Muppet Central Couples

unclematt

Reaction score
She does. I love her so much but the more I love her the more it hurts.

beaker

Reaction score
unclematt said:
She does. I love her so much but the more I love her the more it hurts.
One could say...if she was really your friend, wouldnt she understand these feelings? And have some time to mull over them? Perhaps she feels similarly?

Ilikemuppets said:
I would encourage you to be persistant with her, Matt. Don't over do it and don't be so annoying that you'll push her away. But just remember that it's the little things and the thoughtful things that you do for sombody that really count and that they really remember. Those kind of things have the biggist inpact in somone's life andspeak volumes. I can't say for sure, but mayby she is not resdy to commit to a relationship right now. Maybe she is weighing her options. But remeber to be yourself nd about what really matters and I shur when she makes her choice about who to be with, You're sure to be her first choice. I sure she might know how much you care about her, she ma just not be showing it. But you never know. Of course, being honest and direct and telling and showing her how you feel about her is always a plus. Good luck!
I've actually done all of these things and more over the years here and there with female friends I developed feelings for...it was always "oh, youre such a rad guy...youd make a great bf someday!" (as she goes on complaining about lame guys she dates and whatnot)

I myself have been rejected more times than an Israeli/Palestinian peace deal, and have found that be it when I was 12 or 28, revealing feelings for a female friend no matter how melty the chemistry may seem to be...always ends with me getting slapped with the "I just see you as a friend" label(of course most the time after ya reveal feelings, all the sudden she starts distancing herself from ya)

Ilikemuppets said:
I'm sorry if that makes you feel bad being alone, but it's just how I feel.
Hey, how could that make anyone feel bad, heck it should renew people's hopes!
I LOVE how people are freely discussing their inner thoughts on this subject. It's good to see people grateful to have found love, honest about if they are cynical on the whole thing. Heck I myself am bitter in some ways, I don't think it's right
that I am 29 and never really had a girlfriend and have had to wait to find that special someone(I like Bill and Skye's esoteric against the grain views on things happening for a reason)

unclematt said:
Originally Posted by beaker
It also highlights my theory that guys and girls cannot be just friends without one or the other developing feelings...unless 1) both find eachother very unattractive or 2) both are taken

I disagree. Amanda and I are only friends. Wjile my feelings go deeper I would never risk losing her friendship. Her friendship is not worth losing for a relationshil that minght not work out in the long run anyway.
Aww, but your feelings for her go deeper than her feelings for you, from what I gather from your post. One or the other(or both sometimes) of the people in a male/female plutonic relationships a lot of the time is bound to have at least passing thoughts, entertaining notions and "what if" yearnings.

Frogpuppeteer said:
aww this thread gives me hope of finding that one special muppet fan girl i want
Heck yeah, now this is what I wanna hear! Seeing people not being able to find anyone for so long is sad to me, as it perhaps reflects my own dreams.

Beakerfan said:
I wouldn't reccomend falling in love with a friend. Especially one who has been a friend for a really long time. Sorry, but it just doesn't work. Or maybe I've just had a not-so-great experience. (I broke up with him yesterday.
Sorry about that. But I think if the two people are older, and BOTH have those butterflies, I always say go for it.

beaker

Reaction score
Skye said:
Well Cory, I have to say that if you're too much of a dreamer because of this paragraph, then I guess I'm too much of a dreamer, too! :smile: I completely agree. That is a big part of what a romantic relationship is all about... that meltyness that you both can't help but feel for each other, the way that you get and understand each other like no one else can, the way they inspire you to want to be better, to follow your dreams... the way you have their support and they make you feel like you can do anything in the world. I think just about everyone dreams about and desperately wants to find a relationship just like that... one that can last forever.
Hey, if the Muppet Movie taught us anything, it's that it's GOOD to be a dreamer:smile: Besides, I think A LOT of us have or currently feel like Gonzo from Muppet Babies. Some guys(Kermit) have all the luck, some of us(Gonzo) have none. But yeah, people shouldnt just go into convenience, but should be guided by the meltyness. To me that is the raddest.

When you can find a person that can truly understand you like noone else can...like an ancient dialect finally deciphered, and you inspire eachother. It's always wow. It's just heartbreaking when the other person cant complete the circle, and make that final leap toward taking a chance on ya, dating you or seeing you in a non plutonic light. We then HAVE to believe it's fate, and not meant to be. Otherwise, what's the point other than to languish and toil in hurt and disappointment.

Ultimately, again I can't be *as* bitter about lack of luck with girls as I may seem, as I have to come to the conclusion I am being kept for the person who will light me up like no other could, understand me like no other, and be a team mate on all sorts of creativity and adventures.

Skye said:
Honestly, I think that's kinda sad. I like to think that guys and girls can be friends without falling for each other even if both are single and even if both find each other even slightly attractive. Though, I've had a few of my guy friends fall for me in the past, and I do hear about friends falling for each other sometimes, so... who knows, I guess. I'm sure there are some guys and girls who can be just friends without falling for each other. I think it just depends.
All Im saying, is that a lot of times, one person or the other will have passing "hmmm..." thoughts at the very least. Even if said entertaining notions are never uttered or acted on.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
beaker said:
Hey, how could that make anyone feel bad, heck it should renew people's hopes!
Well, perhaps it should renew people's hope. But I think most people tend to have the opposite reaction and it's perfectly normal. Hope is all very well, but it's difficult when you want something and you just don't have it, and other people do. Like how you don't enjoy seeing rich people on TV talk about all the money and benefits they have.

I'm not complaining about anything ilikemuppets has said though, I know no one is trying to hurt anyone's feelings. :smile:

There was a classic Sesame Street clip posted on youtube a few months ago. Placido Flamingo decides he's fallen in love with Maria. But she has to make him understand; he may want to marry her, but if she doesn't, the deal is off. Period. Love must be between two people. It was a surprisingly mature topic for them to bring up back in the end (Something they'd never do now, but that's another topic! Lol).

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well you have to remember beaker that Kermit may been lucky, but he shur did take it for gramted, thought. So in a way, Piggy was in the same kind of ordeal as Gonzo was. Where you want something that you just can't have

Anyway, I feel ya beaker! I've been slapped with "were just friends" or "that's really sweet and everything, but I like you as just a friend." more times then I know how to count. And I've deffently gone out of my way to show affection and have giving my full and undivide attention to somone only for them to either back away for you or fall for sombody else. It's like everybody things your a great guy and rooting for you, but when the time comse to get serious about a relationship, nobody will step up to the plate. You kinda just go around life heart broken all the time. But I guee I just take it to mean that it was not meant to be. But that's why I believe that there has to be a person that is meant gor every person out their weather anyone believes this porsonally or not.

But for me, it like Caroline has mended a broken heart, mended a lifetime of herdship, and lifetime of pain, a lifetime or rejection after rejection and made better, forever. How could she not be the right person for me? She didn't tell me no, she didn't just back away form me. We just fell for each other. I mean magis is really the only way that I can describe it. I think it was fate, I think it's destiny. We are suppost to be.

I guess your toright that me talking about it should renew ppeople's hopes. But I guess some people like to wallo in their own pity. And they can correct me on it if I'm wrong. I don't know what anybody's porsonal believes are but I would encourage anybody out there to keep trying, don't give up because their is someone out their just for you. As simple as that advise sounds it's true.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
So in a way, Piggy was in the same kind of ordeal as Gonzo was. Where you want something that you just can't have
Good point, I hadn't thought of that. Interesting how these things feed into each other. It does seem that being too overbearing or trying too hard (the way Piggy and Gonzo do) are counter productive to getting what you want. Kermit is attractive because he doesn't seem desperate. :smile:

Skye

Reaction score
heralde said:
Good point, I hadn't thought of that. Interesting how these things feed into each other. It does seem that being too overbearing or trying too hard (the way Piggy and Gonzo do) are counter productive to getting what you want. Kermit is attractive because he doesn't seem desperate.
That is a really interesting point that William made, I had never thought of Miss Piggy like that either. Yeah, Kermit doesn't seem desperate. But some people don't look at that as desperate... they look at it as the person just really, really wanting to be with them. And some people respond to that way more and like it much better than someone being easygoing about it. Anyway, that's just what I think, hehe. :smile:
beaker said:
That's really great, Cory. Ultimately, again I can't be *as* bitter about lack of luck with girls as I may seem, as I have to come to the conclusion I am being kept for the person who will light me up like no other could, understand me like no other, and be a team mate on all sorts of creativity and adventures.
I really wish you good luck with that! :smile:
And I do see what you mean about single friends wondering what it would be like to be with each other, Cory. And sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't, but I do see what you mean about it being a general wondering.

I've thought about what it might be like for you guys to have told someone how you feel only to have them like you only as a friend. That's gotta be so hard, and it is always hard when you have feelings for someone and they don't have them for you. A really hard thing to deal with. I do hope everyone here who wants to can find the person who makes them forget about any troubles they've had or pain they've felt in their lives because of romantic or possible romantic relationships. Love can be tough sometimes. But it can be really great, too.

Teheheman

Reaction score
The only bad thing about going that extra step is you can't go back to being "just friends" after you hooked up. Unless you mutually break it off, but when you love that person with every being of your soul, then it gets kinda difficult to kinda put aside the "love" aspect and go back to the 'buddy' system. Sometimes, I'm glad I'm single and don't have to worry about it. Other times, I just wanna punch a couple in the nose. No offense, I just don't like lovey-dovey couples, makes me think that they're just rubbing their nose in my misery.

Daniel

Skye

Reaction score
You're right about that, Daniel. I do think, though, that if you're really good friends and you have deep mutual respect for each other, you can continue to be friends and it might not be too much of a problem. And honestly, I do just want to say that lovey-dovey couples certainly aren't trying to make you feel bad or anything. It's just that sometimes, it is really nice to be able to share our feelings, and of course we do it privately, but it's also nice to be able to do it at other random times... and in random threads, I guess. Anyway, I did just want to say that. Oh wait, one more thing. Yeah, you thought I was gonna be quiet now, huh? :wink: Hehe, sorry. But, I also want to say... try to enjoy whatever is going on in your life at any one time. It can be hard to be patient, but what is supposed to happen will happen in its own time. So yeah, I just wanted to say that.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah that true heralde, sometimes you can push people away by coming on too hard. But their truth to that part of Kermit's appeal is that he does not seem desperate.

That's good advise Caroline. I'm not just saying that because I'm your boyfriend and an suppost to say it, but it truely is good advice. But you right, Caroline. It is all how an individual looks at it. Somtimes it is that persom really wanting to be with somone, and somtime that can lead to desperateness, though. And people do resond to it differently. Some people like that approach that and some prefer easy going. Sometimes you just have to take it easy, hehe! I think that love is tough somtimes, but it is worth it. But it is both. It has it's ups and downs.

Daniel, some couples do not want to go back to being just friends. and don't view that as a bad thing at all. They do not want to break up. I think thay you can be in love and be best friends, in fact you can become even better friends. I know personally I never want to put aside the love aspect and go back to the "buddy" system. I'm in a relationship and I know I don't worry about it. Haha, but couple's are just in love with each other. You know, somtime I think you have to be in one to really understand how that feel. Somtimes we just get the urge to want to profess our love for each other to the whole world. We really cannot help it. But as far as rubbing in in your misery, somtimes they do not even know that you aer even single. But it is good to let people know how you feel in case you need support about that or anything, you know!