Muppet College Dorms: The Next Semester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
(Catherine and Piggy are happily knoshing on the delicious food with Hilda and Leyla and a few new faces. Their drink glasses are empty, however, and Catherine goes back to refill them. She is just turning from the table when she stops, her mouth opens in surprise, and she hastily puts the glasses down so she can embrace first Kermit and then Fozzie. Fozzie holds on to Catherine wearily and she speaks to Kermit while returning Fozzie's hug.)
Catherine: Hey guys! I was beginning to get worried about you two. Where have you been?
Kermit: Well the train that goes to Morrow was already gone when we got to the station.
Catherine: (confused) Yes, but you weren't going to Morrow--you were coming here.
Kermit: I know--it took me this long to try to explain it to Fozzie. (they exchange merry glances) Anyway,we're here. Boy--something smells great.
Catherine: Oh--you must be starved. Here! (hands over glasses of iced tea with mint in it to Kermit) Find a seat and I'll bring you some food. Anything I should know about in the way of food?
Fozzie: (sounding very tired) Can you cut up my food for me? How about chewing it for me? I am soooo tired....
Catherine: Fozzie, c'mon, honey. Let's get you a place to sit. Hey Rowlf! Look who finally decided to grace us with their presence? Can Fozzie sit with you and Robin and Lisa while we get food? Great! (quietly to Kermit) Piggy's with Leyla and Hilda.
Kermit: Does she know?
Catherine: Haven't told her. She's not happy with the thought of getting roomies. I let it ride.
Kermit: (nervously) Do you, um, do you think this is going to work out okay?
Catherine: (muttering) Fine time to be asking!
Kermit: Well, we really appreciate you inviting us. We were sort of at loose ends after that TV pilot went south, and going back to school sounded great. They've got a class here on the influence of amphibians on classical theatre that sounds interesting.
Catherine: (with a hard look, while they fill two heaping plates with food) You're sortof avoiding the issue, I think.
Kermit: (gulping a little nervously) Um, well, you know, Piggy and I are both adults--
Catherine: (muttering) That's what I'm afraid of.
Kermit: What?
Catherine: Nothing....
Kermit: --and it's not the first time we've lived together. Um, I mean, lived together in a, um, dorm, um, situation. (He is blushing furiously.)
Catherine: (ignoring Kermit's blush) Right--and it seemed to go okay last year.
Kermit: (shifting uncomfortably) Yeah, um, but, you know, we didn't see a lot of each other last year.
Catherine: (very softly) Yes, I know. I was Piggy's roommate last semester, remember?
Kermit: Yeah, and, um, we were sortof not seeing a lot of each other then.
Catherine: Um hm. (looks at Kermit carefully) I sort of thought that was by design, not accident.
Kermit: Well, I've been thinking about things and I thought that maybe this would be a way for us to spend some time together when we weren't on the set all the time. When I got your letter saying that you and Piggy were coming back for another year I thought, what the hey! That's when I wrote you.
Catherine: Well, Ed arranged everything. You won't believe how beautiful the room is. Oh--where are your things?
Kermit: Station's sending them over no later than tomorrow because--
Catherine and Kermit together: --they'd already gone today.
(Catherine gives him a look.) Well, I can promise it won't be boring. C'mon--I think Fozzie's going to start gnawing the lawn chair. You want to come say "hi" to Piggy now or let me bring her over to say "hi" to you.
Kermit: (looking longingly at food) Um, I think I'd better go on over and say hi-ho now. Then eat.
Catherine: Good answer.
Kermit: Hey--it was really great of you to help me get Fozzie's course schedule approved. He's really looking forward to "Advanced Heckler Defense Strategy" and I was afraid they'd get full
Catherine: Yeah--new class and all. No problem--Ed knows everybody here. Oh--I'm in at least one sewing class with Hilda. It's going to be such a fun year!
Kermit: (stopping a few feet away from Piggy) Hey, Piggy.
(Piggy stops chewing, swallows and turns around as though she can't believe her perked-up ears.) K-Kermit?
Kermit: (taking the seat Catherine recently vacated and balancing his foot precariously) Yeah. I, um, enrolled again this semester. Me and Fozzie. We're going to be living in the dorm again.
Piggy: (trying hard not to look excited but failing miserably) Really? What room are you in.
Kermit: (very deliberately NOT looking at Catherine) Second floor. We're not unpacked or anything--our stuff hasn't even come over from the station yet.
Piggy: (trying belatedly to play things very cool) Well, perhaps we'll see each other, um, around.
Kermit: (giving Piggy a sweet smile) I think you can count on it, Piggy.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ho-hum... So what else's new Kyle? Aw come on Herry. You know you're a monster, and we like monsters around here. Come on buddy, we got you a cake for your B-Day, though it was yesterday... We decided to honor you tonight, along with the reopening. Now you sit down here with Kyle and the others and dig into the great food we got.
*Gets up, goes inside, and comes back with candles, birthday cake for Herry, and a warm chocolate mousse resting atop another Bavarian cake.
Had the second cake delivered by Angie at Mike's Bakery from here in town. OK, eat up and blow out the candles Herry.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
You know what guys? I'm exhausted. All the business of getting here, and moving in, and the party... I think I'l just go to bed. I'll finish unpackingl just go to bed now. I'll finish unpacking and submit my room discription tomorow...uh...sometime.
Lou: Tipical!
Quiet you!
Gobo: And what do you mean, "finish unpacking"? You haven't even started yet!
Me: *Ignoring him* Good night! *pulls pair of PJ's out of suitcase, shoves suitcase agains wall, and crawls under the nice cool covers*

Erine81981

Reaction score
The Count said:
Ho-hum... So what else's new Kyle? Aw come on Herry. You know you're a monster, and we like monsters around here. Come on buddy, we got you a cake for your B-Day, though it was yesterday... We decided to honor you tonight, along with the reopening. Now you sit down here with Kyle and the others and dig into the great food we got.
*Gets up, goes inside, and comes back with candles, birthday cake for Herry, and a warm chocolate mousse resting atop another Bavarian cake.
Had the second cake delivered by Angie at Mike's Bakery from here in town. OK, eat up and blow out the candles Herry.
Nothing new Ed. Just same old same old.

Herry: You remember my birthday. I thought ya'll all forgot.

Nah. I almost didn't. But you know we would never forget about your birthday.

Herry: Thank you Ed. Count? Can you blow out the candles for me. I don't want to blow the cake off the table.

Grover: This is *gobble, munch* good food. You are one awsome cook Ed.

Maurice: Hey there Mr. Ed. *munch, munch* I'm Maurice. Glad to meet you. Hey Count. Long time no see. Still counting?

Cookie M: *eatting pretty much everything*

Stop being a pig!

Cookie M: Me not pig. Me Cookie Monster.

Ooooh...*goes back to eating*

Erine81981

Reaction score
Oscar: Did someone forget about me?

No. *still eating*

Oscar: Then where's my food?

You get the left overs.

Oscar: My favorites! If you don't mind. I'm going to let my pets eat. Go for it guys!

All of Oscar's pets come running out of the trashcan

Watch out! *lifts up plate*

Spot: Oink! Oink! Oink!

Oscar: Over there Spot! Heh heh heh heh....

Iago Donkey: Hehaw! Hehaw! Hehaw! *kicks someone plate up in the air*

Stop it Oscar! Tell them to stop! We're going to have a mess here.

Oscar: Just what I want to happen.

OSCAR!

Oscar: Heh heh heh heh heh....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Kyle. Good to meet you Maurice, I bet Sara would like to meet another character helped out by Mr. Richard Hunt.
Count: Yes, still counting. It'll be OK Herry, just blow gently, like María taught you vhen you stayed overnight at her home.
*Larger Muppet monsters herd Oscar and his pets offstage to the sides.

*Clinks glass with his spoon... Hey guys, thanks for showing up at the dorms reopening party... And for Herry's birthday as well.
To close this gathering, I'd like to leave you with a song in your hearts. The song is "This Used To Be Our Playground" from the movie A League of Their Own. Had some time to think about it...
*At Sara: Thanks for the lyrics.
Fact is, this song captures hexactly how I feel about the MC Dorms, how it always cheers me up and sometimes makes me laugh, going through the ups and downs here at MC. So...

*Starts singing by himself, though everybody at the dorms joins in on a verse or two.
This used to be my playground. Chorus: Used to be.
This used to be my childhood dream.
This used to be the place I ran to.
Whenever I was in need.
Of a friend.
Why did it have to end?
And why do they always say.

Dont look back.
Keep your head held high.
Dont ask them why.
Because life is short.
And before you know.
You're feeling old.
And your heart is breaking.
Dont hold on to the past.
Well thats too much to ask.

*Scenes of the kidlike Muppet roommates playing around the patio area.
Chorus: Live and learn.
Well the years they flew.
And we never knew.
We were foolish then.
We would never tire.
And that little fire.
Is still alive in me.
It will never go away.
Cant say goodbye to yesterday. Chorus: Cant say goodbye.

Chorus: No regrets.
But I wish that you.
Were here with me.
Well then there's hope yet.
I can see your face.
In our secret place.
You're not just a memory.
Say goodbye to yesterday. Chorus: The dream.
Those are words I'll never say. Chorus: I'll never say.

This used to be my playground. Chorus: Used to be.
This used to be our pride and joy.
This used to be the place we ran to.
That no one in the world could dare destroy.

*Grownups passing platters across the table serving their young wards, while the singing continues.
This used to be our playground. Chorus: Used to be.
This used to be our childhood dream.
I wish you were standing here with me.

*Rowlf can be seen playing at the piano in time with the melody, some Fraggles listening nearby.
This used to be our great escape.
This used to be our secret hiding place.

This used to be our childhood dream.
The best things in life are always free.
Wishing you were here with me.
*The singing ends as bats fly in and out helping to clear away empty dishes and glasses.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Kim: Lovely party, Count. It's nice to be back in the dorms.
Gillis: Yes, it most definately is. And I loved the song, I must say.
Tosh: Yeah, it was really nice.
Kim: Anyway, we'd best be getting back to our room. I've got to work tomorrow--
Roomies: AGAIN?!?
Kim: Yes, again you wisenheimers. School loans and such don't pay for themselves, y'know. Anyway, just wanted to say we loved the party, and good night.
Roomies: Night!

*as they head back to Room 19*
Kim: Just to warn you guys, we're back to our regular Saturday hours, so I'll be back at 5 tomorrow instead of 2.
Betty Lou: That's when the big hand is on the 12, and the little hand is pointing at 5.
Kim: Exactly right, Betty Lou. I trust that you guys can occupy yourselves while I'm gone tomorrow - safely and sanely, I might add?
Gillis: Of course we can! I'll probably be working on a new composition.
Betty Lou: I might organize my doll collection.
Boober: Tosh and I might wander around the dorms, say hi to Red, Mokey, Wembley, Gobo and Lou and let them know we're here.
Kim: You didn't get a chance to say hi to them at the party?
Tosh: Nope. And after that, we'll probably take Beast for a walk.
Beast: *nodding excitedly* Yeah yeah yeah!
Boober: *whimpers*
Kim: Steady, Boober...

-Kim

Leyla

Reaction score
<Leyla and Hilda are sleepily moving the last of the boxes into the room. The Jim Henson Farmer, infamous for singing "Put Another Log on the Fire", among other things, is poking cautiously into the ushy gushy girl cage.>

Jim: A lot of ruckus in there while you were out shindigging like ain't proper for young ladies.
<Hilda looks at the sleeping figure inside the cage with some anxiety>

Leyla: Oh, don't fret about her. I sort of expected this, what with the neighbours and all the excitment of moving in. Lisa's just finished another chapter of Flippersteps. I'll tuck in there in case she wakes during the night. That'll keep her happy.

Hilda:<shrug> If you say so. <brightening> Wasn't it wonderful spending time with everyone? I didn't realise Kermit and Fozzie would be rooming with Miss Piggy and Catherine.

Leyla:<grins> Mmm... Piggy herself doesn't realize yet either. I think it's lovely.

Hilda: <dryly> I think it's trouble!

Leyla<looks around the room with a thoughtful frown.>: So much to do tommorow in here. <tilts head and smiles thoughtfully> It's been a while since I've been in a dorm, and never one quite like this. You know, I heard it through the grapevine that Ed approves our presence here. That means a lot.

Hilda: Yes, well, you worry too much. As a wise bear once said, "They're weirdos, but they're nice weirdos." We'll be settled in before you know it. I still think we should be more worried about trouble brmming up next door.

Leyla <shakes head> Ru can handle whatever they throw at her, believe me. I just hope I can handle our own little crisis.

<Leyla and Hilda turn in unison to look at the double bed where Wanda is stretched out dramatically, her face streaked with tears. Jimmy boy has completely ignored her.>

Hilda: <hushed> She finally dropped off, I see.

Leyla: <sigh> Yep. I'm sure she'll get over that little spat with W-

Wanda: <sits up suddenly> Don't you mention that creep's name in my presence!

Leyla: <moving over to sit on the bed> I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-

Wanda: Do you know what he said to me?! Do you?!

Hilda: <hushed, yet audible> How could we know? You've only been repeating it since Tueday.

Wanda: He called me a no talent hack! Me!

Leyla <wincing at the volume of Wanda's voice> Oh, that's certainly not... that's... um... <slowly> That's the pot calling the kettle black for sure.

Hilda snickers.

Wanda: I never want to see him again!

Leyla: Well... let's not even think about it right now, dear. It's been a full day. Let's say we get some sleep. <whispers to Hilda> We'll let her have the big bed until she feels better, hmm?

Hilda: They're going to walk all over you, you know that, don't you?

Leyla: <shrug> Maybe, but that includes you too, so think of that. I'm in the sleeping bag next to the UG cage. Wanda... Wanda? Oh, she's out again. Jimmy, we'll let Hilda have the nicer cot... just for tonight, yes? Good, and you'll have this one here. Look, there's a picture of a farm on the pillow.

<They get settled and Leyla flicks off the lights.>

Leyla: Goodnight!

Java

Reaction score
<Bangs and thuds are heard as Sprocket hums his way through his trunk looking for something to do>

<Melissa climbs down from bed>

Sprocket, you are making to much noise, to early in the morning. Just what is it you're looking for?

Arr, roo arr roo roo. <Mimes rollerskating as he responds>

I think that it's to early for that. Besides the remains of Ernesto is still causing rain.

Rawrf, arrgh.

Well, I suppose you could find somewhere here to rollerskate but I'm not sure where yet.

That was a wonderful party last night. I think we're going to have a lot of fun this year, don't you?

<Sprocket nods head>

<Let's Sprocket go back to his search and sits down at the computer to write.>

Erine81981

Reaction score
Maurice: Glad we finally got everything put up.

Me too Maurice. Gald to see your liking your stay here.

Maurice: All I had to do it get used to it. Now what?

Food time! I'm hungry. Are you?

Maurice: What are we going to eat?

Something that sould make the rest of the other monsters wake up.

Maurice: Monster Meal?

Your correct.

Maurice: Yeah!

*starts making the meal*

Status
Not open for further replies.