New movies coming out...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Pirates will be out for a while. Other films won't. So I'm waiting for the crowds to die down. Want to see it, but it's not a top priority. Probably next week. :smile:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
I cannot WAIT to see Pirates!

I thought you already did...but apparently not... :smile: My mom wants to see it so I very willingly volunteered to go again with her. Johnny Depp rules.

Natalie

Reaction score
I wanted to see Pirates but all my friends and sister have seen it already so I'd have no one to go with...boo hoo :cry: But those of you who have seen it, is it really good and worth seeing?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Heck, half of the films I see these days are on my own. I work from home and live next door to an AMC multiplex so films are usually a reward for a hard morning's work. Sometimes it's best to see films that way although it's always more special to see stuff with friends. :smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
no, but I got a free ticket to the big theater in town so me and a friend (and probably my brother) are going to see it

I AM SO HAPPY! Nemo comes to the little theater in town this friday!

wow next door to a theater....I would get so fat off popcorn oil, they would have to cut me out of the chair

but I'll go with you Jamie...lemme get packed and start walking.

I'll be there in a few years

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm warning you about two horrid movies, and no one is listening!

I thought this was "New Movies coming out" not fl\ilms that have been out for months!

Saw Johnny English Yesterday! Me and my friend both agreed it was great! If you like Black Adder or Mr. Bean, you truely won't be dissappointed! Much better than Austin Powers!

But the prieviews were Ripe... yuck...

Good Boy: If this and Snow Dogs black lists Henson as "that firm that makes animatronic talking dogs for half a**ed movies" us muppet fans are in REALLL trouble.

Brother Bear: A hit or miss. I didn't like any of it (especially Phil Collins) except the two canadian Moose (moose is the plural of Moose).

Peter Pan: The effects and designs... too Harry Potter. And the worst part is that Smee and Hook look just like Bob Hoskins and Dustin Hoffman, respectively from Hook. Of course, not as good...

But what I can't stand are the TV commercials for "Freaky Friday." If I wanted to see a Disney remake of this movie, I'd watch that episode of Pepper Ann that resembles it. Actually, the movie resembles the Pepper Ann episode closer than the original movie.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
ngirl23 said:
I wanted to see Pirates but all my friends and sister have seen it already so I'd have no one to go with...boo hoo :cry: But those of you who have seen it, is it really good and worth seeing?
YES! :smile:

DrTooth said:
Brother Bear: A hit or miss. I didn't like any of it (especially Phil Collins) except the two canadian Moose (moose is the plural of Moose).

Peter Pan: The effects and designs... too Harry Potter. And the worst part is that Smee and Hook look just like Bob Hoskins and Dustin Hoffman, respectively from Hook. Of course, not as good...
What is this "Brother Bear" about? I haven't seen any previews. I loved Bob Hoskins and Dustin Hoffman in Hook, who's in this new one?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This Peter Pan film is all unknowns. The reason why the characters resemble the actors in Hook is simply because they are story accurate. I am excited about this film. Looks interesting. I didn't like Hook at all, but this one seems more like a good telling of the story than a director/actor ego fest. It's on my list of films to see. The preview is up at Yahoo movies.

Brother Bear, on the other hand, is a traditionally animated Disney film about a native American who transforms into a bear and befriends a cub. It looks kiddie snore fest to me. There are two moose characters played by Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas. They are the only real highlight of the clip. This is why execs think the public hates traditional animation. It's not that at all. We like a good story and this just seems like a sappy kid flick. Unfortunate. Who knows? It could be a hit, but I doubt it. :frown: