New movies coming out...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
electricmayhem said:
About a scuba diving school I heard! :smile: Man, I would give ANYTHING to be in that movie!!!:excited:
Yeah, that's what I heard! That's so cool! It's rather hard to believe that Billy is 8 years older than Dom. They seem like they'd be the same age. It certainly appears the two of them have formed a friendship of Merry and Pippin proportions. All four of the hobbits seem to be the same age, but Dom's five years older than Elijah, Sean five years older than Dom, and Billy three years older than Sean. Weird! Especially since Pippin is supposed to be the youngest, and I'd never doubt it for a minute based on Billy's performance. Anyway, I wonder when the film's coming out. Starring them too I presume? No way I'm missing that!

I don't think you can really be typecast as a hobbit anyway....there's not much call for other hobbit characters really... :wink:
LOL! That's true!
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Unless it calls for a short, drunk, large-footed creature.
Don't forget pot-head! (" ***sigh*** I'd give anything for a whiff of old toby..." :stick_out_tongue: )
Erin

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Yeah, that's what I heard! That's so cool! It's rather hard to believe that Billy is 8 years older than Dom. They seem like they'd be the same age. It certainly appears the two of them have formed a friendship of Merry and Pippin proportions. All four of the hobbits seem to be the same age, but Dom's five years older than Elijah, Sean five years older than Dom, and Billy three years older than Sean. Weird! Especially since Pippin is supposed to be the youngest, and I'd never doubt it for a minute based on Billy's performance. Anyway, I wonder when the film's coming out. Starring them too I presume? No way I'm missing that!
I read the best article about all four of them in Premire. It was just so happy about how good of friends they all were. And I know, it's really weird that Billy is so much older because it doesn't seem that way. Sean definitely seems the oldest of the 4 just with being married and having children.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
electricmayhem said:
I read the best article about all four of them in Premire. It was just so happy about how good of friends they all were. And I know, it's really weird that Billy is so much older because it doesn't seem that way. Sean definitely seems the oldest of the 4 just with being married and having children.
Yeah, he does. Which makes sense with his character, too, since he's the only one who's got a family at the end of the movie. Merry and Pip take a lot longer to settle down. And Sam is supposed to be the oldest anyway, I believe. He's supposed to be the most mature of the four, even if he is a bit simple-minded.
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Okay, I double-checked, and he's not as old as Frodo; I'm not sure where I got that idea. He's actually 12 years younger than Frodo. But he's two years older than Merry and ten years older than Pippin. So Frodo's supposed to be 22 years older than Pippin, but Elijah's 13 years younger than Billy! :eek: It seems the ages are somewhat altered in the films, though, and it certainly seems that 17 years could not have passed between the party and the beginning of the quest. According to the book, Pippin would have been 11 at Bilbo's party... :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Hm, I think Frodo is in his 50s, isn't he? Which is still young for hobbits :smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, he's 50 when he sets out on his quest but looks 33, which is more like 21 or so, because he's had the ring since he turned 33.
Erin

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
It seems the ages are somewhat altered in the films, though, and it certainly seems that 17 years could not have passed between the party and the beginning of the quest.
No...barely 7 hours!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, it definitely seems very sudden. Do they ever say Bilbo's age at the end? Because they said there were four years in the movie between the end of the quest and the Grey Havens. That's three years less, but still, it sure does seem like Gandalf came back very soon after he left - and just about gave Frodo a heart attack in the process!! :eek:
Erin