New movies coming out...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Not seeing it, not because of hearsay (I never listen to hearsay... I choose what I want to see) but rather I hate the preview.
Well, so did I. but I still saw it.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
They really should rerelease Trading Places to theaters... The only NON-Muppet film that has both Frank Oz and Richard Hunt!
:eek: Wow, I don't think I knew that they were in that! I probably didn't recognize them. Where were they in the movie?
Erin

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Frank (as always) played the prison guard that confronts Dan Akroyd's character. And Richard Hunt was near the end in the crowd at the stock market exchane. He ends up collapsing in the middle of it all.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
OK, cool. I'll hafta keep a special eye out for them next time I watch it. It's on TBS a lot.
Erin

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
OK, cool. I'll hafta keep a special eye out for them next time I watch it. It's on TBS a lot.
Erin
I've noticed that, too.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Soooo, anyone seen Elf? Is it any good? :halo:

Bea:zany:{still mooping about Runaway Jury not being in t' UK}regard

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Yeah, "Elf" was pretty good. I didn't think it was the best thing I ever saw, but I liked it quite a bit. I would have liked it better if the people behind me hadn't made inane comments through the whole thing. I didn't know whether to throw them a :attitude: kind of look or not. Anyway, the movie is both laugh-out-loud funny and sweet. Definitely a crowd-pleaser.

:smile:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Hey, if anyone's looking for a really nice movie, go see "Love Actually." We saw it the other night, and it was really good. If you like romantic comedies, this was a good one. Actually, some of it was more dramatic than comedic, but the whole thing was very enjoyable.

Jennifer12

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Hey, if anyone's looking for a really nice movie, go see "Love Actually." We saw it the other night, and it was really good. If you like romantic comedies, this was a good one. Actually, some of it was more dramatic than comedic, but the whole thing was very enjoyable.
AndyWan, once again, I agree with you. "Love Actually" was very enjoyable. How could they go wrong with such a fantastic cast?

Jennifer

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Jennifer12 said:
AndyWan, once again, I agree with you. "Love Actually" was very enjoyable. How could they go wrong with such a fantastic cast?

Jennifer
I was really surprised by the number of cameos that remained unpublicized. I don't want to give anything away for people who haven't seen it, but there were some interesting appearances in the film. I also thought that the writing was very good--there were a number of places where they could have taken the easy or predictable way out of a given situation, but they took a less-expected route. Plus, as you say Jennifer, the cast was marvellous and gave very good performances.

:smile: