Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetperson

Reaction score
The continuation of this line depends on how well they sell.Kermit has not sold well, considering it is taking over 12 months to sell 2,500.I say it isnt encouraging to hear that an accessory pack has been cancelled because it shows MR can see that the demand isnt there and they could easily stop the line if Animal and Gonzo dont sell well.I really wish the line will do well but there are a few dark clouds hanging around.Lets hope they blow away.

goodrastus

Reaction score
Sorry muppetguy - I wasn't referring to you when I left my message. To be honest, it took me a long time to get Kermit because of the pics I saw and I was also hesitant about Animal although it only took me a week to get him after Kermit arrived. MR would do themselves a lot of favours by taking pictures that promote the replicas much better. They don't do themselves justice at all. I think that minor change would make some sort of impact on moving their product. It is a fantastic product! Their marketing/advertising people just don't know how to market it that well. With Gonzo, I will again wait to see what he looks like but as soon as I see decent photos I will happily hand over my money! :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Are people implying that the line is in trouble because the accessories have been cancelled?
They must think long and hard before investing the money in creating a new product. We have seen pre-orders for Gonzo so i would guess we'd see him, but the sales of Kermit, Animal and the pre-orders of Gonzo will matter heaps before they put that Fozzie prototype into mass production and up for pre-order. I'm sure they don't expect these to sell out instantly anyway, but i just think Fozzie is the stronger product and if he is cancelled because of Gonzo sales (especially seeing as it could be just as much about their poor design affecting sales) i will not be happy, lol.

Bear Man

Reaction score
I was definitely in favour of bumping Gonzo for Fozzie, since I'm convinced that the sales of Animal and Gonzo will not be enough to justify Fozzie being made, which really disappoints me (being the huge Fozzie fan I am).

Although I think it's important to keep in mind that we only ever saw Terry's prototypes of Fozzie, so we have no idea what would have happened to them in China (Terry's Gonzo prototypes looked great too)

Luke

Reaction score
There's a lot less wrong they can get with the Fozz, as long as they use the right fur and colors. I could see Piggy being quite a challenge. Ideal strong line up would have probably been Kermit, Fozzie, Animal, Gonzo, Rizzo, Piggy. That way people might buy Fozzie to go with Kermit, Rizzo to go with Gonzo etc. I hope we still see them all!

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I have been with MR for man of years now. I know for a fact that there are items on there website that have been around for a long time...more than a year, but they keep making more to that line. Look at the Disney statues or the Pirates stuff. None of those have sold out, but they are making newer items for that line. I don't think the sales of these are so much as what everyone is thinking. Also, there are only a handful of Kermits left according to the MR website or was it Amy? I don't remember. But for one year having that many sold is pretty good. Just cause something does not seel out fast does not mean it is the end in all cases. It could also mean that they cannot financially can't afford to make the probuct as well. If the can make up to Piggy, I will be the happiest person. So all in all, I hope we are all just dreaming for now.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have been with MR for man of years now. I know for a fact that there are items on there website that have been around for a long time...more than a year, but they keep making more to that line. Look at the Disney statues or the Pirates stuff. None of those have sold out, but they are making newer items for that line. I don't think the sales of these are so much as what everyone is thinking. Also, there are only a handful of Kermits left according to the MR website or was it Amy? I don't remember. But for one year having that many sold is pretty good. Just cause something does not seel out fast does not mean it is the end in all cases. It could also mean that they cannot financially can't afford to make the probuct as well. If the can make up to Piggy, I will be the happiest person. So all in all, I hope we are all just dreaming for now.
I wonder what Master Replica's "cash cow" product is? The one(s) that allow for the harder-to-sell/higher end products like the Pirates busts and Gonzos. :concern: :confused:

Telly

Reaction score
I think I would've bumped Fozzie after Kermit, Gonzo, then Rizzo, then Piggy, and then maybe Animal.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
My theory is since they got "three" Fozzie Bear Prototypes WAY before next years pre-order date. It should not give them no reason to have these out late, and no reason to keep pushing back the pre-order date like they did the others. The have more time and got a REALLY early start to get him done in time. If they only did this with the rest, none of us would be pulling our hair out wondering what we will be getting. So good to you Fozzie and see you next year....and you too Gonzo! :concern:

Status
Not open for further replies.