Muppet Listings 15.0

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys... Doing a bit of rechecking, and came across a few names I don't recognize.

There's Bruce, Henry, and José all from SS. Know they're Muppet characters cause there's no comma and space after the production designation initials/acronym.
If you can help me identifying these characters and/or where specifically they're from I'd appreciate it.

BTW: MuppetDude, hate to have to say this... But based on the audio of the copy of Episode 1316 I got, it sounds a lot like "Osvaldo" and not "Oswaldo" the Grouch.
Have a few other questions bout additions, but I'll get to those after finishing the recheck.

Hope to hear from you soon and have a good night.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
There's Bruce, Henry, and José all from SS.

To my best recollection...

BRUCE--a grayish-blue monster with a pink nose, angry pink eyelids, and thin black eyebrows.

HENRY--a green monster with bushy black eyebrows and pink nose.

JOSé--Charmin's toreador boyfriend.

Based on the audio of the copy of Episode 1316 I got, it sounds a lot like "Osvaldo" and not "Oswaldo" the Grouch.

All of the SS books and album with him in it (I can give you a reference list) list him as "Oswaldo", not "Osvaldo".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks pal... Will leave it as Oswaldo then since I've come to trust you on this stuff.
The question then becomes... Where/which sketches do Bruce, Henry, and José (Charmin's toreador boyfriend) come from?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The question then becomes... Where/which sketches do Bruce, Henry, and José (Charmin's toreador boyfriend) come from?

Though I don't have the clip (yet!), Bruce and Henry (two of the anonymous monsters, like Maurice, from the 1970s/1980s) got their names in a sketch where Grover taught first and last.

José was from "Pretty Great Performances" production of "Charmin'".

P.S.: Another monster--the tall grey one with a green nose--may have been known as Gertrude, but the only time I've seen the name used was on an old View-Master tape about monster subtraction. I can't confirm this, but hopefully someone out there has this cartridge and confirm it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Are we talking about the tall gray monster voiced by Richard Hunt in the musical number with Elmo and two others about monsters of different sizes?
Will take a break now... Will get back to rechecking the list later, might be something else to post here then.
And then I'll go through the Classic SS questions to see what if anything's left there.
Thanks and have a good day.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Characters from Sesame Street 4-D Movie Magic:
*Chicken
*Firehose(CGI)
*The dogfish(CGI)
*Purple octopus(CGI)
*Singing socks
*Female AM Muppet(interviews all the SS Muppets at the end)

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hmmm... Are we talking about the tall gray monster voiced by Richard Hunt in the musical number with Elmo and two others about monsters of different sizes?
Yeah, that's the one, but I think they gave the monster a wig for the 3-D reels. But this info is just a guess; I recall the name somewhere, but a third person who has the discs (or have seen them lately) needs to confirm this.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK then... Will hold off on adding that guy for now.
Well, Version 15.5 is done. Finished checking all the stats and it's perfected. Or at least it was before making a few additions, taking us up to 3636 entries.
MuppetDude, posted some stuff in the Classic SS questions thread. Have some stuff to post here too, but will wait till finalizing one batch of questions first. Don't wanna tire you guys out.
Hope to hear from you and have a good day.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, here are some questions I got while going through the list's most recent revisions.

The Muppaphone Jury, these were the Muppaphones in the Brooke Shields TMS episode.
Should they be added as a single group entry?
The Hugga-Wugga Creatures.
Should "The Hugga-Wugga Creatures" be separated into individual entries?
If so, then how should each be labeled/classified?
Vincent Sardi.
Should he stay as part of the list?
Makes sense to me that if we have the Sardi Restaurant's Maitre D' and nine patrons, that if the man who owns the restaurant itself made a cameo, he should be included because the maitre d' and patrons have already been added to the list. Then again... Open to feedback.
The Teppums.
Should Noel, Oznog, Tigid, and Timrek the Gorf be reclassified under this heading?
Or should they be left as individual entries on their own?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The Muppaphone Jury, these were the Muppaphones in the Brooke Shields TMS episode.

There were no Muppaphones; they were a bunch of spare puppets and "Wonderland" puppets (March Hare, Dutchess, etc.)

The Hugga-Wugga Creatures.
Should "The Hugga-Wugga Creatures" be separated into individual entries?
If so, then how should each be labeled/classified?

How about:

Hugga Wugga Aliens: "You Are My Sunshine" Alien
Hugga Wugga Aliens: Hugga Wugga
Hugga Wugga Aliens: Green Alien

Vincent Sardi
Sounds more like a celebrity to me (as well as Ed I. Koch).

The Teppums.
Should Noel, Oznog, Tigid, and Timrek the Gorf be reclassified under this heading?

Yes.