Muppet Fanfic: Something worth waiting for

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey... Just nagging to get some more of this wonderful story... That, and to bring it back up to the top of the fanfic library.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Here I am... Nagging you... Right where this story belongs.
But is sokay, you've got other irons in the fire so to speak. So we won't speak of them.
Post when you can Layla, hate to see a good story go without updating for too long.

Leyla

Reaction score
Thanks for the nagging there, Ed!

The other irons in the fire are... warming nicely.

And I've got a short update for you... short... cause I desperately need to sleep... the rest of this scene will be out shortly... special thanks to Lisa and Prawnie for making me sufficiently sleep deprived to overcome my writer's block... also, the death threats were very helpful. <<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>

-----------------------------------------------------------------

By the time the mob started pouring in through the door, Piggy was perched in a living room chair, her hair styled and pinned up with a elaborate silver clip, looking like the very picture of composure.

This did not last very long.

In seconds she was surrounded by happily babbling Muppets telling her all about the show, and then belatedly asking after her health when a look at her menacing scowl filled them with concern for someone's well being... more their own than hers, but, well... you take what you can get.

“Moi is fine,” she said stiffly. “Now if vous could all just quit breathing on me!” The threat implicit in her words had the desired effect, and the majority of the crowd backed off to give her a little space. Piggy visibly relaxed and so too did those who had been inadvertently shoved within arms reach.

Soft, concerned clucking reached out to her, and Miss Piggy looked down to see Camilla peering up at her.

“Oh.. um…” Piggy looked at the hen helplessly. She’d never really picked up the knack for understanding the chicken’s speech, though, like many of her assorted colleagues, she could generally get the gist on the occasional occasions when she cared enough to listen. For some reason... though she didn't particularly care to care about anyone just now... she wanted to understand Camilla's words.

“Sorry, but I don’t-“ she looked around the room. “Is Gonzo around?”

There was more clucking, and this time Piggy detected the subtle signs of anxiety in Camilla’s throaty language. That, and she was fluttering her wings so violently that little white tufts were flying through the air around them.

"He hasn't gotten back from the show yet," Rizzo replied, already digging into a massive peanut butter sandwich with great relish.

“Look, I don’t know what you’re saying!" She glanced around the rapidly emptying room. "Can anyone translate for her?”

Dr. Honeydew stepped up, his expression glowing with that childlike delight that kept Beaker awake through many a terrifying night. “Perhaps I can be of service!” he chirped merrily.

Piggy looked at him in surprise. “You can understand her?” She tilted her head thoughtfully. “Do you… did you get that from talking to that Beaker person or…?”

Bunsen shook his head, laughing, in a vaguely sinister way, as he thought about his erstwhile assistant. "No, no... I can't understand her at all. What a silly idea."

Camilla looked rather put out.

"No... I can't translate for her myself... but I DO have this handy invention that has helped me develop a deep understanding of dear Beakie over the years... oh dear... now where has he run off to?"

Bunsen peered around in puzzlement, and both Piggy and Camilla rolled their eyes in exasperation.

"I'll just go and find him... in the meantime, I'll just give this to you, and you can give it a try!"

Bunsen pushed a rather alarming looking microphone at Piggy who pulled back quickly rather than accept the thing. Dr. Honeydew was nothing if not persistant however, and firmly pressed the thing into Piggy's lap, heedless of her protests. Beaker's protests, after all, had never made much of an impression on the obsessive scientist, and Miss Piggy lacked his expertise. She didn't protest after all... she campaigned... in the warring sense of the word.

Bunsen hurried off, leaving Piggy and Camilla to stare doubtfully at the microphone. For a moment, neither of them were much inclined to so much as breathe.

Seconds ticked by, and both women continued to exist as normal... well, as normally as an anthropomorphic pig and chicken can exist, settled in a living room filled with myriad madness.

Finally, Piggy's natural boldness of spirit overwhelmed her better judgement and survival instinct. "It... looks harmless enough. Would you like to give it a shot?"

Camilla gave her the chicken equivalent of a scruncy face. She either lacked some of Piggy's boldness or possessed a bigger slice of good judgement.

"Yeah... moi cannot say I blame you." Piggy sighed. "But what's gotten you in such a tizzy anyway? Moi always thought you were a sensible woman, like myself... except for that whole... Gonzo... trainwreck."

Camilla's offended clucks needed no translation, which is just as well, since they had nothing to translate with... at least nothing that didn't carry with it enormous and incalcuable risk.

Again, Camilla's distress was evident, despite her being piqued, and Piggy felt an unwelcome pang of sympathy and concern. "What is the matter, Camilla?" she demanded helplessly.

Camilla looked back at Piggy mournfully and sighed. The hen startled her by abruptly resting her feathery head on her lap...and then cautiously poked Dr. Honeydew's device.

It did not explode.

Piggy sighed in relief, and Camilla, apparently taking that for a good sign peered up into her face expectantly. "Vous want to give it a try then?"

Camilla nodded firmly. Piggy looked at her for a moment then shrugged. "Your funeral... or whatever it is they do for chickens."

Camilla shocked Piggy once again by giving her a solid peck in the leg.

Miss Piggy considered giving her a brief and violent flying lesson, but, fortunately for Camilla, she was distracted by the sudden activation of Bunsen's vile little mechanical nightmare.

"WARNING!" spoke a harsh and soulless voice. "THIS DEVICE HAS BEEN DESIGNED TO EXPLODE IF TAMPERED WITH BY UNAUTHORIZED PERSONEL."

They sucked in anxious breath... but nothing happened... at least... nothing explosive.

With an uneasy little giggle, Piggy slid her gloved hand under the device and picked it up. There was only one button...and it was marked "on". Piggy felt this was not at all a good sign... but she was out of patience. Holding it as far away from them as possible, Piggy pushed the button, flinching slightly as she did so.

A warm female voice bearing more than a passing resemblance to Hilda's spoke. "Translation device is not in service. Please report malfunction to Dr. Honeydew... that totally hip young scientist that all the girls love."

They... hadn't expected that.

Piggy and Camilla exchanged a look that said more than translated words ever could. Apparently Bunsen was nursing… or… doctoring… or um, ...perhaps scientisting a little crush.

"Um..." Piggy said, staring at it in some alarm and continuing to hold it away from them in case it should suddenly decide to change its mind about not exloding.

Camilla moaned softly in frustration and Piggy frowned. With what little part of her better judgement that wasn't completely wrapped up in her love for Kermit, she resisted the urge to throw the device at the nearest annoying person and instead set it down gently. "So much for that." The little chicken looked so forlorn that Piggy gave her an awkwardly sympathetic pat on the shoulder. "Moi am sorry, Camilla dear, but there's nothing else that moi can do. We'll just have to wait for Gonzo before we chat."

Piggy shrugged at the frustrated noise Camilla made in response. "Well, is there anyone else who understands you?"

Camilla straigtened abruptly and bolted into the kitchen with great excitement... when she returned moments later, she was dragging someone behind her.

"Oh, brother," Piggy sighed.

"Zee cheeckee seys zeere is a prublem?"

She buried her face into her elegant silk gloves.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ha! This scene has great potential... Will come back and review properly... Thanks for the update Layla, it was truly great.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<Giggles> Chef! Ha! Oh how lovely! AT least he uses words... <giggles>

I love the entire chapter, Layla, you've heard me rave about a good portion of it and I should really be sleeping now but... well, I love it! Ever so much, and I'll try to tell you all about how I love it some time tomorrow.

As for the sleep deprivation and writer's-block-overcoming, you're more than welcome. I'm sure I speak for both halves of me when I say it was our pleasure.

And the death threats, well, that was really your own doing... But you're welcome anyway!

Java

Reaction score
The Sweedish Chef translating... This is going to be interesting.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
HA!!!!!!!!! Layla I did NOT see that coming!! I LOVE it!! Chef being able to understand Camilla even though he wants to boil her, mash her, and stick her in a stew. I LOVE it!!

Oh, and of course I don't have a crush on Hilda...Wait...You were talking about Bunsen...Um...Yeah...*shifty eyes*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Riiiiiiight Ryan... It must've someone else who lives with Gonzo that returned Layla's cello and a bouquet of flowers with a Secret Admirer card to her dorm room.

And don't try pinning it on me bucco, that ain't gonna work.
*Smirk.

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
This is a really good story! One of the best I've seen. ^_^ I especially like this part: XD

"Translation device is not in service. Please report malfunction to Dr. Honeydew... that totally hip young scientist that all the girls love."

XD

Beauregard

Reaction score
*giggles*

*chuckles*

*clucks*

That's all I have to say about that, except for anything else I might say about it.

Bea:zany:{Can someone hand me the translator?}regard