Muppet Fanfic: Something worth waiting for

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<Drops teddies and cries>

...<Wipes tears>... Piggy... Piggy, what are you DOING??? Oy, no! No, it's not better! No! Piggy! <Sigh.>

I love how she likes having total control of her hair, and how brushing her hair is so soothing... Some excellent diction there, as always. And I love her little conversation with herself, too. And the description of Kermit's voice... <Sigh>... So lovely...

I particularly love the line, "He was her friend, after all… right?"

Of course, Piggy, of course he is...

green stuff

Reaction score
Wow Leyla! Wow..*wipes tear from eye* I have to say to you, this chapter just makes Piggy seem so..so real. Whenever I read something about a character, and the issue that they're dealing with is relatable, it just makes them seem that more lifelike and real. I'm seriosuly having to fight back tears here, because in this segment, Piggy's thought process hits really close to home for me. The part where you say that she wants to be angry with Kermit but can't be because she cares too much and just wants to be with him, specifically. I've been feeling really down lately because my long-time sweetheart transferred to a college in Arizona, and the way that I'm coping with it is exactly what you've said in this part of the story. And for that, I have to say what you've done here is absolutely perfect. *sniffs* anyone have a tissue? Can't wait to read more, Leyla!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Course we do... Tissues are right next to the teddy bin.
Um Lisa, hope you didn't mind if we went handing out teddies in your absence. Me thinks the list of who has which one is early in the first page of Old Friends.

Very good chapter Leyla. Piggy's the center star of this segment... But it's good how you humanized her plight and worries and fears... To the point where she broke down thinking that it'd be better to let her frog go.
Also liked how you described the process of her cutting away the bandage and dealing with her unruly hair.

But perhaps the best part of all was her conversation with her own reflection.
This line was the one I liked the most: "No, here I'm going positively stark raving sane."
Sounds like a line I can toss Lisa's way. Good stuff, post more when ready.
That goes for all you authors out there. *Pokes nagging stick at monitor to prod authors along.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
The Count said:
Um Lisa, hope you didn't mind if we went handing out teddies in your absence. Me thinks the list of who has which one is early in the first page of Old Friends.
<Giggles> I know, and I don't mind at all. Teddies are meant for hugging! Not for sitting around collecting dust while their owner leaves the country...

And I second the prodding. MORE PLEASE! ...Wait a second... the universal prodding includes me, too... Hm. Do you think it would be appropriate for me to throw penguins at my own story?

Sorry, muffining. MORE PLEASE!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Only if said penguin-throwing results in more of that story getting posted.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*scrapes stubbern tears away from eyes*

Darn it, Layla, you did it again and had me both crying and caring for Piggy...soooo much that it fair broke my heart...now all she needs is for a little Kermie to step out the mirror and take her hand...but he's in France...(You know they eat Frog's legs there, right?)...and can't come to save her from herself...

Java

Reaction score
Oh, wow. Those last two chapters were absolutely beautiful. Sorry I missed them when they were posted.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Leyyyyyyyyyyyyyla!!! That was so...And...Wow Leyla...Wow...PIGGY!!! Ugh, what are you doing girly?? Get back to yourself!! MORE PLEASE!!