Learn Something New Everyday Thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
CARTOON ALL-STARS TO THE RESCUE was written by Sid & Marty Krofft writers.

Oh, the irony!
Clearly they were busted, and the government made them write it or else they would have to go to jail.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There's a neighborhood in Brooklyn called "Dumbo", and "Dumbo" actually stands for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass.
That is true. Soho is "South Of HOuston Street", Tribeca stands for TRIangle BElow CAnal Street, but they haven't found a way to shorten Washington Heights yet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently you don't get paid any prize money to break a world record. In fact, you have to pay to apply to break a world record.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
CARTOON ALL-STARS TO THE RESCUE was written by Sid & Marty Krofft writers.

Oh, the irony!
I still remember when that aired, April 22, 1990 (the day after my birthday, or maybe it was my birthday, close enough).
What amazed me was all the red tape they had to push through with various studios to have all those characters in one place. Bugs Bunny, Muppet Babies, Smurfs, Ninja Turtles,... who are we missing?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What amazed me was all the red tape they had to push through with various studios to have all those characters in one place. Bugs Bunny, Muppet Babies, Smurfs, Ninja Turtles,... who are we missing?
Chipmunks, Winnie the Pooh, Duck Tales, ALF, Garfield.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Boston accent has been voted the second-sexiest accent in America.

The Texan accent has been voted the sexist.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
probably because people think of the stereotypical sexy cowboy accent when they think texas.

i actually know someone from texas and she hardly has an accent at all

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The girl who was Bill Murray's character's daughter in OSMOSIS JONES has, in recent years, quit acting, and relocated to my state, where she now has her own alternative rock band.