New movies coming out...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by ryhoyarbie

as for street fighter 2. van damme is a washed out actor. okay so he never could act, kind of like steven segal. but no one will see this movie because no one will care for this movie. so case closed on street fighter 2.
I'm surprised he doesn't do 10 10 220 commercials by now...

I mean, if it were a sequal to a memorable movie that did well at the box office and the sequal sucked, that makes sence...

but if they make a sequal to a critical, commercial, and ideal flop with "Senor Hasbeena" (aka Van Damme... I'm not getting a job) what were they smoking?

I mean, are they trying to be the "Producers" and see if they can make the biggest flop of all time?

wolfy

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
I'm surprised he doesn't do 10 10 220 commercials by now...
I thought he would do 10-10-9-8-7 calls, since they are for overseas now...?

Anyway, I wanted to ask the panel about the commercials for some of the new movies that are coming out right now. I don't mean just the big summer ones, but movies in general...

Barring X-men 2, in which I haven't seen one of what I am going to complain about with their commercials yet, I have seen commercials for "Daddy Day Care," "Lizzie McGuire" and even "Bruce Almighty" on my various channels on television (all the time, she said in drawn-out, whining voice).

And each and every one of them have SOME kind of "bathroom" joke of some kind....(again, long, drawn-out whiny voice).

"Daddy Day Care": The kid who goes "potty" and misses. Cue the music from "Psycho."

"Lizzie McGuire:" Lizzie is trying to sing, spins around in the bathroom and proceeds to fall into the bathtub, but amazingly misses all the taps and spigot and doesn't get hurt! I swear, this kid falls down more than someone with two broken legs and no crutches...yet never gets hurt...will wonders never cease...?

"Bruce Almighty:" Bruce uses "the power" and teaches the dog to urinate (like a human) and sit on the pot when it feels the "urge." Jennifer Anniston walks in on the dog when it is sitting on the pot reading the newspaper, says, "Oh, excuse me," walks back out and closes the door, then shakes her head like she can't believe what she just saw. Believe me, Jen, neither can I...

Why? Why, why, why, why, WHY??

Why all the "bathroom" references? Why in each and every movie any more (or does it just SEEM like that)?

Has "All in the Family" really paved the way for "toilet humor" to be extended so far?

Did Normal Lear really know what he had on his hands (so to speak) when he first flushed out the comedy of a flushing toliet on air?

Are we to be subjected to "toilet humor" for the rest of our days?

These and other questions to be answered in FUTURE MOVIES!
wolfy

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
I mean, are they trying to be the "Producers" and see if they can make the biggest flop of all time?
no, that would be glitter and the britteny spears movie, and oh yes, the real cancun..

ryan

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by ryhoyarbie
no, that would be glitter and the britteny spears movie, and oh yes, the real cancun..

ryan

:sleep: :boo: "We couldn't have said it better ourselves!!! DWOAH HO HO HO!!!!!"

tomahawk

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has seen this or mentioned it. The movie is still 2 years away, but.....................................................CHEWBACCA IS IN EPISODE 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes it is Peter Meyhew.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by tomahawk
I don't know if anyone has seen this or mentioned it. The movie is still 2 years away, but.....................................................CHEWBACCA IS IN EPISODE 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes it is Peter Meyhew.
yes i read that a week or so ago. he'll have a small part, chewie, that is, but nothing major..i think...

ryan

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by tomahawk
Excellent!:excited: Hopefully he will help shape it up!

Beauregard

Reaction score
WHAT? Two years away? I thought it was coming out next year? Wa sI wrong? Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

But Chewie is in it so that is great!!! (What about Han Solo?)

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard
WHAT? Two years away? I thought it was coming out next year? Wa sI wrong? Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

But Chewie is in it so that is great!!! (What about Han Solo?)
if han solo showed up. he would be a baby. so i don't think they'll bring in a baby version of han solo

ryan