New movies coming out...

Beauregard

Reaction score
What does rated R mean?

In UK we have U PG 12 15 18, what is it in USA?

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
What does rated R mean?

In UK we have U PG 12 15 18, what is it in USA?
In the US, 'R' means "Restricted", which is essentially the same as your PG 18, and then there is NC-17, which means that no one under the age of 17 gets in, even with parental/adult guidance...

jediX

Reaction score
Isn't is 17+ to buy tickets for an 'R'? They never carded me, though. :wink:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
jediX said:
ya you have to be 17 or older to get into a rated r movie and you have to show your i.d. however, there are places where they don't look at your i.d.

on a related not, can you believe that i still get asked to show my i.d. if i go see a rated r movie! i'm 22!!!!!!

ryan

Super Scooter

Reaction score
jediX said:
Children are allowed to see R rated movies, so long as their with a parent or guardian.

Children under 17 are not allowed to view a film rated NC-17 no matter what... unless their parents rent it and sit their children down in their own home to watch it... which, in my opinion, would be soooo wrong.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I think the first R-rated movie that I went to see in the theater without parents was Terminator 2. I was about 14 or so, and nobody checked ID. I really felt like I was getting away with something.

This reminds me of a Simpsons episode (I can't remember which one) where a bunch of Bart's friends are in the back of a car driving by, and they say they're going to go sneak into an R-rated movie called "Barton Fink." They keep chanting "Bar-ton-Fink! Bar-ton-Fink!" as though this is going to be the biggest thing they've ever done.