Muppets' Wizard of Oz cast list

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Muppets Wizard of Oz Cast Questions

Quick questions. Based on the cast list for this telefilm...
Is the character listed as "Aretha" the same character from FR?
Who's the character named "Crasher"? What production, if not MWOO, does this character come from? If you could, please describe what this character looks
like.
Is the character listed as "Calico Jack" the same character as Calico Jerry from MTI just misnamed as such? Or is "Calico Jack" a completely different character
than Calico Jerry? If so, please describe what this character looks like.
Thanks for your help, hope to hear from someone soon, and have a good day.

WiGgY

Reaction score
We haven't been shown any pictures as far as I know. All we have are the names just like you.

McFraggle

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Elmo would control 92 percent of the street by now and Bert, Ernie, Grover, Oscar, and even Cookie monster would be slaves in Elmo's crayon mine.
Now that's an interesting visual picture. :big_grin:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Just be glad Big Bird is smart enough to carry peace offerings with him when he goes into a kitchen during the holidays. Do you think it was an accident? Big Bird took the bird seed in their knowing there was an Elmo operative waiting to kill him. Elmo smuggled the Chef into this country during the 70's. He arranged for the Chef to get a work visa by working on the Muppet Show. He knew that the only way to get rid of a 7 foot tall bird without any evidence is to eat him. So, knowing that the Chef would become part of the muppet family, set his plan into motion. It was Elmo that said the gang on Sesame Street should visit Emily BEar knowing Fozzie and his friends would bet here. Why else would an entire neighborhood end up at a strange bear's house without being invited? Elmo forged the invitations with his magic Elmo's World crayons. He secretly developed these crayons during the 80's for their eventual use in the 90's when his secret magic crayon head quarters were shown to the public. It's a conspiricy that goes back many decades. If you look closely you can see red fur poking out from under Ed Sullivins jacket. Good ol' Ed was actually Elmo is disguise! Elmo gave Jim Henson and the muppets national exposure knowing that one day a children's TV show would be created and Elmo knew he could take over it.

COntrol the children of the present and you control the future! Soon the children that grew up with Elmo will be of voting age and Elmo will be the first muppet president! Elmo will then set his plans for world domination in motion. He's take over the UN and use it's forces to invade the countries that do not support him. SOon he'll control the world. Then he'll use the sapce program (that Slimey infiltrated during he 90's) to invade other worlds. Eventually Elmo the Red Menace with control the galaxy and then the universe!

But fear not. The Bird is destined to take back the street. And this is why it was so important for Big Bird to give the Chef that present. What you thought was simply a tear jerking moment was actually a pivital turning point in the red rebellion. The Bird caught wind of the furry one's plans. A little bird told him. So in 86's he foiled the assasination plot.

Wow, I am so tired.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
How can they not have a part for the Chef? He always has a part. All they need to do is cut to a scene 5 second clip of him in the Emerald city kitchen or something. He's not that hard to fit into a movie. Rowlf should definatly have a part and I'm sick of him not having one. He has a performer, use him! He should be Toto.
Those are good observations. After all, they were so desperate to get the Chef in "Muppet Treasure Island" that they made him one of the pig people:

Tomato: Well, how else were we going to get him in this movie?

The role of Toto was already taken by Pepe, but it would be nice to see Rowlf somewhere maybe as the mayor of Munchkinland or something like that.

PHDSwing

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
The role of Toto was already taken by Pepe, but it would be nice to see Rowlf somewhere maybe as the mayor of Munchkinland or something like that.

Actually, the "mayor" or head of the Munchkins is Rizzo, with the rest of the Munchkins being played by various of the other rats.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello PHDSwing, and welcome to the Muppet Central forums. Uh, just how do you know that Rizzo will be playing the role of "Mayor of Munchkinland"? And if you have knowledge about this new Muppets production that we don't, please swing by the "Muppet Wizard of Oz Cast Questions" thread. There are some questions there that maybe you could help answer. Anyway, hope you have a good time and enjoy your stay here at MC.

PHDSwing

Reaction score
Thanks Count! I have been a silent observer for quite some time.

yes, I do have info about the latest production...but Im hesitant to share...(a tease I know)...the reason being that I want people to be suprised when they finally see it aired. I might throw in a few tid bits from time to time, like previously, but I dont want to give away too much :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Cool. Can understand that and hope you do enjoy yourself here PHDSwing. The only questions I have are regarding the following characters.
Aretha, is this the same character from Fraggle Rock?
Calico Jack, is this the same character as Calico Jerry from Muppet Treasure Island?
Very Old Tom, is this the same character as Really Old Tom from Muppet Treasure Island?
Crasher, who is this and is this a new character from Muppets Wizard of Oz?
Reason I ask is, and I'm not sure if you've seen some of the past versions, I'm responsible for constantly updating and posting a master listing of Muppet characters from virtually almost every last Henson production and I'd like it to be accurate/correct as possible for my expectations regarding this movie; and if I can trust the movie listing of the cast when I research it after watching the movie. Seriously, those are the only questions I have, not trying to pry any further info than that.
If you can answer that's cool, but I understand you keeping your secrets for now.
Anyway, have a great weekend.

PHDSwing

Reaction score
The only ones I can confirm are Old and Very Old Tom...yes they are the same from MTI and they are members of a "Gang".