New movies coming out...

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
So is the score. The music is awesome. James Newton Howard is really great with suspensful films.

Especially during the opening credits; that's probably one of my favorite pieces.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
trekkie1701E said:
So is the score. The music is awesome. James Newton Howard is really great with suspensful films.

Especially during the opening credits; that's probably one of my favorite pieces.
The music was really awesome. It was kind of dark in a way, which helped to compliment the movie. I just dig the song that was played at the club towards the end of the movie. I'm even listening to it right now.

ryan

Drum Eater

Reaction score
We're talking about the music for The Village by James Newton Howard...not Collateral, correct? Well, anyway, the music for The Village is abosutley perfect for the film. The solo violinist, Hilary Hahn, is so gorgeous. It scores some of the very powerful moments of the film perfectly. I do like the opening credits music, and the closing credits music. I've got to get my hands on the soundtrack! It's the best movie music I've heard since LOTR!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Actually we were talking about James Newton Howard's score for Collateral. But no problem.

ryan

Drum Eater

Reaction score
What a coincidence! He did both! Haven't heard the music for Collateral, but The Village is very good. He's an awesome composer, that's certain!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Drum Eater said:
What a coincidence! He did both! Haven't heard the music for Collateral, but The Village is very good. He's an awesome composer, that's certain!
His score in WaterWorld was excellent.

Drum Eater

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
His score in WaterWorld was excellent.
Haven't heard that one...
Anybody agree that August-October is a depressing time for new movies? They mainly hold off with the good ones until Thanksgiving and Christmas from this point. What does the rest of the year look like for movies? I haven't seen a lot of previews that look phenomenal, it doesn't seem like.

McFraggle

Reaction score
Yeah, it is usually a dull time for new movies. Late October usually does have some movies trying to get the early rush on the Thanksgiving / Christmas season.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I haven't been to the movies in awhile(last watched The Village). Waiting to see AVP,Exorcist:The Beginning(just started the book),The Corpse Bride(Tim Burton's). That's all I can think of for now.:sleep:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I just heard about a movie called "The Final Cut" with Robin Williams that looks interesting. I have no idea when it's coming out though. :confused:
Erin