New movies coming out...

Beauregard

Reaction score
So, what do people think of the new Live Action Peter Pan coming out in Dec.?

And the new Italian Job?

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
I actually quite liked the first movie. Of course, I generally don't hold out much hope for direct-to-video sequels...
BTB Enchanted Xmas and LKII is good, but dtv movies are generally bad. The Hercules one is also good, but that is more like episodes of the tv show.

As for texas chainsaw massacre, every critic I've read has given it a very mediocre review. So, I might just wait until it comes out on DVD.

Bridget Jones Diary II is another film I'm looking forward to with much much anticipation. I absolutely adored the original.

In the Cut looks very good as well. So does Matrix Revolutions.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed the first Matrix film, but found the sequel to be pointless and a bit boring even though they threw around a lot of special fx. The previews for Revolutions don't thrill me that much. They honestly look like more of the same. I kind of wish they hadn't continued after the first film. Kind of ruined it for me. I can see how the fan base would enjoy the films. Even though it made quite a lot of money, it couldn't break the 300M dollar mark it was expected to like Pirates and Nemo easily did. I'll still see Revolutions, but heck, I'll see a lot of films anyway.

I'm looking forward to Gothika (despite Robert Downey Jr.), Return of the King, Steve Martin's Cheaper by the Dozen and the new Looney Tunes film (I hope it's good).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well... I wasn't even thinking of seeing Scarey Movie 3, but I've seen promos, and there are NO WAYANS BROTHERS IN IT!!! ANd the best Part, Leslie Neilsen is in it...

As you can tell... I'm the guy who actually likes his films.

Still trying to find Dracula Dead and Loving it and Wrongfully accused... Don't know why...

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
SM III looks alright, but I'm not gonna see it. Not all the people associated w/the first two wanted a third one to be made (why the wayans bros aren't in this one); and that is enough of a reason for me to not waste my $9 on it. Plus, the michael jackson thing is dumb dumb dumb dumb. It was ten years ago; it's un-proven; forget about it already.

And I just read that there are talks to make a sequel to Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Go figure... :smirk:

NikZane

Reaction score
As with all Tim Burton films, I'm looking forward to Big Fish. It looks to be another beautifully imagined, fairytale*/love story, with a very decent cast.

For anyone interested, there's a nice hi-res quicktime trailer here.

frogboy4 said:
I enjoyed the first Matrix film, but found the sequel to be pointless ...etc.
I agree, the first movie was stunning, but the 2nd made little to no impression on me. I'll see the third, but only to complete the circle.

(*fairytale is not really the word I'm looking for btw... the film is a sort of parody on how tall-tales are a common theme with fathers referring to their past... "well, back when I was a boy I caught a fish that was t-h-i-s b-i-g" etc.)

Drtooth

Reaction score
trekkie1701E said:
SM III looks alright, but I'm not gonna see it. Not all the people associated w/the first two wanted a third one to be made (why the wayans bros aren't in this one); and that is enough of a reason for me to not waste my $9 on it. Plus, the michael jackson thing is dumb dumb dumb dumb. It was ten years ago; it's un-proven; forget about it already.
But that's why I want to see it. I heard the Zuckers (or at least one of them) are involved, and I do like all those kinds of stupid satirical movies, meself (you have to know me). And why lambaste it because you don't want to spend 9 bucks on it... that's what second run theaters and bargain matenies are for. 5 bucks isn't too bad, in my opinion. I've thrown 5 bucks away on less...

And Michael Jackson being 10 years ago... pfft... apparently, someone wasn't paying attention earlier this year when they had umpteen news speacials and shows about him. I'm glad Mikey bashing's back...I'm sick of him.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i was planning on seeing scary movie 3 this weekend or radio. i've seen the first 2 scary movies so why not see the third one. it's a no brainer. the waynes brothers will be missed though, especially marlon's character shorty. he had me cracking up laughing in the first movie, especially when the killer called his house while marlon was high and they started to the wassup stuff from the commericals.

ryan

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
I'm glad Mikey bashing's back...I'm sick of him.
Whatever. There is no proof; if you actually bothered to watch the take 2 special, you'd see how Bashir betrayed him. And if you saw the home movies show, you'd see how "normal" (whatever your perception of normal is) he is. The primetime plastic surgery thing was junk; why not do one of those about Cher? Sharon Osbourne? About half of Hollywood?:smile:
The baby "dangling" thing (he wasn't even dangling him) is old. What about Madonna letting her baby crawl on a hotel balcony? Eric Clapton allowing his son to play near an open window? A lot of parents do not-so-bright things; why should MJ be singled out?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
trekkie1701E said:
Whatever. There is no proof; if you actually bothered to watch the take 2 special, you'd see how Bashir betrayed him. And if you saw the home movies show, you'd see how "normal" (whatever your perception of normal is) he is. The primetime plastic surgery thing was junk; why not do one of those about Cher? Sharon Osbourne? About half of Hollywood?:smile:
The baby "dangling" thing (he wasn't even dangling him) is old. What about Madonna letting her baby crawl on a hotel balcony? Eric Clapton allowing his son to play near an open window? A lot of parents do not-so-bright things; why should MJ be singled out?
I feel bad for Michael Jackson. I truly do not think that man has a malicious bone in his body. Is he weird? Sure. But dangerous? I don't think so. He's a very compassionate, caring person who never had a childhood and wants to spend the rest of his life making up for it. And people just try to read the worst into everything he does. It doesn't seem fair to me. I wish folks would just leave him alone. :sympathy:
Erin