Learn Something New Everyday Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Evidently, "buddy" is now considered an offensive/demeaning/condescending term.

Pretty soon there won't be a single word in any language left that isn't considered offensive.
If you ask me I think someone was just looking for an excuse to find something to be offended by with that

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So this is what Orko's face was supposed to look like!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I kinda figured this out already, given their appearances together on the Barretta Brothers, but the latest episode of Below the Frame confirmed that Peter Linz and Alice Dinnean are a couple! So Skye and Julie, Nuzzle and Sizzle from Puzzle Place, and Jack and Jill from Learning to Share are a couple in real life!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So for a long while, I thought my copy of the Mysterious Theater circles skit from episode 3158 on my old skit compilation tape didn’t have the new music cues added in….. but turns out they actually did have those cues after all (and I had @Schfifty check his copy from June 1994 just to make sure, which I appreciate his help on, which also had them)…. Remembering a little harder, I do recall hearing those cues on my tape (I watched it numerous, numerous times as a kid so it has stuck with me). Though to be honest, I actually have grown to like them a bit less as I’ve gotten older - I feel like they just kind of get in the way.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I learned how 90s kids are basically nothing more than puppets to the entertainment industry.

That’s what I learned today.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess Conrad "Gingy" Vernon is at Nickelodeon now instead of DreamWorks.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So there actually is a term for what I've been describing lately when trolls go out of their way to dislike your content on YouTube - it's called "Dislike Bombing," and in some cases, it may actually be organized, and it's not just random trolls who do this; some of them are also hate groups or others who target content that doesn't align with their narratives and such.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, the next big thing is here already, and it's called 12K.