New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Donna

Reaction score
New to this forum

Phillip Chapman said:
Are you new to Muppet Central? Then this is the discussion for you.

Please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about your Muppet experiences and interests. Did you get into the Muppets at an early age or just recently? What are some of your favorite Muppet memories, characters, movies, or shows?

Whatever your perspective on Henson's creations you are welcome here and we're looking forward to getting to know you!
I'm definitely new to Muppet central, and already, I'm addicted. I too like many of you, have been addicted to the muppets since an early age. I now have a 21 month old son, who I would love to introduce to some of the classic episodes that I find are missing from today's television programming. He does enjoy the newer episodes of sesame street, but I would love too see the ones that I still remember so vividly from my childhood!! I have read some postings in the forum asking why there are no dvds or videos chronicling some of the earliest seasons (possibly "best of") and such. I would love to have something like that for our family to enjoy. Classics like the pinball counting, the typewriter guy,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 - 12! Those were the greatest! Well, hopefully through this site, I will learn a little more about the availability of such products!:smile: :stick_out_tongue:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Glad to see you on here, Donna! Happy postings!

And might I say, you've come to unargueably the best source for Muppets and other Henson-related ventures! We have long-time devoted fans, inspirng authors, collectors, critics, people who work within the Henson company, and even a few of the core muppeters themselves!

You've found the right place, and I hope this will feel like home to you soon.

And with all the new members. You'll come to learn just what this means in due time, but....

Would you care for a muffin? *Hands Donna a introducrary basket of fresh baked muffins*

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
Welcome MM. BTW how did you get your name?
I'll assume you're asking me and not Mathemagician.

I wanted to incorporate the name of one of my favorite characters, and Cantus (of the Fraggle minstrels) quickly came to mind. But there were already a few Cantus screen names on the forum. (And I'm not worthy of the name anyway. :smile:) So I thought I'd pick one of the other minstrels, and I liked Murray the best. I like his look; I could picture him hanging out with the Electric Mayhem.

And as Murray was a follower of Cantus (performed by Jim Henson), I am happy to be a follower of Jim.

-Murray

BEAR

Reaction score
:zany: A big welcome to all the newest members. I hope you enjoy MC as much as I have in the last almost year.:smile:

intozlight

Reaction score
Hey All,

I am brand new to this forum. I live in CA and have been running a Teen Puppet ministry for the last year. I am an artist, sculptor, writer and am currently working to create a genuinely unique ministry with all original characters (although I have started with shelf-bought.)
I find myself scouring the net looking for techniques etc and have just recieved my first shipment of Antron Fleece (woo hoo!)
I have been to the Muppet forums on numerous occaisions and finally decided to join! You have been a wealth of information. Hopefully I will have something to contribute as well as I struggle through my own puppet journey.
I was know for years at church as "Kermie" and alot of folks didn't even know my real name (since I do the voice of Kermit so well.) And have been a fan of the muppets for years. I even thought of applying for the voice of Kermit when Jim passed away.
I look forward to meeting and interacting with you all.
If you are interested, you can see some of my puppets at ripplesministry.org Ripley is my own creation and the S.O.C.K. puppets my idea as well. I look forward to you critiques. I am working on six new ones currently.
Thanks for your time I know I'm long-winded lol

:smile:

*I do not see the glass as 1/2 full or 1/2 empty - I just thank God for the water*

lutek

Reaction score
Hi

I just found this site and I love it.

My earliest memories are of watching the Muppets, and I am now 30.

A few weeks ago I lost my copy of the Muppets celebrate Jim Henson....does anyone know where I can buy another copy ?

Are there any other Muppet fans in England ?

Finding this site has brought back many fond childhood memories.... a big thank you to whoever set it up.