Muppet Fan-Fic: Don't Trip the Driver

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh man... Doosie of a chapter. And now the plot thickens as Daniel enters the fray. Sweetums is back with the gang, but still no sign of the weird weirdo they're still missing. And this Dave, a cameo of sorts? The van's missing trunk space, reference to some other colorful crayonesque cross-country trip? Will I stop asking questions? Will you ever answer? Will you ever post more story? Will Skeeter wake up and knock Clifford out again?

For the snswers to these and other questions... Tune in next time, same Prawn time, same Prawn channel!

Beauregard

Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry? Did I sound too excited there?

DANI-EL! DANI-EL!!!

He's perfectly in character, and oooh so fabulous! He was he last person I was expecting to appear in this story! But...oh so RIGHT!!! Whooooot! *bounces off the walls*

Did I mention that I've had a LOT of coffee this morning?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yea!!! Great chapter! Favorite line? This:
Originally posted by ComedyPrawn

Anytime Sweetums, anytime! Good luck finding your weirdo friend," Dave the truck driver said.

"Which one?" Kermit asked.

Dave stared down at the frog. "The weird one."

Kermit frowned. "How very specific."
So funny, I was almost rolling on the floor! The rest of it was good too, especially the appearance of Daniel! Great stuff Prawnie!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Prawn... Can we get some more story please? Thanks.
Now, who to nag next...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Um... Pre-chapter warning here... It gets... Um... How you say... Ushy gushy. So uh, prepare yourselves however you know how.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 28

"Polly, Polly," Clueless shouted to the lobster on the motorcycle in front of him.

"Yeah, what?" Polly grunted.

"I don’t see that bus anymore!"

"WHAT?!" Polly shouted. "How do you lose a bright red school bus?!"

"Well it could be really good at hide and seek," Clueless blinked.

"Will you shut up?!" Polly screamed. "Ugh, it’s gettin’ dark anyway, we’ll take a break for the night."

"Ooh, where’s the nearest Holiday Inn?" Angel Marie asked.

"We don’t have any money, dumby!" Polly muttered.

"But Polly, I thought I was your dumby!" Clueless whined.

"You’re all dumbies!!" Polly screamed.

"Not yet," Old Tom said. "But I am gettin’ up in age."

"And besides," Mad Monty said. "No one sees the ventriloquist beneath us anyway!"

"But if you can’t see them they’re not a ventriloquist."

"Then who are those guys?"

"Beats me!"

"I’m gonna beat ya if ya don’t shut up!" Polly shouted.

"I still wanna know who those ventriloquists are..."

<X>X<X>​

"It’s getting dark..." Kermit whispered. He was sitting alone in the bus seat against the window. In the seat opposite him, Robin cuddled in Rowlf’s fur.

"Still no sign of Gonzo," Rowlf stated.

"Do you think he’s okay?" Fozzie bit his fingers.

"I’m sure he’s fine," Rowlf said, looking at Kermit.

"Sure," Kermit whispered.

Rowlf and Fozzie looked at each other. Fozzie tapped his mom on the shoulder. "Hey ma, I think you better pull over for the night."

"But son, I’m making great time!" Emily said.

"We still don’t even know where we’re going!" Fozzie said.

"Oh, yeah. Right." Mrs. Bear began to slow the bus down, and signaled into a turn lane, leading to a rest stop.

"BATHROOM! BATHROOM!" Animal shouted from the back of the bus, almost pulling Floyd’s fingers off with his pull at the chain.

"Oh boy! A cute little rest stop!" Bean beamed.

"Perfect spot for tuba practice," Bobo said.

"NO!" a chorus of Muppet answered.

"Well fine," Bobo muttered. "Guess you don’t wanna over do it before wake up call tomorrow."

"Huh?" Zoot sat up from his nap.

"Nothin’ man, go back to sleep," Dr. Teeth said.

"Ouh! I cuoold meke-a puncekes tu gu veet zee veke-a up cell!" The Swedish Chef bounced.

"Great," Piggy groaned. "Then we’d be killed by the sound of the tuba and breakfast!"

"That’s not the only thing that’s killing us," Kermit mumbled, curling into a ball.

Fozzie took off his hat. "Kermit?" he said to his best friend.

"Yes Fozzie?" Kermit sighed.

"You need to talk to her." Fozzie grabbed Kermit’s arm and pulled him up out of the seat. "You are my best friend, I won’t let you lose something this good."

Kermit turned and smiled sadly, staring into Fozzie’s eyes. "But Fozzie, she-"

"So?" Fozzie cut Kermit off. "You’ve gotten through worse. Much worse. Think of all those karate bruises!"

Kermit rubbed his arm. "But she-"

"A little monkey mark won’t kill you!" Fozzie said. "Trust me, I know."

"How do you know that?" Kermit asked.

"It’s a long story involving a banana peel factory." Fozzie put his hat back on.
"There’s a factory for banana peels?"

"Oh yeah, it has great a-peel! Ahh! Wocka! Wocka!"

Kermit scrunched up his face. "Thanks Fozzie. I think I’ll talk to Piggy now."

"Great!" Fozzie shouted. "But there’s something we should do first."

"What’s that?"

"Move."

Mrs. Bear parked the bus and opened up the door. A flood of Muppets emptied from the bus, spreading all throughout the rest area.

Miss Piggy, Kermit, Fozzie, Rowlf, and the sleeping Robin sat left on the bus. "That was close, thanks Fozzie." Kermit dusted himself off.

"Anytime Kermit," Fozzie dusted Kermit’s back. "I enjoy living up to my best friend title."

"And you do it tres well Fozzie," Kermit smiled.

"Oh no," Rowlf moaned. "Not you too!"

Kermit smirked. He walked out to the aisle of the bus and looked towards Miss Piggy. "Piggy, honey?"

Piggy’s eyes poked up over the seat. "Yes, Kermie?" she asked softly, and sweetly.

"We need to talk," Kermit said.

Piggy shifted her weight, then stood up from her seat. "Oh, we do?" she stood her ground.

Kermit wasn’t playing around this time. "Yes," he said sternly. "We do."

Piggy doubled back. "Magnificent," she flipped her hair over her shoulder.

She walked past Kermit, and Kermit glanced downward. Not now Kermit, not now. This is serious. He thought to himself.

Kermit followed Miss Piggy off the bus, into the parking lot of the rest area. Behind them the Muppets mingled around the picnic tables, bathrooms and vending machines.

"You never were one to pick atmospheres well, Kermit." She huffed, folding her arms and turning her back on him.

Kermit grabbed her shoulders and spun her around, looking her straight in her gorgeous blue eyes. "Why did you do it Piggy? Why do you do it?" he asked calmly, trying to get through to her.

Piggy opened her mouth, trying to speak. She couldn't. The words wouldn't come to her. Not with Kermit's hands on her shoulders.

"Just tell me why Piggy," Kermit kept his hands on her broad shoulders. "I just want to know what's going on with you! I just want to know how to help."

Piggy's face grew stern. "Vous think that just because moi...Just because moi does things, it means I automatically need your help?"

Kermit’s face mirrored Piggy's, his muscles tightened, never breaking eye contact. "I would like to believe that Piggy. I think you need my help. And I want to help you. Why can't you understand that?"

"Kermie, moi is a passionate woman! Moi tries to understand! But don't vous see? I'm just too passionate!" she attempted to bluff her way through the fight.

"Piggy that’s not what this is about, and you know it!" Kermit was growing annoyed with this.

Piggy pulled her shoulders away from Kermit’s hands. "That’s the problem Kermit!" she decided against calling him "Kermie". "It’s never about passion!"

Kermit didn’t embrace her. He looked at her, her face revealed her inner thoughts, her entire spirit on the verge of breaking down. "Oh Piggy..." he said softly. "If only I’d known...If you’d have told me-"

"Told vous?! Moi tells vous every day! Every day moi tells vous how much moi cares! And do vous return the favor? Of course not!" Piggy snapped.

"Oh yeah you’re real appealing Piggy!" Kermit said angrily. "Every time I do anything- Every time anyone does anything that offends you, you karate chop them into next week! But I tell you here and now Miss Piggy, I am not afraid of you or your fists, forearms or legs anymore!" Kermit’s stern expression grew more stern as his eyes drove right through Piggy’s.

"Wha- Well- I’ll have you know- Uch! HI-YA!" she threw her arm at him in a chop. Kermit ducked underneath it. "HI-YA!" She kicked, Kermit hopped. "HIIII-YA!!" she punched, Kermit bounced back. "HI-YA!" she attempted one last chop, that Kermit dodged.

"I told you Piggy. I'm not afraid anymore." Kermit puffed out his chest.

Piggy puffed her chest out just as far (yet naturally farther). "Oh yeah Ker-mit," she said harshly. "Would vous LIKE something to be afraid of?"

Kermit's insides did a back flip. He gulped loudly, almost revealing the fear he wasn't supposed to have. "Well Miss Piggy, I'll tell you one thing."

"Oh? And what is that mon capitan?" she asked grimly.

Kermit wrapped his arm right around her back, putting his free hand in hers. "I have never been more in love with you than right now." His green lips smashed against hers in an explosion of inter-species love.

<X>X<X>​

"So, you mean to tell me that you work for the big man upstairs?" Clifford asked Daniel. The group had moved from backstage to the seats in the audience.

"Big woman actually," Daniel pushed his glasses back up his nose. "But don’t tell her I called her big."

"Wouldn’t think of it," Clifford took his sunglasses off. "So, why you here dude?"

Uncle Deadly sat with his chin resting on top of his joined hands. "Yes, do tell. What news do you bear?" Deadly asked.

"Yeah, and why are you dressed like an ice cream man from ‘Hello Dolly’?" Scooter asked.

"Well, it’s simple really, it’s my uniform, that and the suspenders really are comfortable." Daniel took his hat off.

"Moving on," Skeeter rolled her eyes.

"Oh, yes ma’am," Daniel said. "I’m here with news of Death."

"What? Who’s dyin’ man?" Clifford asked.

"No no," Daniel shook his head. "No one’s dying. I’m talking about Death the omniscient being."

Clifford, Skeeter and Scooter exchanged glances. Uncle Deadly rose his head up. "Elaborate," Deadly hissed.

"Gladly," Daniel said. "The Boss, you see, she recalled Death because of this whole Benny Vandergast mess. She had to question him and get things straight before she could let him continue his work."

"And what does any of this have to do with any of us?" Clifford asked.

"Everything," Daniel said. "With Death gone, Benny overran things here, so you guys were basically helpless. That’s why I’m here."

"You were sent to help us deal with Vandergast," Scooter said.

"More or less." Daniel nodded.

"But what can you do?" Skeeter grimaced.

"You’d be surprised." Daniel smirked. "Remember that incident with Clifford?"

Clifford spat, "Don’t remind me."

Uncle Deadly stood up and moved towards Daniel. "What should we do?"

Daniel looked the phantom in his beady yellow eyes. "Well, first, you should stop staring at me like that. I scare easily."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... And we need more story that much more easily as well. Come on Ryan... Things at the theater are gettin' good, keep it comin'!

Beauregard

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
Chapter 28
"We don’t have any money, dumby!" Polly muttered.

"But Polly, I thought I was your dumby!" Clueless whined.
*laughs!* Like, it's supposed to be a compliment? *sniggers* Oh I do love Clueless.

By the way...the whole ventriloquist bit totally threw me, becuase I am so think that it took me four attempts to figure out 'Dummies' 'ventriloquists.' I still laughed though. I always get a kick out of fourth-wall breakage.

"Beats me!"

"I’m gonna beat ya if ya don’t shut up!" Polly shouted.
Poor poor people with that guy as their leader...

"Oh boy! A cute little rest stop!" Bean beamed.
Bean, sit here a moment and let me explain why reststops are NOT cute...

"Perfect spot for tuba practice," Bobo said.
Ooooh! Two things: One, I'd almost forgotten about the tuba, nice bringing it back up. And two, Bean and Bobo together! Eee!

"Huh?" Zoot sat up from his nap.
Nice to see he has a line here and there :stick_out_tongue:

"Great," Piggy groaned. "Then we’d be killed by the sound of the tuba and breakfast!"
Piggy here, is perfect.

Fozzie took off his hat. "Kermit?" he said to his best friend.
Awww! He is so sweet! Plus, he takes off his hat when he has something VERY special or important to say. Like a warning sign.

"Oh yeah, it has great a-peel! Ahh! Wocka! Wocka!"
*blink* Ahaahah! *blink*

Piggy doubled back. "Magnificent," she flipped her hair over her shoulder.
Magnificent...she really is, isn't she...

She walked past Kermit, and Kermit glanced downward. Not now Kermit, not now. This is serious. He thought to himself.
I...I er can't help wondering...

Piggy's face grew stern. "Vous think that just because moi...Just because moi does things, it means I automatically need your help?"
Aww...Piggy...

"I told you Piggy. I'm not afraid anymore." Kermit puffed out his chest.
*hugs him*

Piggy puffed her chest out just as far (yet naturally farther).
*holds in a giggle so as not to break the moment*

"I have never been more in love with you than right now." His green lips smashed against hers in an explosion of inter-species love.
Mmmmm! Have I told you how much I loved that little discription there?

"Big woman actually," Daniel pushed his glasses back up his nose. "But don’t tell her I called her big."
Like she isn't watching this :stick_out_tongue: - But I just love Daniel here! You have him so perfecty. All nervious, but certain of what he is here to do.

"Yeah, and why are you dressed like an ice cream man from ‘Hello Dolly’?" Scooter asked.
*giggles!*

"She had to question him and get things straight before she could let him continue his work."
*fidns that unbelievably FAN-TAST-I-MONT becuase I never imagined Death as working for...the boss. It's perfect.

Daniel looked the phantom in his beady yellow eyes. "Well, first, you should stop staring at me like that. I scare easily."
*laughs!* Poor Daniel! He gets no luck!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Great stuff Prawnie! I LOVED the scene with Kermit and Piggy. It was so heated and then you end it with this passionate kiss, wow. Great stuff. Looking forward to more!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 29

The bus awoke to the blaring and off key sound of Bobo’s tuba, and Bean’s coffee and cute induced "Beanercize" routine.

That was at five in the morning.

It was now nearing lunch time. And, of course, the Muppets were taking notice.

"Did you see Kermit out d’ere wit’ Piggy?" Rizzo whispered to Pepe.

"Si, si, I knew it was going to happen eventually, hokay?" Pepe munched a potato chip.

"Where’d you get d’ose?" Rizzo asked.

"Picked d’em up at de rest stop, hokay?" Pepe ate another.

"Give me some," Rizzo said, reaching towards the bag.

Pepe pulled the bag away. "Hey, watch jour hands! D’ese are my ‘tato chips, hokay?"

"Aw, c’mon, just one, I’m starvin’!" Rizzo begged.

"No way! D’ey’re mine!" Pepe cuddled his bag of chips protectively.

"Hey Pepe," Sal poked his head up to the prawn. "Mind if I have a potato chip?"

"Oh, si, sure, here jou go monkey man." Pepe handed Sal a chip.

"Thanks." Sal scarfed down the chip and returned to his seat.

"The monkey gets the chip?!" Rizzo shouted.

"Si, de monkey gets de chip."

Kermit sat in the front seat behind Mrs. Bear at the wheel with Miss Piggy wrapped around his arm (and, coincidentally, his little finger). Rowlf and Robin sat in the seat across from them, anxiously peering out the window.

"Uncle Kermit, are you sure we’ll find Gonzo?" Robin asked his uncle.

Kermit peered around Piggy. "I’m sure Robin, everything will be fine. Don’t worry."

"If you say so Uncle Kermit," Robin nodded.

Rowlf looked back at the rest of the Muppets. "I think we’re gonna need to feed the meter soon, Kermit," Rowlf said.

"You’ll need to feed the bear too!" Fozzie said from behind Kermit’s seat.
"We’re not gonna stop until we find Gonzo," Kermit said firmly.

"Oh, Kermie," Piggy nuzzled her head onto his shoulder. "That reminds moi of such a delightful song, do vous know which one? Hmm?"

"I do!" Robin perked up.

"Me too," Rowlf smiled, as always.

"I’m sure we all do," Kermit grinned. "Most of us were there."

"If that ain’t a song cue," Floyd shouted. "I don’t know what is!"

"Two, three, four!" Dr. Teeth counted off as the band began to play.

"When the curtain goes up
And we hear the applause," Floyd jammed.

"It’s the moment we’ve lived for
And you were the cause," Janice continued.

"We’re gonna keep on singin’
If you keep bringin’
Your laughter and mayhem
Wahoos and guffaws," The Electric Mayhem sang.

"‘Cause we’re not gonna stop
‘Til we get to the top," Fozzie sang in the aisle of the bus, leading the other Muppets.

"With a stomp and a shuffle
A skip and a hop," Robin sang along.

"‘Cause wherever we are
And wherever we go
We’re ready to rock
And we’re ready to roll," Rowlf joined in.

"So raise the curtains
And light the lights
," all the Muppets on the bus sang.
"It’s for certain
The time is right

"It works together
It works apart
It goes without sayin’
That it comes from the heart."

"So raise an eyebrow
An lift an ear," Rizzo and Pepe sang.

"We caught ya smilin’
We hear ya cheer," Butch and Clyde harmonized.

"‘Cause it’s the sound that we adore
When you’re shouting
More, more
Moooore!"

"And wheeeen the camera’s flashing
I will pose a doz-en pos-es
And wheeeen my song is over
I’ll receive a doz-en ros-es!" Miss Piggy broke away from Kermit’s grasp to make her solo.

"We’re so glad that you’re here
We can tell you we know
‘Cause we hold you so dearly
Yes, you that we love," Kermit grinned.

"As long as we’re in show-biz," Johnny sang.

"Then all we know is-" Sal started.

"We’ll give you our best stuff!" Johnny sang again. "Watch it Sal, you’re takin’ my lines."

"And we’re not gonna stop
‘Til we get to the top," Bobo chimed in.

"With a stomp and a shuffle
A skip and a hop!" Bean bounced.

"‘Cause wherever we are
And wherever we go
We’re takin’ the stage
And stealin’ the show," Kermit, Fozzie, and Miss Piggy sang together.

"So raise the curtains
And light the lights
," Beauregard sang.

"It’s for certain
The time is right," Sam bellowed.

"You sure the time ain’t left man?" Zoot asked.

"It works together
It works apart," Bunsen sang, while Beaker meeped along.

"It goes without sayin’
That it comes from the heart," Sweetums bellowed.

"So raise an eyebrow
And lift an ear
We gotcha smilin’
We hear ya cheer," Kermit and Robin harmonized.

"‘Cause it’s the sound that we adore
When you’re shouting
More, more, more, more
Mooooooore!!" all of the Muppets finished the song by laughing and nodding.
"Oh, I tell ya," Mrs. Bear sighed. "All that singin’ sure got me hungry! Who’s up for some lunch?"

The entire bus agreed with her, all but Kermit, who had to put his voice in as the ever-present voice of reason. "I think you’re forgetting about a certain weirdo stuck on the middle of Route 13!" Kermit frowned.

Camilla began to cluck uproariously. "Brawk bawk bawk brawk, bragawk!!" she demanded.

"We’ll find him Camilla, we’ll find him," Hilda reassured her.

"Yeah, but only if we’re clucky! Ahh! Wocka! Wocka!"

<X>X<X>

"Everyone understand?" Daniel asked cautiously.

Uncle Deadly, Clifford, Scooter, and Skeeter nodded. "Ready and waitin’ man," Clifford said.

"That’s all we have to do now," Daniel said. "Wait, for Benny to arrive."

Deadly rapped his nails on the seat next to him. "Do we know when that will be?" Deadly asked softly, already knowing the answer.

Daniel shook his head. "There’s no way to know. Not when he has the scythe. With the scythe, anything can happen."

"And anything will happen," Deadly said. "We have to be ready for that."

"How can we be ready for that?" Skeeter asked.

The group sat silent in the theater. Scooter looked around at their faces, each of them staring down at their own feet. "Hey," he spoke up. "We can do this."

Everyone stared at him, their eyes looking right into his.

"Scooter’s right, we got this! There ain’t nothin’ to worry about!" Clifford said.

"Well, there’s a lot to worry about actually," Daniel straightened his glasses. "Such as the scythe, Benny’s un-dead human form, his-" Skeeter cut Daniel off by stomping on his foot. "YEEOW!" he cried, grabbing his foot.

"That’s for putting a damper on our spirits," Skeeter said. "Now, shall we take our positions?"

"Of course!" the four men shouted, fearing for their feet.

>X<X>X<

The cloaked figure sat on the puce colored couch in the middle of a babbling brook. He observed his surroundings, to his right was a large bush. He extended his bony hand out and touched the bush. Suddenly, a large amount of hot, brown liquid squirted from the bush, covering the archangel.

"Careful," a black woman in a long white robe told Death.

"YOUR BUSH ATTACKED ME WITH COFFEE," Death tried wiping himself off.

"First of all, it’s a shrub, my shrub attacked you with coffee. Second, you deserved it." The woman plopped down on the couch next to Death, sending her many hair braids bouncing.

Death sighed. "I KNOW. I’VE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE."

The woman reached on the ground at her feet and pulled up a large remote control. "Nothing that can’t be fixed." She fiddled with the remote. "I don’t suppose you know how to work this thing?"

"I DO NOT. I HAVEN’T WATCHED TELEVISION SINCE 1981."

The woman muttered, pressing a random selection of buttons, sending a flying television in all such directions over her head.

"CAN WE TALK ABOUT ME RETURNING TO EARTH?" Death finally asked.
The woman stared at him. "Not yet, Spongebob’s on."

"BUT, THE MUPPETS ARE-"

"Hey, who’s the boss?" the Boss asked.

"I THOUGHT WE WERE WATCHING SPONGEBOB."

"Cute," the Boss said. "Cute joke."