Muppet Central Couples

Skye

Reaction score
unclematt said:
I will be happy as long as she is happy
I agree, that is really sweet of you, Matt (and I think I've seen you mention her before). And that's how you know you really care about somebody. When you just want to see them happy. :smile:

unclematt

Reaction score
I probably have mentioned her. Her name is Amanda and I hang out with her five out of the seven days of the week and we miss each other if we go for more than two days without seeing eachother. We will be bartending together for the Superbowl. I live ten minutes from Chicago so it is a big one. I love her.

Skye

Reaction score
You bet, Amanda is the one I was thinking about! Your relationship with her sounds so sweet. It's really great to be that close to somebody, though I'm sorry you two can't be more than best friends since you do seem to want that very much. I wish you both the best of luck. I hope that someday, you can find someone that you love just as much as you love Amanda. And I do hope that she can always stay happy so you will always be happy as well! :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
It's a strange but reassuring feeling to know that your special meant-for-you sweetie is not only out there, but probably wondering where you are at as well. That's how I feel about myself. I can almost feel her out there, somewhere in the ether...wondering where I am. Perhaps she is curled up reading a book...the soft hush of a cat next to her. Clearly, life will reveal ourselves to eachother when the moment is right, grooving to the beat of nowhere in particular.
Well, that's my belief anyways. To me you should only be with someone if they fill you up with complete meltyness, and you inspire eachother with all sorts of inspiration for creativity; as well they get your sense of humor and get you period on all sorts of levels where others may not. Then again, sometimes I am too much of a dreamer. I do wish to find a girl before I would ever be successful with my goals in life.

unclematt said:
William, what it really comes down to is I am one of those pathetic saps who has fallen in love with his best friend. I have a great relationship with her, we do everything together and I would never want to ruin that. I approve of her boyfriend and am glad that she has found a man that treats her so well and is not intimidated by the fact that her best friend is a guy. I love her so much that I will be happy as long as she is happy.
Man tho, that stinks to have fallen in love with a close female friend...someone you know deep down gives you those melty feelings. The question is, objectively, does her boyfriend give her the kind of meltyness you would give her if you were together? It also highlights my theory that guys and girls cannot be just friends without one or the other developing feelings...unless 1) both find eachother very unattractive or 2) both are taken

Skye

Reaction score
beaker said:
Well, that's my belief anyways. To me you should only be with someone if they fill you up with complete meltyness, and you inspire eachother with all sorts of inspiration for creativity; as well they get your sense of humor and get you period on all sorts of levels where others may not. Then again, sometimes I am too much of a dreamer. I do wish to find a girl before I would ever be successful with my goals in life.
Well Cory, I have to say that if you're too much of a dreamer because of this paragraph, then I guess I'm too much of a dreamer, too! :smile: I completely agree. That is a big part of what a romantic relationship is all about... that meltyness that you both can't help but feel for each other, the way that you get and understand each other like no one else can, the way they inspire you to want to be better, to follow your dreams... the way you have their support and they make you feel like you can do anything in the world. I think just about everyone dreams about and desperately wants to find a relationship just like that... one that can last forever.

beaker said:
It also highlights my theory that guys and girls cannot be just friends without one or the other developing feelings...unless 1) both find eachother very unattractive or 2) both are taken
Honestly, I think that's kinda sad. I like to think that guys and girls can be friends without falling for each other even if both are single and even if both find each other even slightly attractive. Though, I've had a few of my guy friends fall for me in the past, and I do hear about friends falling for each other sometimes, so... who knows, I guess. I'm sure there are some guys and girls who can be just friends without falling for each other. I think it just depends.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It is definitely possible for men and women to be friends without developing feelings. Otherwise we couldn't function in the workplace. We aren't attracted to every person we see after all. And even if we do find someone "attractive", that doesn't mean serious feelings have to develop. :smile:

unclematt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by beaker
It also highlights my theory that guys and girls cannot be just friends without one or the other developing feelings...unless 1) both find eachother very unattractive or 2) both are taken

I disagree. Amanda and I are only friends. Wjile my feelings go deeper I would never risk losing her friendship. Her friendship is not worth losing for a relationshil that minght not work out in the long run anyway.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
aww this thread gives me hope of finding that one special muppet fan girl i want

Teheheman

Reaction score
Actually, I find that to be true. Sometimes you develop feelings for the other person that they don't seem to have for you or that you don't have for the other person. I've done that to somebody before, and I'm sure that the person I'm talking to will do that to me. I like people who are in a relationship because it's easier not to develop feelings toward them, it does kinda suck when they start talking about their spouses and you're single. Maybe it's just me I guess.

Daniel

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Skye said:
Honestly, I think that's kinda sad. I like to think that guys and girls can be friends without falling for each other even if both are single and even if both find each other even slightly attractive. Though, I've had a few of my guy friends fall for me in the past, and I do hear about friends falling for each other sometimes, so... who knows, I guess. I'm sure there are some guys and girls who can be just friends without falling for each other. I think it just depends.

I wouldn't reccomend falling in love with a friend. Especially one who has been a friend for a really long time. Sorry, but it just doesn't work. Or maybe I've just had a not-so-great experience. (I broke up with him yesterday. :cry: )