New movies coming out...

electricmayhem

Reaction score
electricmayhem said:
Two Hogwarts professors......Alan Rickman and......?

Nevermind! Lol, I didn't realize Emma Thompson was going to be Prof. Trelawney. That's exciting! :excited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I am hearing pretty awful stuff about cat in the Hat...

You thought the Gigli reviews were bad... here's a taste of what one critic said:

"The first thought I had after gasping for breath at the end of this dissaster was that if this 6 foot red and white hat wearing cat were to make a deposit in the little box, it would be a prettier site than this piece of crap."

the review was abosulutely the nastiest thing I've ever heard. I've been hearing a lot of bad stuff about it, and every D*** one of them true!

Poor Dr. Seuss :eek:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Well, I know it's one of the last ones that they currently have in the development pipeline, but that doesn't mean they won't make more if they find one that's a hit. It always seems to me as though the animation format is too quickly praised or blamed by Disney these days...
I really hope this isn't the end of the line for traditional animation. Computer animation is great, but it's just not the same.
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I am hearing pretty awful stuff about cat in the Hat...

You thought the Gigli reviews were bad... here's a taste of what one critic said:

"The first thought I had after gasping for breath at the end of this dissaster was that if this 6 foot red and white hat wearing cat were to make a deposit in the little box, it would be a prettier site than this piece of crap."

the review was abosulutely the nastiest thing I've ever heard. I've been hearing a lot of bad stuff about it, and every D*** one of them true!

Poor Dr. Seuss :eek:
:frown: Well, Joel Siegel liked it, though he thought the extra characters didn't add much. I liked how he ended the review - something to the effect of:

"I said to Dylan [his son], 'The film didn't rhyme!
This is Dr. Seuss! That's some kind of crime!
What did you think?' Dylan said, with a look,
'Movies are never as good as the book.'" Awww...

More than anything, I just think the sets and props and everything look really cool and I want to see it mainly for that. Honestly, I was never a huge fan of "The Cat in the Hat" anyway. Nowhere near "The Grinch" and "The Lorax" in my book.
Erin

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Green Eggs and Ham are my favorite. But these are adults reviewing the film. What do the KIDS think about it??

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
electricmayhem said:
Nevermind! Lol, I didn't realize Emma Thompson was going to be Prof. Trelawney. That's exciting! :excited:
Yeah, I think that's really cool too. So, why was she married to SNAPE?!?

:big_grin:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
My major problem with The Cat in the Hat so far is that when I read the book, I imagined the Cat being much more sophisticated, laid back and mellow. He had a very subtle (yet out of control) craziness to him, sort of like Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka. But from anything I've seen, Mike Myers is playing him just out of control. And the funniest thing is, last night on Jay Leno, Mike Myers imitated his mother reading The Cat in the Hat, and it was exactly the way I had imagined the Cat in the first place!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I perfer the Cartoon cat in the hat, made by the Seuss himself!

Plus I absoluttely Love The Grinch Grinches the Cat in the Hat. If Universal DARE ruin this with a Mike Myers/ Jim Carrey version... I'll barf!!!!

He isn't as sophisticated as in the cartoon.. he was little like a sophisticated Con Man... He got the kids to do practiucally everything... The version seems like he's breaking into the house and pretending to be a bad Kid's show host...

Howeer, I will credit the film for it's merchandising... NONE of the stuff... actually only one thing... is based on the Mike myers look... SOOOOO it's all based on the proper book illustraitions... I think I may even get an action figure... they look pretty good!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Green Eggs and Ham are my favorite. But these are adults reviewing the film. What do the KIDS think about it??
Hehe, after the Joel's review Charlie Gibson was saying something about "Green Eggs and Ham" being Joel's favorite, and Joel said, "Oh, no, in our neighborhood it's 'Green Eggs and Lamb.'" :stick_out_tongue: Then he said he'd have to explain to his son now how it was really ham and not lamb! Anyway, you're right, this is a kids' movie so what they think about it is really the most important.
Erin