New movies coming out...

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Well,I'm looking forward to AVP,Alien vs. Predator. The idea has been curiously around to me,since the 2 creatures were produced. Imagine,one creature that has acid for blood,incredible adaption,steel puncturing teeth,with an intellect vs. something that also can adapt,has incredible weapons,can turn invisible,detect heat,etc... Should be interesting.:smirk:

Drum Eater

Reaction score
I don't plan on seeing AVP. It looks like 90% action, 10% story/characters if that. Not my type of show...

Beauregard

Reaction score
I was thinking 'Erin' was more of a Wednesday Disney film character...no?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Alrighty then people..here's my reviews of two movies I saw this weekend: The Village and the Manchurian Candidate.

The Village: Okay, this movie is not really what it seems in the trailers which seems to be a monster movie type thing. However, it's more about the people in the village and their lives, etc. and why they're there, etc. I'm not going to say anything more about this or the monsters, or the ending, etc. You'll have to see it for yourself. 2 to maybe 2 1/2 stars out of four. I may have to see the movie again since my experience of the movie changed after seeing it compared to what the trailer was showing.

Manchurian Candidate: Denzel Washington, Liev Schreiber, and Meryl Streep are in this movie together. The movie is long, and it does take it's time to tell you what it's trying to do, but be patient with the film. I kept on trying to figure out why was this going on and who was doing this. When they got to who was doing this and all, I was like "that figures" because it really wasn't surprising. I haven't seen the original but my dad said that this was as good as the original. Anyways, my final rating is 3 out of 4 stars. Interesting movie.

ryan

Drum Eater

Reaction score
Yeah, I read rumours about "The Village". The rumor was this, and it would explain everything, including the marketing (which was totally different from the actual film):
M. Night Shyamalan decided to reshoot the ending of "The Village" after his first one was leaked.
From here on out, it's just what I think:
Since he reshot the ending, he had to eliminate and change a lot of material that had already been shot. An example is the shutter blowing shut, the candle going out...pretty much all of the spooky stuff. Then in the new cut he totally changed the ending so he had to eliminate all of this. But they still marketed it as if it was the first cut. Anybody have any insight? This would explain why "The Village" wasn't what people were expecting it would be...

Beauregard

Reaction score
In teh words of JaJa Binks, "I think it's stinkin'with" that people should leak the endings and stuff, it really ruins others enjoyment of films. Garfunkle.

Also, I don't want to start a new thread about this questian, but figured you 'filmies' would have some answers for me. I have some friends that regulaly buy Pirate copies of movies, is there something I should do about this? Should I call FACT? I really don't want to, but if it would help bring down the maker of these pirate-copy DVDs, and help (even a little) the film industry, I will. What do we think?

Beauregard

Reaction score
It's a bit like Arrgapipicus, but less rude. ALso similar to Flipperfloppermost.