessica Alba is slated to star as the lead (Brigit Cole), and frankly I think she will screw her character up so bad I shall be whincing in the isles. Lord help me, this film better do the book justice. If you haven't seen the books (which I'm sure most of you non-comic readers haven't), check it out. Even if you don't like comic books, the artwork is spectacular (Phil Noto is the reason I bought the books in the first place...the awesome story is a bonus [unlike HellSpawn, which is not turning out good storywise..:smirk: ]).

30 Days of Night - Wizard named this mini-series Best of the Year. I haven't gotten my copies yet (as a complete set ran me $65 on eBay with issue 1 being a second print [a first print issue 1 is $40 by itself..]), but I'm sure the art will be awesome. The film will probably be another cheesy vampire flick, but hopefully they'll at least stick to the plot while integrading their hoards of special effects. I'd suggest picking up thr trade paperback if you're interested, as its all 3 books in one right there for ya.

-Matt

Beauregard

Reaction score
While we are on the Subject of new films, I am really looking forward to the Runaway Jury that is coming out next year. Though it has been changed a LOT from the book and I can't see how it is going to work...