Muppet Fan-Fic: Don't Trip the Driver

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Brilliant as usual. Love that Robin has some smarts about him, despite his present traveling company. Funny dialogue there on the bus.
Beau: Why would we want to kill each other there?

And I absolutely love how the Boss and Death arrived to introduce themselves at the theater. Yeah, Goldberg stole her looks from the Boss. The bit at the end is amusing, I just have this image of Death with his bony palm on Benny's forehead as the latter futily swings away with the scythe, much like LoneStar and Lord Helmet from Spaceballs in a similar fight scene.

Keep it coming Prawn... Almost over, and we need more story fantasticabulousness! Soon! Please!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
WHEEEEEEEEEEE HA HA HA!

Okay so first of all I LOVE The Boss, have I mentioned that? "Goldberg stole my look," "I blame global warming..." IT'S SO AWESOME! "Did I forget to mention that part?"

And the FIGHT! I LOVE how shocked UD was when Death asked if they were okay, and oh my gosh there is SO much to rave about and WHEE!

And the bus oh the bus oh the bus! The Welcome to California sign and Gonzo's key and where he keeps it and Pepe's questions and WHEEEEE!

MORE PLEASE!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm baaack! I'm caaaught up! I am LOVING this story! Please, more more!!!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
He he, this chapter made me giggle, all the fun Muppety comments as they're getting close to home. Especially Gonzo not leaving the key in his other underwear. And the comments about the Chef cooking for them at the boarding house but also at the theatre. Too funny!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Dido to what Lisa and Beau have said! Poor Miss Piggy, thinking she would be the one to save the day, only to be passed up for Gonzo!

More please!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 36

Silence lingered as Death held Benny’s face with his palm. Benny breathed through the bony fingers, slowly, and carefully, eyes wider than saucers.

"GIVE ME MY SCYTHE," Death said, annunciating every syllable, making his point heard.

Benny Vandergast’s palm tightened around the wooden handle of the scythe. "Give me my life back."

"YOU HAVE NO LIFE. YOU SHOULD BE DEAD." Death held his grip on Benny’s bony face.

"Touche Death," Benny whispered. "But that’s what I want. My life. You want your scythe, I want my life. Eye for an eye."

"I HAVE NO EYES." Death bore through Benny’s head with his lack-of-eyes.
"Do you accept my trade?" Benny asked harshly.

"YOU ARE IN NO POSITION TO BARTER WITH ME."

"That," Benny swiped at Death’s feet with the scythe, knocking him to the ground. "Is what you think!" Death hit the stage floor hard and Benny repositioned himself on top of him. Benny put his nose right up to Death’s hood. "Who’s making the demands now?"

Before Death could answer, Benny was tackled off of him by Uncle Deadly. The two wrestled on the stage, their hands met, lightning surged from Uncle Deadly’s palms, and the scythe skidded off along the stage. "Go Death!" Uncle Deadly shouted as Benny squeezed his grip on Deadly’s hands. "Don’t worry about-"

Benny kicked Deadly right in his chest, sending him shirking to the floor in pain. "No!" Benny lashed out. He made a dive for the scythe, grabbing it and cradling it against his chest. "It is mine!" he hissed.

Death stood up from the ground, staring at the man holding his scythe. "NO," he said blankly. "NO IT IS NOT."

Benny’s eyes changed to a cloudy gray color, then went to white. Pure white. "It’s mine!" he shouted, his voice going into a high, uncontrolled pitch. "It’s mine!"

"VANDERGAST, LISTEN TO ME, YOU CAN’T CONTROL IT." Death stepped forward.

"I can!" Benny sneered. "It’s mine! You can’t take it! I won’t let you!"

"Boy’s lost it," Clifford whispered.

Skeeter wrapped her arms around Clifford’s arm. Scooter looked back at his uncle, still unconscious in the theater seats (Hopefully unconscious anyway). Daniel watched in a mix of awe and horror. "I promise Daniel," Scooter said. "Our normal shows around here aren’t anything like this."

Daniel gulped. "That’s... that’s very good to know."

"BOSS..." Death sighed. "PLEASE..."

The Boss peered over an issue of "Slanderous Junk Weekly" at Death. "Sorry, can’t help you." She crossed her legs and smirked. "But don’t forget, that ones powers aren’t always connected to material possessions." She winked.

Death’s head shot up in realization. "OF COURSE," he murmured. "ALRIGHT VANDERGAST, LET’S GO, FIGHT ME."

Benny cackled. "Fight you?! Fight you?! What do you think I’ve been doing ever since I was born?! That’s what everyone does! They fight off Death! Most people just don’t get to do it face to face!" Benny jumped up from his crumpled position on the floor and fired a blast of heat at Death.

Death extended both his bony arms and caught the flames between his palms, taking in the energy.

Benny landed on all fours, the scythe still clenched between his fists. He charged at Death, as he neared, he swung downwards, as Death jumped over Benny, landing behind him, Benny connected scythe with stage. Benny tried to free the blade from the wood, but it wouldn’t budge.

"MY TURN!" Death declared, shooting his arms in the air, preparing to strike.

"UNCLE DEEEEEEEEEADLY!" Sal’s voice rang through the theater. "We brought ya some canolis!" The monkey trotted into the seating area, catching the eyes of every person and Muppet in the theater. "Oh... is this a bad time?"

"Why would this be a bad time?" Kermit asked, pushing his way into the theater. "We should be the only ones-" Kermit doubled back in horror. "Hubba hubba wha’?!" His Saturn-shaped eyes drew in all the goings on inside the Muppet Theater.

"PAR-TY! PAR-TY!"

"Geez, Kerm, if you’re gonna rent the place out, do it in a classy way, ya know?"

"Yo, green stuff! If our instruments are busted are we covered in the insurance?"

"Kermie, vous did not tell moi that there was a party here while we were gone! Oh! It must be a surprise party! I’ll go change!"

"Mee mo meep me mo!"

"...Is this the meeting of the Fozzie Bear fan club?"

"Nah, t’ere’s too many people here."

"Hey, who invited Whoopi Goldberg?"

"Uncle Kermit?" Robin tugged at his stupefied uncle. "This isn’t really a party, is it?"

Kermit slowly shook his head. "Uh, no... no Robin, I don’t think so."

"Kermit," Uncle Deadly said softly from on stage. "Be gone."

Kermit gulped. "No. We’re a family, and we’re sticking together."

Death heard Kermit’s sentiments and let out a happy sigh, he had made the right decision.

But Benny was completely ready to make him regret it. He ripped the scythe from the floor, scattering wood splinters everywhere.

"Hey, we just had that floor re-fur-bished!" Beauregard said.

"Si, we had to fill in a pork-hole!" Pepe shouted.

The Muppets made their way down the aisle. Kermit was clenching Robin’s hand in his, not planning on letting go anytime soon. His eyes caught Daniel’s as they made their way down the aisle, Kermit pulled aside to talk to him. "Daniel?" Kermit asked. "Wha- What are you doing here?"

"I’m not actually sure," Daniel scratched his head. "At first I was here to make sure Clifford, Uncle Deadly, Skeeter, and Scooter were okay, and now-"

"That’s nice Daniel," Kermit snubbed him off, joining the rest of the group in front of the band pit. "Clifford! Scooter!" Kermit called.

"Yo Kerm! Nice timing, dude," Clifford said.

Benny swung away recklessly at Death. Death continued dodging. "FROG!" Death shouted to Kermit. "GET UNCLE DEADLY OFF OF THE STAGE!"

Kermit nodded. "Right."

"Left," Zoot said, half asleep as always.

"Augh!" Kermit groaned. "Alright, Sweetums, grab Uncle Deadly."

"You got it, boss!" The monster reached on stage and drug Uncle Deadly off by his tail.

"No," Deadly moaned. "Don’t let me go!" The phantom clenched his stomach.

"We’re not going anywhere," Gonzo reassured him. "Kermit, do what you have to do, I’ll take care of Uncle Deadly!"

Kermit nodded. "Thanks Gonzo."

Gonzo put a hand on Kermit’s shoulder and nodded before running off to aid Uncle Deadly’s pain as Sweetums set him on the floor.

"Kermit, what can I do?" Fozzie asked.

Kermit examined the situation, he looked at all angles of the theater, formatting a plan. "Fozzie?" Kermit looked right into his best friend’s eyes.

"Yes?" Fozzie asked, ready to sing a cabaret number if Kermit asked him to (and he half expected him to).

"I want you to get on stage and tell jokes," Kermit told him.

"Huh?"

"That’s right," Kermit said. "We need distractions, lots of ‘em."

"Hey man," Floyd called. "I’ve been told we could distract a dog from its bone!"

"Or, like, Animal from a woman!" Janice laughed.

"WO-MAN! WO-MAN!" Animal chanted.

"Good!" Kermit pointed to the band.

"I could deliver a compelling speech arguing the morals of-" Sam began.
"We don’t wanna put ‘em to sleep, Sam," Rowlf said.

"Beau," Kermit addressed the janitor.

"Me?" Beauregard asked, shocked.

"Yes, I want you and Sweetums to get out all the sets and special effects we have wired up right now, and go crazy!" Kermit told him.

"Oh, my specialty!" The janitor ran off.

"Lew, you’re on boomerang fish duty!"

"Ah ha! Finally, my big break!"

"Johnny, you and Sal put on a number!"

"You got it!"

"JOHNNY FIAMMA SAYS YOU GOT IT!"

"Good." Kermit nodded. He looked around and gulped. "Er, Harry...?"

Crazy Harry cackled, staring at the frog with his huge eyes.

"Light duty," Kermit declared.

"He he he! Crazy Harry blind them!" Harry laughed.

Kermit thought for a second. "Clifford?"

"Yeah man?" the co-host responded.

"You better go with him."

"...Why me, man? Why is it always me?" Clifford sulked off after Harry, with Skeeter toddling behind.

"Camilla? Rizzo?"

"Brawk?"

"Yeah?"

"Round up the chickens and the rats, let loose!"

"Bawk brawk!"

"Heh! C’mon Pepe!"

"Si, si, vamanos!"

"Well, that looks like everyone," Kermit told Robin.

"Mister Kermit sir! Mister Kermit!" Bunsen ran up. "What about Beaker and I?"
Kermit smirked. "Go wild."

"Oh! Delightful! Come now Beaker!" Bunsen shouted, pulling Beaker off with him.

"Mo!!" Beaker shrieked.

"Yo, frog!" Butch shouted. "You forgot Clyde and me!"

"Clyde and I," Clyde corrected. Butch thumped Clyde on the head with his fist. "Yeah," Clyde said dizzily. "What about Butch and me?"

Kermit scratched his head. "Um, well," he stuttered. "You could-"

"Try and sell them travel arrangements!" Robin shouted.

Kermit grinned. "Try to sell them travel arrangements!"

"Right! C’mon Clyde, where’re those brochures?" Butch asked as the duo ran off.

Scooter ran up to Kermit carrying a clipboard and a Styrofoam cup. "Boss! Boss! I brought you some coffee!"

Kermit scrunched up his face. "Sheesh. Good to see you again Scooter."

"We’re still gonna need somethin’ big Kermit," Rowlf said.

"Don’t worry," Kermit said. "I’m sure we’ll think of something."

Piggy burst through the doors wearing a gleaming silver dress and a bright pink boa around her neck with a massive feathered hat on her head. "Moi am here." She breathed.

Kermit’s grin grew huge. "Rowlf?"

"Yeah Kermit?"

"I think I thought of something."

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
AWEOMSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...Er, that is, um, AWESOME!!!!!!!!! FANTASTICABULOUS! EVERYBODY'S BACK AT THE THEATER WAHOOOOOOOOOO! And they're all pullin' together and Kermit's giving orders and The Boss is reading SLANDEROUS JUNK WEEKLY! HA! Oh my gosh there's so much to love and Prawnie I oh-so-totally GLOMP YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 37

Kermit straightened the white bow-tie on his old tuxedo. "Boss?" Scooter called.

"Yes?" Kermit and The Boss both answered. They looked askance at each other, than The Boss returned to her magazine and Kermit returned to Scooter.

"Well, I was going to say fifteen seconds to curtain," Scooter said.

"And?" Kermit asked.

"We don’t have a curtain," Scooter said regretfully.

"...Well that’s disappointing." Kermit frowned.

"So, um, fifteen seconds to show time?" Scooter asked.

Kermit nodded. "Sounds good." He returned to fixing his tie.

"Uh, boss?"

"What is it Scooter?"

"It’s been fifteen seconds."

"Oh! Good grief!" Kermit darted out on stage, right into the line of fire. "Good evening ladies and gentlemen! And welcome again to The Muppet Show!"

Death and Benny stopped their ceaseless fighting and stared at the frog.

"We’ve got a great show for you tonight full of-"

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING FROG?" Death asked.

"Introducing the show of course!" Kermit told the slender figure.

Benny snarled. "I didn’t authorize any show at my theater!"

"Well, we were booked before it became your theater," Kermit said. "Anyway, as I was saying the show is sure to be one distracting thing after another!"

Death wished he had eyes so they could grow wider. These Muppets were risking their very lives. For him.

"So here it is! Our opening number!" Kermit slid off the stage.

Lew Zealand ran on stage with a set of sets following him. Beauregard and Sweetums drug out ever different set the Muppets had used over the years for Lew’s boomerang fish act and the Electric Mayhem were playing a made up tune as fish flew through the air.

Meanwhile, backstage, Kermit continued to fiddle with his bow-tie. Fozzie came running up to him. "Kermit! Kermit! Kermit!"

"What is it Fozzie?" Kermit asked, annoyed with the bear and the bow.

"Do you think my jokes will die on stage? Ah! Get it? Die! Wocka! Wocka!" Fozzie shouted.

Kermit scrunched up his face. "Don’t peak too early Fozzie."

"I’ll try not to," Fozzie said. He glanced out on stage and bit his fingers. "Um, Kermit, Lew’s fish just got fried."

Lew came running offstage screaming. "He turned Connie Sue into fish sticks!"

Kermit gulped. "I’m not sure we know quite what we’re up against here."

Fozzie began to fidget with his tie. "Um, uh, well, Kermit, there’s something I’ve been, uh, meaning to talk to you about, see, well, the thing is, I’m feeling like, well, um-"

"Quit belly-achin’ son!" Emily Bear shouted from the upper level. "They need ya out there!"

"Really?" Fozzie asked.

"Of course!" Emily shouted.

Kermit put his hand on Fozzie’s paw. "Of course we need you Fozzie."

Fozzie stood up straight from his jolt of courage. "I am a confident bear!" he declared. "I can do this!" Fozzie made his way out onto the stage.

"Yeah, just hope we don’t have an extra bear skin rug aftah this," Rizzo said with a chorus of rats laughing behind him.

"Not funny, Rizzo," Kermit scolded. "Are those all the rats?"

"All I could find. Most of ‘em went to the big ‘Plague Carriers of ‘68' convention." Rizzo bit into an apple.

"Go find Camilla and the chickens and make your way down to the canteen," Kermit told the rats. "And make as big of a mess as you can."

The rats cheered. "Our pleasure!" Rizzo shouted. "Alright boys, move it out!"

As the rats scampered down towards the canteen, Kermit’s bow-tie reared its ugly head again. "This is why I don’t wear clothes," he muttered.

"YIIII!!" Fozzie squealed as he came running backstage, grabbing Kermit by his neck, visibly shaking. "He-He-He-" Fozzie stuttered.

"He what? What Fozzie?" Kermit asked.

"He-He didn’t th-throw tomatoes at me!" Fozzie moaned.

"...Fozzie, that’s great," Kermit said.

"Instead he hurled fireballs!" Fozzie shook the frog.

"Well-That’s-To-Be-Expec-ted!" Kermit said in-between shakes from the bear. "He-Is-The-Bad-Guy!"

"Not just him!" Fozzie finally let go. "Death was shooting fire pillars from the sky!"

Kermit did a double take. "Say again?"

"Fire pillars from the sky!" Fozzie shouted.

Kermit looked around Fozzie’s shoulder out on stage where Johnny and Sal attempted a soothing blues rendition of "I Wanna Rock and Roll All Night".

"Well, aren’t you going to say anything?!" Fozzie whined.

"Yeah," Kermit smiled. "Death has got Statler and Waldorf licked at this heckling thing."

"But Kermit-"

"Scooter, is Piggy ready?" Kermit called to the go-fer.

"Hilda just finished patching a seam." Scooter stuck his head into Piggy’s dressing room door. "She says it’s her best work yet!"

"Oh good," Kermit said. "Fozzie?" Kermit put his arm on his best friend’s shoulder.

"What?" Fozzie moaned.

"Thanks." Kermit ran out onto the stage.

Fozzie stood, dumbfounded. "Um, well, you’re welcome."

"Off! Off! Off! Off!" Kermit shouted at Johnny and Sal, waving his arms to get them off. He turned and faced the seats and the audience of Daniel and the unconscious J.P. Grosse. "Thank you! Thank you! Are you enjoying the show so far?"

"Yeah, it’s a real blast!" Benny shouted, firing from the scythe at Kermit.

Kermit did what frogs do best, jump, dodging the blast. "Nice pun, maybe you could take Fozzie’s place."

"Hey!" Fozzie called from offstage.

"Just kidding, Fozzie," Kermit said. "And now ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the fantastic Miss Piggy."

Clifford flipped on the spotlight to stage right, where a glistening leg in a likewise glistening heel stepped out. Rowlf played a chord on the piano as Piggy’s rapturous voice began to sing.

"It’s very clear
Our love is here
To stay
." The diva stepped out completely. She was wearing a long, glistening silver dress that dragged behind her with matching silver gloves. Her bouncing silver locks flowed from her head resembling clouds.

"Not for a year
Forever, and a day," she finished the first verse.

"The radio and the telephone
And the movies that we know
May just be passing fancy
And in time may go." By this time she had made her way to center stage, next to Kermit. Benny stared on in awe at the lovely couple.

"But oh my dear," Kermit sang to her, grasping her hand in his.
"Our love is here to stay."

"Together we’re
Going a long, long way." They harmonized.

"In time the Rockies may crumble
Gibralter may tumble
They’re only made of clay
But-" Kermit sang.

"Our love is here
To stay," Piggy finished.

"In time, the Rockies may crumble," Kermit sang.

"Gibralter may tumble," Piggy swooned.

"They’re only made of clay," sang Kermit.

"But-" Piggy added.

"Our love is here...
To stay..." Their eyes met as they breathed out the final note. Their faces grew closer, and closer, Piggy’s eyes sparkled in the spotlight, Kermit’s eyes gleamed at her beauty.

"That is enough!" Benny slammed the base of the scythe on the stage floor, causing a tremor that knocked the frog and the pig off their feet.

Piggy growled. "What lousy timing!"

"I’m done." Benny gasped. "It’s time for me to end this."

Benny slammed the scythe on the floor again, this time turning on all the lights inside the theater. Around his feet dust swirled as energy filled his body. His eyes grew clouded with red as if someone had dropped red food-coloring in water. He shot the scythe up above his head and began screaming.

"NO!" Death ran at Benny, only to be knocked back by an invisible shield around him.

"If I can’t have this theater!" Benny wailed. "No one can!"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh! That was wonderful! So much chaos and yet it' all so entertaining.
Loved when Kermit and the Boss looked at Scooter when the gofer called for just 'Boss'.
The rats scampering off, excited that they'll get to make as big a mess as possible.
The fact the Muppets aren't letting a little thing like a vengeful ex-theater owner get in the way of putting on a show...But I'm scared for what Benny's going to do with the scythe to obliterate the theater. Come on Death, if you can't tackle im head on, then use some of your other parlor tricks to stop him before he goes too far.

Of course, I want this to go too far, so far as to another update. More please!