Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Reaction score
I wonder what Master Replica's "cash cow" product is? The one(s) that allow for the harder-to-sell/higher end products like the Pirates busts and Gonzos. :concern: :confused:
Well they had Star Wars, and now Corgi owns them so i don't think they need a cash cow anymore.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

A recent MR newsletter..............or it may have been one of the Kermit World Tour features stated at the end of it, Get your Kermit Now, only 19 left, so there nearly gone forever?

Chris

muppetperson

Reaction score
My theory is since they got "three" Fozzie Bear Prototypes WAY before next years pre-order date. It should not give them no reason to have these out late, and no reason to keep pushing back the pre-order date like they did the others. The have more time and got a REALLY early start to get him done in time. If they only did this with the rest, none of us would be pulling our hair out wondering what we will be getting. So good to you Fozzie and see you next year....and you too Gonzo! :concern:
Dont forget that the three Fozzies were made fairly quickly because Terry made them, who knows what he is doing.Fozzie can quite easily get delayed once the prototypes start getting made in china.People are saying that Fozzie will be straight forward.Wrong! Look at Kermit, a simple design(some say the easiest to make) but all the problems with him.There are lots of things that can go wrong with Fozzie-fur texture and color,how padded he is,eyes/nose placement and size,etc.Plus the travelling back and forth from China for approval.Expect delays.LOL!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
On China-

It all really depends upon the team Fozzie gets in China. Sometimes they assign their C and D list talent to save their best people to impress new clients who haven't already inked long-term contracts. That's what happened Steppin-out Fozzie years ago.

However, I believe Fozzie will come out fine. Gonzo remains the one that worries me. :concern: I am certain there is a specifically measured diagram that is used for Fozzie's facial proportions that they will follow to the letter.

:embarrassed: The only catch is that Fozzie has had a few incarnations of these proportions in relation to eye and nose placement. No, they're not big changes, but fans can spot them. The question is if the fans that buy these will be happy with the formula that was chosen? :confused: That's the 400 dollar question.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i think there is a lot less chance they can get Fozzie wrong. Just a big teddy bear really, but yes eye and nose placement, lol. Terry seems to have got the right idea, although i was just watching the French Muppet Show thing and he seemed very off there. Puppet Heap don't seem to be making the puppets as faithfully close to the originals as Henson Workshop did and i think Puppet Heap are involved with these replicas so it depends what plans exactly are being used - original Henson or updated Puppet Heap.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah i think there is a lot less chance they can get Fozzie wrong. Just a big teddy bear really, but yes eye and nose placement, lol. Terry seems to have got the right idea, although i was just watching the French Muppet Show thing and he seemed very off there. Puppet Heap don't seem to be making the puppets as faithfully close to the originals as Henson Workshop did and i think Puppet Heap are involved with these replicas so it depends what plans exactly are being used - original Henson or updated Puppet Heap.
I checked out clips of Muppets TV before. The excerpts I saw included Kermit, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Scooter, Rowlf, Statler, Waldorf, Newsman, Swedish Chef, Animal, Clifford, Zoot and Dr. Teeth.

I don't remember seeing Janice, Floyd, Robin, Bunsen, Beaker, Pepe, Sam or Rizzo. That's not to say they weren't there. I just don't remember them from any of the bits I've seen. I encourage fans to check out YouTube for that. It's strange seeing which ones best translate in other countries. And hearing Gonzo's voice. :concern:

Scooter seems to be promoted more than Fozzie, Rowlf, Rizzo or Beaker on the program. Mainly it seems to be a Kermit, Gonzo, Piggy and Scooter show. Just hoping MR does get around to the orange fella. :wink:

The Gonzo puppet looked nice, but I see what you mean with Fozzie. They seem to still be in the MTI era rather than the modern one with that version of the puppet. :embarrassed:

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
Bad Gonzo means no Fozzie for me

Been a long time since I've posted, but my recent acquisition of a Kermit Replica has brought back a lot of my enthusiasm for my old favorites, and I feel very strongly about this whole Gonzo issue...

Sadly, money does not grow on trees, so I can't go nuts for replicas like I did with Palisades figures. Seeing the early photos of the Gonzo replica I had decided that I would put my money only into Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo - the three Muppets closest to my hearts and memories from the original movies and Muppet Show.

However, these recent photos of Gonzo have convinced me that that would not be money well spent AT ALL. Without Gonzo, there' s no point buying Fozzie, so I'm sticking with just Kermit. Master Replicas loses two purchases from me, not just one... Maybe even 4, because I'd have bought Bunsen and Beaker if they ever came around...

If they turn around their act and produce quality merchandise, then I may change my mind, but that $300 stuffed animal is certainly does not deserve the term "replica..." Anyone remember the turnaround Gonzo went through in the Palisades Line? I know that discussion has died down a bit on this, but I'm worried...

Someone find Ken Lilly quickly! :smile:

Telly

Reaction score
I, myself, won't be skipping out on Gonzo. I think MR is doin what they can. Plus, we haven't heard of anything in awhile so maybe they're working on something.
Honestly though, I think Kermit and Fozzie are a better pair than Kermit and Gonzo. I see no reason to not buy Fozzie just because you're not happy with Gonzo.

Status
Not open for further replies.