New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

richie crawf

Reaction score
tried pasting that address in and typing but no joy ill keep searchin in the meantime but could somone tell me what im doing wrong

Hwesta

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Hi folks!
I'm a newbie lured in by my memories and fondness of the Classic Muppets. My access to the internet is sporadic but I will check in and post as often as possible. I love good fan fiction and understand this is one of the places to look.
*please exercise imagination and pretend I am waving to everyone*
Hwesta

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
Hello!
I've finally made it to the forum! I've been visiting Muppet Central for quite a while now, first drawn to it after seeing the group that had all been brought together at MuppetFest, but have just now become a member. I had some email account problems initially, but have finally gotten set up.

I was a huge Sesame Street fan when I was young, I was fortunate enough to have HBO and be able to see Fraggle Rock, I was known to catch the Muppet Babies every now and then, and I had even seen all of the Muppet movies, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and Emmet Otter. But I didn't truly appreciate what I was seeing until I was in high school, when I saw the Muppet Show being replayed on Nickelodeon. I just loved the wordplay and general absurdity, and I've been hooked ever since. I started reading the books that were available and started gaining a respect for the puppeteers and for the techincal aspects of the productions. And as I found out more about Jim, his character and beliefs became for me just as much of a fascination as his creations. I have to say that one of my biggest disappointments is that my interest didn't emerge sooner, because by the time I developed a true appreciation for him, Jim Henson had already passed away.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I am here, and I'm happy to finally be joining all of you.

Murray

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Greeting!
I just signed up, and am thrilled to be here.
I miss the old dark and ominous Count von Count (as opposed to the now-on-zoloft Count), and am looking for anyone who has (or can make) a tape or DVD of clips of just the "classic Count" (like when he and Kermit meet at the three little pigs, or when he meets Cookie Monster, or freaks out the mailman delivering letters to his castle, etc. etc. etc.).
Great, thanks all!

KingFatJ

Reaction score
Hello. I used to watch the original Muppet Show and Sesame Street when I was a kid, and I really dug the Fraggles (they were new back when I was a kid...hard to believe they're now "classic"). Seen all of the movies, and really dig the new ground in special effects and soforth that JHC strives for. I still think Kermit the Frog on "Larry King Live" was Larry's best interview EVER. Jim Henson is one of the people I admire the most, he's my hero. Hope to chat w/some of ya and git ta know ya all better!!