New movies coming out...

Gonzo

Reaction score
Jennifer Love Hewitt = Overrated
Jennifer Lopez = Mall Chick

The next movies I plan on seeing (in this order) are:

A Mighty Wind -- if you haven't seen Christopher Guest's movies, you're missing out!

X2 -- because I like comic book movies that don't have Ben Affleck

MATRIX Reloaded -- uh...because I guess I have some kinda black leather fetish, and I'm violent. Well, who knew?

After that it's a toss-up. Are there any Muppet movies coming out?

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
A Mighty Wind -- if you haven't seen Christopher Guest's movies, you're missing out!
Oooh yes! I can't wait to see that one!!:excited:

wolfy

Reaction score
Her name is Anna Paquin. She's one of my favorite actresses
Thank you. She was in the movie "The Piano," wasn't she?

Ah, Christopher Guest...Who can forget the wonderful acting skills of the man who was the flower buyer in "Little Shop of Horrors," and of course, the great guitarist in "Spinal Tap?"

Now THAT'S acting!!
wolfy

(See, Jamie, I admire the man and don't want him to take off his clothes!)

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by wolfy
Thank you. She was in the movie "The Piano," wasn't she?
Yep, and did you see 25th Hour or Almost Famous? She was good in both of those too. (and Fly Away Home...that movie was so cute...with the geese and all:smile: )

wolfy

Reaction score
Yep, and did you see 25th Hour or Almost Famous? She was good in both of those too. (and Fly Away Home...that movie was so cute...with the geese and all)
Ummm...no...no...and ... uuuuuh... no.

Sorry. Don't see a lot of movies in theaters, and only got HBO and Showtime recently...

(I'm a baaaaaaaad mommy...I don't spend money on "fun" things like that...just things like food, doctors, a roof over our heads, you know...)
wolfy

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by wolfy
Ah, Christopher Guest...Who can forget the wonderful acting skills of the man who was the flower buyer in "Little Shop of Horrors,"
wondeful acting? i'd call it just acting. bill murray and steve martin stoled the whole show with their characters..they're the ones who had the "wonderful acting."

ryan

Drtooth

Reaction score

I want to see that sooooooo bad! Not just because of the satrrie, but I love how they make fun of yuckie old Folk music....

I HATE FOLK MUSIC!!!!!!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score

My family is addicted to the Christopher Guest documentory-style films. We can nearly recite every line of "Waiting for Guffman."

I think the most fun we have is seeing what parts the troupe played last film and matching them to their parts in the latest. Not to mention the casts are so incredibly funny. I mean, who can improv an entire movie like them?! NO ONE! And Parker Posey...*heads over to the "Whose Hot?" thread* :big_grin:

Yes, I recommend the 2 previous docu-films by Guest and the posse; "Waiting for Guffman," and "Best in Show." And I can garuntee you that the first day "A Mighty Wind" comes out in our town, we will be there!

"How hiiigh a ridge I could not teeell!" LOL! Eugene Levy cracks me up. :smile:

-Matt

wolfy

Reaction score
Originally written by ryan... Wondeful acting? i'd call it just acting. bill murray and steve martin stoled the whole show with their characters..they're the ones who had the "wonderful acting."
wolfy, whispering stage-like aside to others...

"I guess ryan didn't read the sarcasm in my remark about Guest's 'wonderful acting' in those movies...I mean, heck, they ARE supposed to be parodies and really funny, and they ARE..."
(wolfy)