Learn Something New Everyday Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A couple of things, as a matter of fact. . . .

1. As it turns out, Jeff Bennett was actually the Centipede's singing voice in JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH . . . now that I hear it, I can't unhear it!

2. Apparently one of the reasons why Doug Walker decided to have Nostalgia Critic review less nostalgic movies and more modern, recent, and contemporary movies when he revived the character was because apparently reviewing nostalgic movies was something of a torch that had been passed on to Lindsey Ellis, aka Nostalgia Chick, and apparently Doug (and maybe Channel Awesome to an extent) felt there was no sense in having more than one producer reviewing the same kind of content (in this case, nostalgic movies and such).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I had no idea Jeff was doing the singing voice! But I do hear it now actually.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And now you will never unhear it! :stick_out_tongue: Now it makes me wonder if Disney had turned the movie into a TV series, since they obviously wouldn't have been able to get Richard Dreyfuss to reprise the role, would it instead have gone to Jeff entirely. It could work.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Terence Trent D'Arby legally changed his name to Sananda Maitreya, and considers the former to have been a phony persona that has since died.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
One thing I learned today is eBay has the absolute WORST customer service out there by phone.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Probably because you're buying something directly from another person, not the company itself.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well the thing is I have two items I was selling with payments on hold because I accidentally mis-spelled “mail” when signing up (gmail account) and didn’t realize till too late, but I since fixed my email and put a new PayPal account linked to it. That said, I tried calling the customer service support number to see if I could fix this and it just brought me to a bot and not an actual person. 🤷🏿‍♂️

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yes, Sabbath can be pronounced Shabbat.
Different religions have their version of Sabbath.
Christians have Sunday. Jews have Saturday, Muslims have Friday.