Muppet College Dorms: The Next Semester

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEAR

Reaction score
(On Sesame Street)

Bry: (coming out of Big Bird's doors after visitting him) Oh, hi, Kyle. Hi, Oscar. Hey, little Slimey! (pats his tiny head). What's going on? Oh, are you reading Slimey a story, Oscar? Mind if I listen too? By the way, Kyle. I understand it was Herry's birthday today. Have you gotten him a present yet? I'm just not sure what to get him, but we should go shopping tomorrow before heading back to the dorms.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Ed...check PMs as far as birthdays go.I didn't know about two of them though.Sah-ree

Erine81981

Reaction score
BEAR said:
(On Sesame Street)

Bry: (coming out of Big Bird's doors after visitting him) Oh, hi, Kyle. Hi, Oscar. Hey, little Slimey! (pats his tiny head). What's going on? Oh, are you reading Slimey a story, Oscar? Mind if I listen too? By the way, Kyle. I understand it was Herry's birthday today. Have you gotten him a present yet? I'm just not sure what to get him, but we should go shopping tomorrow before heading back to the dorms.
Oh no! I todally forgot about Herry's b-day. Oooh he's going to be mad. I seems to forget when I'm not at the dorms now that the dorms aren't open I forget.

Oscar: Hold it down! You'll wake up Slimey.

Sorry Oscar. Thanks Bry. I think that would be a good thing to do. Well get him something tomorrow for his b-day. It will be like us getting him something new for the reopening of the dorms. Good idea. Good night Oscar. (whispers) Good night Slimey. *pats his head* Come on Bry. Well think of something while we head on to the hotel.

Oscar: Good riddens.

BEAR

Reaction score
Katzi428 said:
Ed...check PMs as far as birthdays go.I didn't know about two of them though.Sah-ree

I also sent a list of Sesame b-days, Ed. Would be nice to have a calendar of birthdays so we know when and who to celebrate.

BEAR

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Oh no! I todally forgot about Herry's b-day. Oooh he's going to be mad. I seems to forget when I'm not at the dorms now that the dorms aren't open I forget.

Oscar: Hold it down! You'll wake up Slimey.

Sorry Oscar. Thanks Bry. I think that would be a good thing to do. Well get him something tomorrow for his b-day. It will be like us getting him something new for the reopening of the dorms. Good idea. Good night Oscar. (whispers) Good night Slimey. *pats his head* Come on Bry. Well think of something while we head on to the hotel.

Oscar: Good riddens.
Yeah, Kyle. Hopefully we won't run into Humphrey and Ingrid on our way to our rooms. Those two are nuts!

Erine81981

Reaction score
It's Benny Rabbit. Hey Benny. Are Humphrey and Ingrid around?

Bellhop Benny Rabbit: Yep. There right there at the desk but there asleep.

Well please don't let them two see us or well never make it to our rooms. *sneaks in* (whispers) Come on Bryan. *tippy toes* Good we made it. Well I'm going on to take a bath. Hope there's not other zoo animals in my bath tub. Good night Bryan. See you in the morning.

BEAR

Reaction score
(laughs) Night, buddy. Meet you at Hooper's for breakfast?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. OK, here are some updates.
Kyle, still need your room number, check your PM.

B-Days still missing:
Ally: Emmett Otter's B-Day, Jerry Nelson's same birthday or the original airdate of Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas.
Beth: Red Fraggle's B-Day.
Can be January 10 (original airdate of Beginnings), Karen Prell's B-Day, or October 5 as you suggested.
Kate: Gobo, Wembley and Lou Fraggles' B-Days.
Can be January 10 (original airdate of Beginnings) or their respective Muppeteers B-Days.
Kim: The Beast's B-Day.
Lisa: Rowlf The Dog and The Swedish Chef B-Days.
Melissa: Sprocket's B-Day can be January 10 )original airdate of Beginnings); Room Number Choice.
Sara: Scooter's B-Day, Richard Hunt's B-Day or airdate of his first appearance on Muppet production/special.

Will PM a few people regarding their roommate choices.
As soon as this has been sorted out, along with furryredmonster's and MuppetNewsGirl's submissions, we should be ready to open. Hope all of you reply soon, and have a good day.

Now then... Off to have breakfast, watch SS Episode 4118, and chase after some penguins.

BEAR

Reaction score
:zany: : (pops up) Ha ha! They'll never catch me!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Here we are, ready for another year at Muppet College Dorms.
Before we begin, a few announcements.

Today's College Colors Day... So I hope to see you wearing some form of Kermit green and golden brown in your clothes when we gather for a celebratory Opening Night dinner later today. Will let you know if it'll be in the common room or outside patio area.

For those of you who are new members, here's a description of the dorms facilities.
*Please remember this narrations speaks as if you were looking directly head-on at the dormhouse building.
Imagine a white marble four-story dormhouse building, only three floors visible above or on the ground, the last is a completely submerged basement floor. A flight of stooplike stairs lead to the outer front doors, two large green rectangular doors like the ones from 1-2-3 Sesame Street. The building's base has two slightly raised banisters flanking the stooped stairs, demarking the basement floor's outside tucked-in window or balcony area. The main dormhouse also features a garden patio with outer deck to its immediate left, a parking lot for assorted vehicles behind the main building, support beams holding up two overhanging balconies on both sides of the building's rear side on the third floor for the eventual addition of the Electric Mayhem's members, and a well-kept pool house located just behind the building's rear righthand corner. There's a pathway that connects the two, you'll need a key to access the pools. Lastly, you'll find a flagpole up on the rooftop landing displaying an unfurled banner of Kermit The Frog, next to the chimney.

When you walk in through the main outer doors, the lobby will be right in front of you. Plush dark coffee brown carpeting lines the lobby's floors, elegant comfortable chairs and a couple of hand-crafted nightstand tables are available for the weary traveler, and a mahogany desk can all be found here. If you'll notice, this is the sign-in desk. Marble numbers from 1 to 59 are sculpted in place on the backwall behind the desk, shining keys hang from the pegs below, and mailslots are located just next to each number for that person's letters or packages. Whenever a new applicant for residency comes in, simply ring the bell and I'll try to get you accomodated in our happy home as quickly as I can. Some of my beautiful bats will promptly deliver your luggage to your room if you need a helping hand. Once you've gotten your key, we proceed t find your matching room. The spiral staircase has been replaced, noone ever really used it. In it's place, you'll find a vending machine with snacks and another with soda, juice, and water. There's a shelf in between the machines burdened with maps of our fair town of Hensonville along with a few extra copies of the more recent popular fanfictional tales purchased from the Coming Unbound bookstore.

If you'll follow me, we now pass through the dark brown swinging door that separates the lobby from the hallway with all the dorm's rooms. The room layout's generally the same, but here are some tips to help you guys out.
*Remember you're looking at this head-on: so left is your own left, right is your own right.
Picture a long rectangular box on your left, a big squarish room in the center, and another long rectangular box on the right.
Each rectangular box would be one of the hallways, with eight rooms each.
The West Wing halls would be the ones found in the rectangular box on the right, the East Wing the box on the left.
Common Rooms are the big squarish ones in the center. Each floor's common room has its own carpeting: white glowing numbers from 1 to 13 on the first floor's, yellow rubber duckies on the second's, bright red radishes on the third's, and smiling green Kermit faces on the fourth's. Each floor's common room features big plexiglass bay windows, though only two strips are left visible due to the rest of the ammenities therein. You'll find that each common room hosts all of the followin:
Sink for washing hands or kitchenware.
Dishwaser.
Microwave, oven, and stove for cooking.
Wooden cabinets to store groceries.
White double refrigerator and freezer unit.
Tooled table and chairs with seating for eight people or Muppets at a time.
Comfy couch for sleepy wanderers.
Big screen TV entertainment console for group TV or movie events.
These common rooms also house a faded grayish trashcan in the rear left corner and an Old World furnace in the rear right corner. The furnace connects with the chimney, but don't worry about getting burned as there's no fire there. Instead, the furnace serves as a functional elevator manned by Seymour from Muppets Tonight.
Seymour will be exempt from roommate status, please interact with him freely but don't overabuse the privilege.
The elevator doors are painted in a motley psychadelic rainbow pattern, MC Radio piping inthanks to the connection routed by Kathy who works there.

The hallways' rooms are arranged in a 4x2 layout, here's the basic floor plan.
If facing a particular floor's common room, please turn 90º so you now have the wall at the end of the corridor in front though somewhat far away from where you're standing at the exact center of that entire floor.
Floor 1: West Wing has Rooms #1, 3, 5, and 7 on your left.
Floor 1: West Wing has Rooms #2, 4, 6, and the dorm's Laundry Room on your right.
Floor 1: East Wing has Rooms #8, 10, 12, and 14 on your right.
Floor 1: East Wing has Rooms #9, 11, 13, and the Floor 1 Bathrooms on your left.
Floor 2: West Wing has Rooms #15, 17, 19, and 21 on your left.
Floor 2: West Wing has Rooms #16, 18, 20, and 22 on your right.
Floor 2: East Wing has Rooms #23, 25, 27, and 29 on your right.
Floor 2: East Wing has Rooms #24, 26, 28, and the Floor 2 Bathrooms on your left.
Floor 3: West Wing has Rooms #30, 32, 34, and 36 on your left.
Floor 3: West Wing has Rooms #31, 33, 35, and 37 on your right.
Floor 3: East Wing has Rooms #38, 40, 42, and 44 on your right.
Floor 3: East Wing has Rooms #39, 41, 43, and the Floor 3 Bathrooms on your left.
Floor 4: West Wing has Rooms #45, 47, 49, and 51 on your left.
Floor 4: West Wing has Rooms #46, 48, 50, and 52 on your right.
Floor 4: East Wing has Rooms #53, 55, 57, and 59 on your right.
Floor 4: East Wing has Rooms #54, 56, 58, and the Floor 4 Bathrooms on your left.
Finally, there's a private office located on the basement floor hidden beneath what would be the main floor's lobby area. This is my personal office, where meetings with perspective residents or the review committee's members can take place. Review committee meetings will be used to plan for birthdays, special events such as group outings, or even to confer possible evictions.
Hope this helps set you guys straight and welcome to the MC Dorms!

Status
Not open for further replies.