Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetguy

Reaction score
I'm sure....

Guys, I am sure that when the final Gonzo is out, it will be near Kermit and Animal perfection. To be honest, I like Animal (the character), but thought 400.00 was a tad much when I saw the pics posted on MR website, just wasn't good enough for me to want him. When the pics started pouring in on MC, I said to myself, I need him. He looks amazing with Kermit. Plus, like one of the members on here said, and I will try to quote them, 'once they are gone, they're gone, no more will be made.' I'm sure the same will happen with Gonzo. It is a shame that no one on MR's end posts that often, we sometimes hear from Amy here and there, but I'm sure they will achieve this goal. I bet you guys, they probably know they can pull it off, and aren't telling any of us, because they want to blow us away when the final pics are released. Just hoping. That's all any of us can do. It's out of our hands and I think we all voiced our concerns and I'm sure someone over at MR that has a heart has heard us all. Well, for people who have Animal, enjoy him, I can't wait to get mine.:halo:

Telly

Reaction score
Not Trying To Sound Like a Cheerleader....

I'm not an Animal fan all that much. I accept as part of the "main group" of Muppets. Alone though, he doesn't stick out for me. I was going to pass on the Animal poser, but after seeing ('specially with Kermit) REALLY made me want him.
As far as Gonzo, I do plan on getting him. I love the character. I appreciate what MR is doing for these characters. Besides, there's a lot of creative people out there and I'm anxious to see what they do with him. I could see somebody maybe airbrushing the nose maybe or even making their own nose/mouth out of foam. The possibilites are endless.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I'm not an Animal fan all that much. I accept as part of the "main group" of Muppets. Alone though, he doesn't stick out for me. I was going to pass on the Animal poser, but after seeing ('specially with Kermit) REALLY made me want him.
As far as Gonzo, I do plan on getting him. I love the character. I appreciate what MR is doing for these characters. Besides, there's a lot of creative people out there and I'm anxious to see what they do with him. I could see somebody maybe airbrushing the nose maybe or even making their own nose/mouth out of foam. The possibilites are endless.

I have been working with these guys to make them look better and I feel like the Muppet builder/repairer is coming out of me for some reason. I have been looking into the Scott foam thing. I found some at my local store and been working with it. I am wondering if I could get paint and dab the pattern of the scott foam on his nose with colored paints or something else. Like I said though, I am just experimenting and maybe, I can even make my own foam nose when I get him, I can carve it out or something. I am still wroking with Animal now that I got his eyebrows finished, now I am going to see if I can get his eyes worked out. I just need to know where Lab Rat got his black pupils from.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I just need to know where Lab Rat got his black pupils from.
I don't know where Lab Rat got his because he's in England, but in the States, you can get those sticky dots in any hobby or craft store. If you have a Michael's in your town, they carry them.

:stick_out_tongue:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I don't know where Lab Rat got his because he's in England, but in the States, you can get those sticky dots in any hobby or craft store. If you have a Michael's in your town, they carry them.

:stick_out_tongue:

They just built a Micheals near me. What do they call these dots though? Felt dots? Fuzzy dots? scrapbook dots? YIKES! I will ask someone when I get there this weekend. :wink:

Lab Rat

Reaction score
i cut the dots out from a sheet of black sticky backed flocked plastic they are 11mm across

MWoO

Reaction score
I'm sure there are pre-made dots out there though.

TML

Reaction score
My partner and I have made a few Muppet replica puppets and what we have used very successfully for the eyes are the round felt pads they make for the bottom of lamps, furniture, and vases. They come several sizes on a page and with a little black paint you're all set.

muppetguy

Reaction score
Hey TML

Would you ever post pics of the replicas that you and your partner had done?:confused:

TML

Reaction score
How many posts do you need to create a link to pictures? I don't post often, just read usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.