Muppet College Roommates

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan GonzoGirl. Just finished adding the custom guitar my brother painted for my Clifford figure, looks great.
Mokey will bring the movie tapes and I'll get us a few sodas from the vending machine at the lobby.

Hmmm, now which ones to bring, movies that is? OK, I've got MST3K Hobgoblins (a new classic) and Manos the Hands of Fate.
Should ask for a couple others though, if you want like French Kiss or Misery.
LMK and I'll send Mokey to the common room with the tapes.

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
Got two large bowls of Kettle Corn ready to go, nice and hot!! I also have some Raisinettes and Cadbury Eggs I'll bring too. I've never seen much of MST3K, so that will work just fine for me...something light and funny actually sounds really good right about now!
*on my way to the common room*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What?!? You've not doubled over in laughter of the myrthsome quips from the MST3K gang? Oh, my dear GonzoGirl, we must indoctrinate you in the art of these funny film critics.
The show has a basic premise: three guys sit down in theater seats at the bottom of a screen watching a movie, most of them bad but some OK on their own like The Magic Sword. And the best part is that while they're watching the movie, they keep making comments such as references and gags tied into what they're watching.
Oh, I'll definitely bring the two films mentioned above, think that should be enough for a good primer.
I'll be there soon.

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
LOL..I am familiar with the premise of MST3K, and have seen a few episodes, back when it first started, but that was about it. I did enjoy the, though...which ones do you have?

Here is your popcorn, and I brought some napkins, too...Hoggle should be along shortly, he is caught up in a book on baublery...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks GonzoGirl. Brought Manos the Hands of Fate, one of the better mixes of comedy and horror from Joel's stint up on the S.O.L.; and Hobgoblins with Mike onboard, one of the newer classics which I liked a lot.
Could go and get The Magic Sword and/or Devil Dolls too, but maybe those would be better for another time.
Oh, and here, I brought some sodas with me.
*Offers diet sodas to both GonzoGirl and Mokey.

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
Manos sounds just fine to me!! *munches popcorn* Thanks for bringing the sodas...Mokey, did you get any popcorn? I brought a couple of extra plates for you and Hoggle, or there are Raisinettes, if you prefer!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mokey: "Thank you GonzoGirl, I have plenty of popcorn here in this little bowl I brought."
*Shows bowl of popcorn in her hands.

OK then, get set for a trip through the depraved tour de force that is Manos: The Hands of Fate!
Uh, there's a lot of static travel during the first half-hour, but it gets better after that. Especially in the third segment where the statuesque women come to life and all the shopping jokes that are made.
At least it's no Lost Continent, man! That's the worst episode yet!
Well, enjoy the movie.

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
*settles in under a Cat in the Hat blanket* Looks like a good choice to me!

Hoggle: Sorry for the delay, got caught up in me book. *Takes some popcorn and sits next to Mokey*

Erine81981

Reaction score
Back at the Theaters.......

Oh I've been wanting to see this movie. I can't wait. There's Scooter. Hey there Scooter. Hows is going? Fine. Thats good. See ur still working here. Ur off today so ur going to see it to. Cool. Me and Aaron are going to get some snacks. Did u come by urself? Oh Lew Zeland and the Chef are here. We'll talk to u later.

Ok I would like some Pop corn and Gummi Bears. *hands person money* oh and a drink. Thanks. *waits for Aaron*

Status
Not open for further replies.