Muppet College Dorms: The Next Semester

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDragon

Reaction score
Nyz: *is bouncy* People are actually reading my story!

Jabber: Yeah. So maybe you should write more.

Nyz: Oh yeah.....I guess I should do that.....

Jabber: Yes, before they start firing the penguin cannons...

Nyz: I'll wait for Lisa to sign on....I'll need her help soon enough....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Morning shows are over.
*Refills iced tea tumbler and heads upstairs to the reading room.

Come on Count, we got some fanfics to read up on now in the afternoon.
Count: Vonderful!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Beth: I'm going to join the choir
Red: That's great! You love to sing, it's perfect!
Abby: You have a nice voice, I wish I could sing like that
Beth: Well you just keep working on it, trust me, it was years and years before I could sing well. Anyway, I'm excited, because now I'll have something to do on campus too!

BEAR

Reaction score
Big Bird: (leaves note for Ed) "Ed, is it okay if we start up Birdkateers again this thursday? Thanks, Big Bird." That should do it. Wow! So many new activities.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the time has come... The walrus said... To talk of finer things...

OK, here's what our room looks like, did some remodeling from last year's descript.
There's a big white number 1 embossed on the outside of our door, much like the other embossed numbers on the rest of the rooms' doors. *Helps find a particular room easier that way.
The inside walls are painted in a subdued wine red, highlighted by black gothic ledges near the ceiling. We have softened beige tiled floors with thin black spiderweb lining connecting all the squares, much like a floored chessboard. As soon as you turn to either side of the door, there are two side indentations. That's where our closets are placed, against the same wall as the door but with some space inside. Both closets house our dresser drawers and clothes posted upon the hangman's bar. Mine has polo shirts, jeans, a few dress shirts and pants for fancy events, loafer shoes for everyday, and a pair of dress shoes. The dresser holds my other everyday clothes, T-Shirts, and sweatpants for when I'm here at the dorms. The Count's has his shirts, vests, pants, coats, and of course a variety of capes. The dressers are littered with a couple of perfume bottles and roll-on anti-perspirant bars, along with my baby shampoo bottle for when I shower.

If you look closely, you'll notice that the closets' knobs are modeled much like two orange jack o'lanterns. Walking along the outside walls... On The Count's side of the room, you'll find his faithful bat-organ. We loved the design of the original so much, we had it moved from his castle. Of Course, there are fixtures that we can attach to the tops of the organ's pipes, whenever he presses a button switching it from musical instrument to counting organ mode. There are two shelves next to the organ, at about arm's height, with a few gothic plush animals like a gargoyle, raven, and vampire bat. The Count's bed is placed laterally along the wall after that. His bed has white sheets printed with some Sesame Street friends and rows of black numbers, some of the numbers enlargened for his friends to hold on to or hide inside. The bed also features a comfy bat-shaped headboard, two white-cased pillows, fluffy folded blanket, and a basket at its feet for Fatatatita to sleep in.

On the other side of the room... Opposite from the organ stands my double-shelving unit where my Muppet figure collection is proudly displayed. Had my brother help install a couple of lighting tubes on one shelf, the one that'll be for photographing. *Got plans for embellishing the display, we'll see what happens. My bed stands directly opposite from my roommate's, also lined along the wall. My bed sports a light powder black sheet with ghostly glowing white bats printed upon it, two powder black-cased pillows, a matching fluffy folded blanket, and a storm cloud shaped headboard. The Count's bed has small storm cloud bedknobs with vertical lightning posts, where as mine features small batlike ornaments perched upon the far railing. We have floor mats next to our beds, where we individually leave our crimson red or ash gray slippers.

The far wall divides into three main areas from left to right. The far left section of the back wall opens up thanks to its ornate window. There's a window box with a few fragrant herbs on the outside, and a roost for Batty and Necra, our bats, near the top of the window itself. Good thing we have fragrant herbs in the windowbox below them, that way the fertilizer doesn't go to waste. There's a microwave and bubbling cauldron tucked into that corner of the room, for whenever we feel like fixing some private meals. The silver scream entertainment area takes up the center spot of the back wall. The master TV's fright there propped up on a lovely Transylvanian carved mount, with three machines hooked up to it directly underneath: DVD/VCR double bubble machine, DVD/VCD single spell machine, and black cable box on top of them. The controls to work each of these are on the ledge to the left, all in order without worry of them falling off. My dark glasses are on the right ledge of the shelf that holds our monster movie components. The ICE (air conditioner) unit's tucked beneath this, so that it can cool off the entire room and drip out to the outside rear bottom gutters of the dorm building itself. We also installed an eight-legged spider chandelier up on the ceiling... The legs stick out twirling in mid-air as it doubles as a grimly revolving ceiling fan. Last, but not least is the creepy couch in the center of the room situated in front of the TV. The couch has a couple of ratty arm covers, and a black bat-eared headrest. The couch's connected to a round disc base, so it can eerily swivel in full circular motion, allowing us to greet any visitors to our humble doomicile. My computer work station sits on a long polished desk, along the far right portion of the back wall. The desk stretches almost to where the edges of the window are set into the wall itself, providing a sort of banister in front of the TV area. Need a desk this long to put my figures on if either moving them or working on something with the Count's help.

Finally, there's the wall space next to our beds. The beds are spaced a little apart from the walls themselves, so we can squeeze in between and remove the bedclothes for their laundering. Some electrical sockets grace the lower linings of the walls as well. The Count has a secret compartment on his wall, accessed by a grinning skull knob. This hull houses his own collection of magnetized numbers (about two of each digit from 0-9, and doubles of each so he can go as high as he pleases) in a stacked pack, and the castle areas with small PVC figurines of various monstrous fiends to make it feel like a true haunted house. The wall on my side has a secret compartment accessed by a black bat-shaped knob. There you'll find a massive book and a DVD library of various Muppet productions. The book is where I keep the photos of the members of the Muppet Family, constantly updated thanks to my Muppet Listings. The DVD library's kept in a zipped up album with rainbow tabs indicating where I have which DVD's: red for TMS, orange for FR, yellow for SS, etc. There are also two vertical posters flanking the compartment on either side plastered upon the wall. The first and closest to the shelving unit is the one of Catwoman from Batman Returns, in her "Hello There!/**** Here!" master chamber scene; the one closest to the bed's headboard shows off August, my lovely living doll in her finest sexy yet spooky traditional Haloween-styled costumed dress.

Not much more than that, think all the basics were covered in this tour of our cozy crypt. Knock if you need me for anything, have a great weekend you guys and ghouls.
*Cackles as door closes creakily behind us.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Me: Hmm...

Gonzo: What? What's the hmmm for?

Me: I'm not sure.

Gonzo: What?

Me: I'm not sure.

Gonzo: Not sure about what?

Me: What the hmm's for.

Gonzo: Is it for him?

Me: No, it's for hmmm.

Gonzo: ...Can we go do more commentary?

Me: I thought you'd never ask.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Walks in

Guys at the moment I'm out of a job. I quit!

Grover: You what?

Herry: You can't do that. What will we eat? How will we get from here to there?

Don't worry tho guys. I'm lookin for another job. So don't worry.

Maurice: *whew*

Cookie M: You mean no more cookies for me?

Don't worry Cookie Monster. I'll get another job. So I'll be looking all day. I'll see ya'll later. Bye.

Grover: Bye. I hope Kyle can get another job.

Herry: He will Grover. I know Kyle. He can find another one.

Grover: I hope so.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Me: *coming back from commentary with Clifford* Well that was fun Cliff, nice of you to stop by.

Clifford: No prob dude, I had fun.

Me: Me too. It was nice to have a change from Gonzo...Wait...Oh no, GONZO! *runs out*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Tacking up announcements on bulletin board for all to find.

Attention all MC Dorms residents...
Here are some upcoming events/clubs you might be interested in joining.

MC Frogs Cheerleading Squad.
Red Fraggle will be in charge of the squad, please contact her at Room #3 to find out if all available spots have been taken or filled already and when squad practices will be held.
*Beth, feel free to LMK if there's a specific name you want to give the cheerleaders, we can toss around some ideas.

MC Frogs Football Team.
Clifford will be the team's captain once again. Please contact him at Room #25 to find out what positions are available, when team tryouts and practices will be held, and when the games will be held.
*Ryan, the football team will be in your hands, though you and Beth will share the team's fate. Please be sure to tell me the game dates, opponents, and final scores to keep track during the season.

Muppet College Quire.
Kate will be holding auditions this Sunday and Monday up in the 3rd floor's common room. Please contact her in Room #38 to find out exactly when the auditions will be held, and feel free to bring your own musical selection for your tryout.

Birdketeers Club.
Big Bird will be in charge of his yellow feathered troop. Please contact him or Bryan in Room #29 if you're interested in joining.
Birdketeer Club meetings will be usually held on Thursday afternoons, unless circumstances force slight scheduling changes.

That is all, have a good weekend.

RedDragon

Reaction score
Nyz: Second chapter is posted and now I eat <grab pizza slice>

Status
Not open for further replies.