Muppet College Roommates

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ooooh! The Last Unicorn's a good one, and it was only made better after reading the book. Saw that one ten years ago before I even knew what it was. I place that one with another animated fantasy movie I rully like, Flight of Dragons. That one had the voices of James Earl Jones and the late John Ritter.
BTW: Anyone remember the animated versions of Grimm's Fairy Tales and other animated movies they'd show on Nickelodeon's Special Delivery on Saturday afternoons?
Man, it's turned into a piece of rot that channel has. Well, never mind, we'll always have our memories and movies to watch.

*Ding.
Oh, the chocolate's ready. Please pass me the serving bowl of popcorn with caramel to drown with additional chocolate hot from the microwave.
*Mokey hands the Count (MC) the giant bowl filled with popcorn and caramel.
Thanks Mokey, please put it down on the counter.
*Feels the fishies on the outer surface of the bowl. Ah, I see you used my Little Mermaid serving bowl, perfect for a movie night like tonight.
OK guys, the popcorn's ready and we're coming to start up the movie marathon now.

G-MAN

Reaction score
Rizzo:Well you see Count, my "Rat Pack" is a burgeoning enterprise and every few years I add a few new rats to my campaign. Montague here is Yolanda's brother. He's been a part of our enterage (spelling?) since about 1994. Unfortunately his first production(Muppet Classic Theater) wasn't that very appealing to wide audiences, but he got a bigger chance with that treasure movie. Hope that answers your question.

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
You like The Last Unicorn, Count? How very cool...its been one of my favorites since childhood. And its just now finally been release on DVD this month. And I agree...it gets even better after you read the book...I think they should have left the town of Hagsgate in the movie.

So, what are we going to watch now? Is everybody ready to start another movie?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Steps out through dumbwaiter elevator shaft.

Oh sorry, I haven't been around to answer some questions. Thank you Rizzo, and welcome to Montague. Yes, GonzoGirl, I liked the Last Unicorn both in book and movie formats. Agreed, the book is a bit better, especially when you learn of the missing acts at the fair where there were supposed to be nine different acts.
Sorry about my abscence, but I went upstairs to listen to the Electric Mayhem perform in tune with the classic rock and roll I love so much, as piped through the radio programs of Supergold and Rock Roll & Remember.
Well, what movie are we going to watch?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello? Anyone here? GonzoGirl? Grover? Rizzo?
Well, Mokey and I just got back from the movie store and we got a few good non-Disney animated movies. GonzoGirl might like this one from the Warner Brothers lot, Whacko's Wish. And here's one starring a cute little kitty-cat which Grover might like called Cats Can't Dance with the voice talent of Scott Bakula. He was so good in the series Quantum Leap. And for Rizzo, picked up a fave of mine, The Secret of Nimh (1).
Hope to hear from you guys and gals soon in the common room.

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
I'm here!! So sorry to have disappeared...it will take me some time to readjust my schedule-on Saturday I got officially enrolled into a home-study art school (AIS)! I just need to get used to a routine again, which I haven't really had for awhile, especially with my art. Hopefully by next week, I will start settling into set times to work, be online, etc...
:big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Was weird not hearing from you the last week, GG. But it's good that you're getting back into some sort of nice college-like routine. Just so long as you still come by to share with us a moment or two, we'll gladly be here to listen.
Oh, I guess we should get some sodas for Rizzo and Grover and the others. Will be back to pop in the first movie in a little while.

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
Thank you, Count! :smile:
I will try to be on the forums as much as I can-I really like this place alot-you guys are all so cool to talk to. And I love being a dorm-member, too!
More sodas? Coming right up!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No no GG, you stay there tucked under your Cat in the Hat sheets, I'll go get the sodas from the nearby vending machines.

You wanted a diet cola right?

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
Aww...thank you! Actually, I'll live dangerously today and have a regular soda...I need a bit of a boost, and coffee makes me too jittery. One regular soda will pick me up just enough, without getting me to the point of needing to be peeled off the ceiling. *hehe*

Status
Not open for further replies.