New movies coming out...

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Hey, people may think I'm wierd (I love sesame street, scooby doo, peanuts, arthur, berenstain bears, etc); but frankly, I don't give a **** :rolleyes:

I actually look forward to watching Arthur everyday at 4:30 ... who the H#ll cares what anybody else thinks?

And the media is a bunch of crap. I mean, why not do a bunch of specials on Cher? I believe she holds the record for the most plastic surgeries.

Instead, they berade MJ; acting as if they know anything about the man.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Manda:-D said:
Saw the trailer...WOW. Looks like I have another movie to add to my list!
Is this Big Fish as in the Big Fish that was fed too much fish food and grew to large for his tank?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Runaway Jury was great! I didn't get bored, I didn't get in a hurry to leave, and I don't remember any parts where I felt the story was dragging out too far.

Mystic River? That's a 15 minute story dragged out into 2 loonnnggg hours of blah.

Beauregard

Reaction score
NNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

How can you just waltz in here and tell me that you have just seen Runaway Jury?

*bursts into tears*

I wanna' see it. Why isn't it coming to England till January?

*sob, sob*

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Most critics are calling it a paint-by-number suspense film not worthy of the actors, but I have yet to hear anything truly bad. I'm seeing it soon.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I can generally tell about a movie before I go see it. Mainly because if you watch the previews you've seen all the good meat of the film--and they practically tell you the whole story.*

I liked Runaway Jury, and while it's very formulaic--and you'll know the ending of the movie before it ever gets there--it's good!

*The new film with Nichole Kidman and Ewan McGregor has a preview at the theaters now. Some kind of American Revolution type film. Well, the whole thing shows her saying "please don't fight, run, come home to me..." then, three shots before the preview ends you hear Ewan's character say, "The only thing that kept me from dying was you..." DUH MOVIE MAKERS! You gave away the WHOLE MOVIE!! Now we KNOW he gets home by the end of the film.

And what's the deal with all the commercials that are appearing at the start of movies? I don't want to pay $9.00 to see the same crap I can see at home on tv, that's why I go to the movies--not the commercials.

Drtooth

Reaction score
trekkie1701E said:
And the media is a bunch of crap. I mean, why not do a bunch of specials on Cher? I believe she holds the record for the most plastic surgeries.

Instead, they berade MJ; acting as if they know anything about the man.
Personally, I like Mike... at least he's a nice guy, unlike Madonna who is a greedy self promoting ... well... best leave that unsaid..

Being a celebrity, of course he's going to be ridiculed. That's what people do. They take one fact or rumor about someone and then they make fun ogf it.

I just like to see ALL celebrities get the zing, as long as it's all in fun...

Mike seems top have a pretty good sense of Humor. In Men in Black, they wanted to use him in a line up of aliens (a clip of him), but Mike and his people rejected. Mike did agree to do a similar cameo in MIB II...

but if your popular, you're open to ridicule...

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
True; very true

I like some of Madonna's music and think she is one of the most talentef singers out there. I've never seen and/or heard her interviewed, though; so I can't commkent on her as a person.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I liked Runaway Jury, and while it's very formulaic--and you'll know the ending of the movie before it ever gets there...
That's a chame. In the book it wasn't until the end, the very end that you knew what was going to happen. And even who was the goodie...

So, was Easter well acted? And Marlie? I think Gene Hackman looked back with a beard, am I right?

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, I may/ Maynot see this next friday (Scarey Movie 3)... I personally love crap like this (I have actually gone insane tracking down Dracula Dead and Loving it, a film no one liked). I'm really weird. (Trekster... you think watching Arthur, Sesame Street and Scooby doo are weird, try doing that, watching Funky Cops, and having a large poster of Flintstones Viva Rock vegas in you're room... :crazy: )

I have nothing better to do Aon Halloween... I can't track down my copy of Young Frankenstine, or my Toonsylvania tape (yep... that's how weird I am) and I can't get to my Rocky Horror Picture Show tape either... I can try to get my NBX tape, but other than that, I'll be stuck at home that day...