New movies coming out...

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
FREAKY FRIDAY looks horrible; it'll probably do pretty good for a couple weeks and then bomb. HM looks terrible as well; the sets and props look amazing, but I just know the writing'll be awful. The trailer clip with Eddie Murphy & Madame Leiota is veeeeeeeeeeeery un-settling.

JOHNNY ENGLISH looks wonderful; I cannot wait to see it. BLACK ADDER is dreadful (The dryest of the dry British humor ever; one has to be "very" easily amused to find it even remotely funny), but Atkinson is hilarious in MR. BEAN and RAT RACE.

Two movies that I am actually looking forward to with much anticipation is the upcoming SPONGEBOB film, as well as GARFIELD

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
My brother saw "Johnny English" yesterday and he thought it was great. My dad, on the other hand, hated it. I guess it depends on your sense of humor! I haven't seen many new movies, but I did see "Finding Nemo," and I thought it was great. I've liked all of Pixar's movies; they're geniuses!
Erin

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think many people are expecitnk Johnny English to be an Austin Powers rip-off, but Atkins' humor is much smarter. He's kind of like Woody Allen in the way that you either really like his stuff or you don't. (of course there's nothing similar about their style)

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
This is why execs think the public hates traditional animation. It's not that at all. We like a good story and this just seems like a sappy kid flick.
I wish they would lean towards movies like Emperor's New Groove....although, IIRC, their next movie (although I don't remember if it was pixar or not, the article I read was horribly written) said it's the same set of producers and the same director as ENG...YAY!

anyone going to see spy kids *gag*

I will probably see How To Deal as a mother daughter thing! It looks like an interesting movie, and maybe it will be decent

Natalie

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
I will probably see How To Deal as a mother daughter thing! It looks like an interesting movie, and maybe it will be decent
Just saw it two days ago with my sister. It was ok, nothing great. My sis (wockawocka on here for those of you who didn't know yet) is a Mandy Moore fan so if you are one, it was interesting to see her in a new role. Honestly, not much plot though. But, as a mother daughter thing, that might be fun.

Oh, and speaking of mother and daughter, Freaky Friday does look bad to me. Well, the preview is annoying anyway!

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Well, I just got back from JOHNNY ENGLISH. It is an alright film; very much a throw-away movie, but Rowan Atkinson is a very funny guy.

Both BROTHER BEAR and PETER PAN look awesome. BB looks to have some great animation and a wonderful story. PP looks a lot like HARRY POTTER -- ain't anything wron with that in my book :smile:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
hmm, it's odd that pixar isn't doing bloopers. most likey they would for the DVD maybe?

anyway about a 2 weeks ago I saw Leage of Extrodanary Gentelmen which was really cool! It was a movie a probaly would not have seen unless a couple of my friends asked me to go with them.

I might and hope to see Tomb Raider 2 tomarrow!!!!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
But what I can't stand are the TV commercials for "Freaky Friday." If I wanted to see a Disney remake of this movie, I'd watch that episode of Pepper Ann that resembles it. Actually, the movie resembles the Pepper Ann episode closer than the original movie.

LOL! Pepper Ann! that's a hoot!
anyways, isn't this Disney 4th Freaky Friday movie??!?!?!.....they need to stop...they really do....

Beauregard

Reaction score
I anyone interested in Ocean's Twelve coming out next year?

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I anyone interested in Ocean's Twelve coming out next year?
I liked Ocean's 11 so I'd be interested in 12. Do you know any more details about it?