• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • Christmas Music
    Our 19th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • 50th Anniversary Celebration
    Read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on Sesame Street's 50th anniversary special. An official DVD is on the way.
  • "Muppets Now" announced for Disney+
    It's finally official. A new, unscripted short-form series, “Muppets Now”, is coming to Disney+ in 2020. Let us know your thoughts on the Muppets big announcement.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn and Apple Music. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

Learn Something New Everyday Thread

Pig's Laundry

Reaction score
CARTOON ALL-STARS TO THE RESCUE was written by Sid & Marty Krofft writers.

Oh, the irony!
Clearly they were busted, and the government made them write it or else they would have to go to jail.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There's a neighborhood in Brooklyn called "Dumbo", and "Dumbo" actually stands for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass.
That is true. Soho is "South Of HOuston Street", Tribeca stands for TRIangle BElow CAnal Street, but they haven't found a way to shorten Washington Heights yet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently you don't get paid any prize money to break a world record. In fact, you have to pay to apply to break a world record.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
CARTOON ALL-STARS TO THE RESCUE was written by Sid & Marty Krofft writers.

Oh, the irony!
I still remember when that aired, April 22, 1990 (the day after my birthday, or maybe it was my birthday, close enough).
What amazed me was all the red tape they had to push through with various studios to have all those characters in one place. Bugs Bunny, Muppet Babies, Smurfs, Ninja Turtles,... who are we missing?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What amazed me was all the red tape they had to push through with various studios to have all those characters in one place. Bugs Bunny, Muppet Babies, Smurfs, Ninja Turtles,... who are we missing?
Chipmunks, Winnie the Pooh, Duck Tales, ALF, Garfield.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Boston accent has been voted the second-sexiest accent in America.

The Texan accent has been voted the sexist.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
probably because people think of the stereotypical sexy cowboy accent when they think texas.

i actually know someone from texas and she hardly has an accent at all

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The girl who was Bill Murray's character's daughter in OSMOSIS JONES has, in recent years, quit acting, and relocated to my state, where she now has her own alternative rock band.