New movies coming out...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
electricmayhem said:
I don't think you can really be typecast as a hobbit anyway....there's not much call for other hobbit characters really... :wink:
if shatner can get type cast because of him potraying james kirk on the original star trek and live in a car for several years without getting a role because people think he's a character in a sci-fi series, then elijah can get type cast for being frodo for 3 years....

besides, elijah even said he's picking interesting roles so he doesn't get typecast. as dumb as that statement sounds, it's true.

ryan

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I hear a role as the voice of a computer-animated penguin is in his near future!! :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Batman 5 has a new title called Batman: intimadation. the movie is going to have batman fighting the scarecrow and another villain. the director is trying to get viggo mortensen, from the lord of the rings triology, to come in and play a villain too.

ryan

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
It's funny, I never heard of Viggo before LOTR, and now I see his name everywhere, often for things he did *before* LOTR...
Erin

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
It's funny, I never heard of Viggo before LOTR, and now I see his name everywhere, often for things he did *before* LOTR...
Erin
he was in the movie gi jane and played demi moore's commanding officer in that movie...but that movie was made 8 years ago, well before viggo became popular from the lord of the rings movies.

ryan

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember when G.I. Jane came out but it never really appealed to me and I'd never seen it. Demi Moore was the only name that stuck out there for me. TBS played it the other night, though, and I thought it was a pretty good movie. Very different role for Viggo after watching him as Aragorn...
Erin

Beauregard

Reaction score
I can't wait for The Passion of Christ. Looks like you guys are going to get it WAAAAY before us Englies...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I have the stomach for "Passion". It looks very graphic... I hear the Pope liked it, though now the Vatican is saying the Pope never said one way or another what he thought of it.
Erin

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I can't wait for The Passion of Christ. Looks like you guys are going to get it WAAAAY before us Englies...
the passion of christ is a movie that does not appeal to me. maybe because of the subject matter. i'm sure it will be a fine film to see, but i'm not interested in watching it.

ryan

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I don't doubt it is a great movie, I just don't know if I want to see it...one one hand, I do, but on the other....I don't know it just seems odd

besides, the book is ALWAYS better than the movie