New movies coming out...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
When I saw "The Sixth Sense" for the second time, I heard somebody behind me ruin the twist ending by figuring it out and announcing it about 30 seconds before it was obvious. I'd already seen it, but some of the people I was with had not. Fortunately, their hearing was not as finely-attuned to movie-talkers as mine...
My parents were amazed they saw it in February and the ending hadn't been wrecked for them. :stick_out_tongue: It certainly changed things if you knew the twist ahead of time!
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
My parents were amazed they saw it in February and the ending hadn't been wrecked for them. :stick_out_tongue: It certainly changed things if you knew the twist ahead of time!
Erin
We have a friend who (at the time) was always seeing movies by himself that he was supposed to save to see with his fiancée, who lived elsewhere. She got him back, though, because she got a friend to tell her about "The Sixth Sense" so that when they saw it on video together, she could pretend to have it all figured out the entire time. I guess it was worth wrecking the suspense and mystery for that... :big_grin:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
We have a friend who (at the time) was always seeing movies by himself that he was supposed to save to see with his fiancée, who lived elsewhere. She got him back, though, because she got a friend to tell her about "The Sixth Sense" so that when they saw it on video together, she could pretend to have it all figured out the entire time. I guess it was worth wrecking the suspense and mystery for that... :big_grin:
LOL! Nice strategy! :wink:
Erin

Beauregard

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Hey, if anyone's looking for a really nice movie, go see "Love Actually." We saw it the other night, and it was really good. If you like romantic comedies, this was a good one. Actually, some of it was more dramatic than comedic, but the whole thing was very enjoyable.
I am looking forward to watching that. Sounds good. So, does Floppy Head (Hugh Grant) have his floppy hairstyle or his new spiky hairstyle???

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I am looking forward to watching that. Sounds good. So, does Floppy Head (Hugh Grant) have his floppy hairstyle or his new spiky hairstyle???
You know, I didn't really notice. I think it was somewhere in between, but I'm not sure. I did notice him blinking a lot...

:stick_out_tongue:

Beauregard

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
You know, I didn't really notice. I think it was somewhere in between, but I'm not sure. I did notice him blinking a lot...

:stick_out_tongue:
Isn't he always?

I think Hugh is really funny. A great British Actor if ever there was. Though Hugh Lorrie is quite good too.

So, how was Colin Firth and, oh what's his name, (played Quigon Gin)'s performances? Good?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, Hugh Grant is hilarious. I love how he always comes across as such a bumbling buffoon. My favorite performance of his is "Sense and Sensibility." Man, what a sweetie!! :flirt:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I've never seen that one, except a brief clip my professor showed us in my Global Lit class after we read Salman Rushdie's "Midnight's Children." Awfully high-profile cameo for a man with a price on his head!
Erin