New movies coming out...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Also, I don't want to start a new thread about this questian, but figured you 'filmies' would have some answers for me. I have some friends that regulaly buy Pirate copies of movies, is there something I should do about this? Should I call FACT? I really don't want to, but if it would help bring down the maker of these pirate-copy DVDs, and help (even a little) the film industry, I will. What do we think?
It all depends on you. If you want to get them then get them. I actually prefer to see movies in the theater to get the full expierence, and if I liked what I saw in a movie, then i'll buy it on dvd.

I actually had someone last week ask if I wanted to get I-Robot or Spiderman 2 on dvd after I got my haircut. Of course I said no since i've seen both in the theater.

ryan

Beauregard

Reaction score
No, no I wasn't talking about me getting them. I wouldn't do that. What I meant was, is there something I should do/say to the people I know who are getting them all teh time...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Hmmm... Is that approved Gungan slang or are you improvising? :concern: :stick_out_tongue:
Erin
I was just gowing with teh flow, dude...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
No, no I wasn't talking about me getting them. I wouldn't do that. What I meant was, is there something I should do/say to the people I know who are getting them all teh time...
You could tell the police if you want. That's the only thing I know what to do.

Anyways, I just saw Collateral and man o man was it a great film. The movie is about Cruise as a hitman who had to complete his job of getting several people while Jamie Fox plays the cab driver who is in over his head and fears for his life. It was a very dark movie but it was well made, probably the best movie I've seen all year long. Cruise and Fox both did outstanding acting jobs in the movie.

4 out of 4 stars.

ryan

McFraggle

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
You could tell the police if you want. That's the only thing I know what to do.

Anyways, I just saw Collateral and man o man was it a great film. The movie is about Cruise as a hitman who had to complete his job of getting several people while Jamie Fox plays the cab driver who is in over his head and fears for his life. It was a very dark movie but it was well made, probably the best movie I've seen all year long. Cruise and Fox both did outstanding acting jobs in the movie.

4 out of 4 stars.

ryan
So Cruise is solid as the villain? How's the cinematography in the movie?

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Jusat Saw "The Village"

Alright, just saw "The Village" today. It's an ok film, not that good, IMO. M Night Shamalan is a very very good director, with this movie being no exception. There is a scene on the house porch w/the engaged couple having a converation ... the way it's shot -- with the two on either side of the screen and an eerie & perfectly situated mist in the background, and afterwards, a slow-moving shot to a lone rocking chair, is brilliant. In many ways, his direction is very reminiscent of Hitchcock.

However, much of the script is pretty bad. It doesn't get really good until the final 25 minutes or so.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
We just saw "The Village" too, and thought it was really interesting. I think that's a movie that will really benefit from a second viewing...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
So Cruise is solid as the villain? How's the cinematography in the movie?
The cinematography was great in the movie. The movie took place during the night, so that gave the atmosphere a dark, edgy kind of feel to it.

ryan