New movies coming out...

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Isn't he always?

I think Hugh is really funny. A great British Actor if ever there was. Though Hugh Lorrie is quite good too.

So, how was Colin Firth and, oh what's his name, (played Quigon Gin)'s performances? Good?
They were both very good. Liam Neeson in particular did a wonderful job with his part, but I always like him. He projects such geniality, whether as a Jedi master or as an alphabet partner for Ernie and Rubber Duckie...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
They were both very good. Liam Neeson in particular did a wonderful job with his part, but I always like him. He projects such geniality, whether as a Jedi master or as an alphabet partner for Ernie and Rubber Duckie...
LOL! Yeah, Liam Neeson is great. I found his performances in "Les Miserables" and "Schindler's List" particularly moving.
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I never got to see the "Les Miserables" film that he was in, but he gave a powerful performance indeed in "Schindler's List"--he always seems to come off as such a good person. I wonder if he's ever played against that...

Anyway, I liked that in "Love Actually" there were two Hogwarts professors and a Jedi Master. Sounds like the setup of a joke...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I never got to see the "Les Miserables" film that he was in, but he gave a powerful performance indeed in "Schindler's List"--he always seems to come off as such a good person. I wonder if he's ever played against that...

Anyway, I liked that in "Love Actually" there were two Hogwarts professors and a Jedi Master. Sounds like the setup of a joke...
LOL! Yeah, it does... :stick_out_tongue: I saw the "Les Mis" film for a high school history class, several years before the same high school did the musical and I went back and saw it. It actually made me cry. :eek: That almost never happens. Oddly enough, it took us several days to get through the movie - which she had rented and she ran out of time and wasn't going to let us see the end until we protested so loudly that she went out and rented it again (boy am I butchering this sentence) - but like the night after we finished it, my dad rented it, completely at random, never even heard of the movie before, and had no idea we were watching it in class!!! :eek: That was weird.

I LOVE that scene at the end of "Schindler's List," where he's talking about how many Jews he could have saved if he'd sold this or that, and he breaks down... That is such a moving scene. Very sad and inspirational at the same time. Really a great movie overall, even though it's very hard to watch a lot of it.
Erin

Beauregard

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Liam Neeson was on Sesame Street?

Drtooth

Reaction score
To recap the Liam Neason skit, Ernie has Liam recite the alphabet, and Rubber Duckie is the director. Liam desperately ties to say the letters but Ernie rewlpies with comments like "Rubber duckie wants to go in a different direction" and "Rubber Duckie says you're just not right for the part..."

The only letter he actually gets to say is of course a powerful... "Zeeeeeeeyyyyyaaaahhh!!!"(Z)

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I LOVE that scene at the end of "Schindler's List," where he's talking about how many Jews he could have saved if he'd sold this or that, and he breaks down... That is such a moving scene. Very sad and inspirational at the same time. Really a great movie overall, even though it's very hard to watch a lot of it.
Erin
Yeah, I only managed to watch it once during its original release. There are a number of movies like that where I am grateful to have seen them, and was very moved by them, but just can't or won't watch them again. But yeah, Liam Neeson has come a long way since the original "Darkman" movie (which I also liked).

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I just watched Joel Siegel's review of "Brother Bear," and he said it was one of Disney's last traditionally animated films. :frown:
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Well, I know it's one of the last ones that they currently have in the development pipeline, but that doesn't mean they won't make more if they find one that's a hit. It always seems to me as though the animation format is too quickly praised or blamed by Disney these days...

electricmayhem

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:

Two Hogwarts professors......Alan Rickman and......?

And to put my two cents in, I ABSOLUTELY LOVED Love Actually. :flirt: It was so good, everyone was excellent. I especially loved the Hugh Grant, Liam Neeson, and Colin Firth story lines. And Bill Nighy was really good too. And Emma Thompson....like I said, everybody. :smile: My only disappointment was that not all the storylines seemed wrapped up at the end as much as I would have liked them to be. Anyway, if you're a sentimental type person about Christmas and romantic comedy movies, be prepared to wipe away some tears! (Happy tears though, not sad ones:smile:)